SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#384008 - 02/07/14 09:53 AM Re: Another blow for live music [Re: travlin'easy]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
They had to eliminate the elevator operators job to pay for the music.

Jerryghr

#384022 - 02/07/14 01:08 PM Re: Another blow for live music [Re: travlin'easy]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Absolutely! Most people think music in an elevator is free - it's not! Someone has to pay for that music.

Gary cool

Heres the real question. After they collect those fees how is it distributed and how much to they take "off the top" How many place don't have music anymore because of stuff like this? Gary don't look now but I think thye're coming in the back door of some of your NH's. LOL!

#384031 - 02/07/14 03:01 PM Re: Another blow for live music [Re: Bill Lewis]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
You're right. Technically, ASCAP or BMI could walk into a nursing home and cause trouble if one of us is playing copyrighted material.

Several years ago, they targeted professional offices using radio feeds. I was at the consumer Electronics Show the year they made all exhibitors of any equipement used to demo with pre-recorded music pay a fee.

And as far as how they figure distribution? That's the mystery of the century.

I've dealt with these guys for years. They are straight gangsters...at least the guys in the field are.

There's got to be a better way of compensating the creatives in the business.

Russ

#384033 - 02/07/14 03:10 PM Re: Another blow for live music [Re: Jerryghr]
rosetree
Unregistered

But usually the venue, i.e. the nursing home / restaurant etc. is the responsible organizer of the event, so it is up to the nursing home to pay the copyright contributions and not the player's reaponsibility. At least I know it that way from the German GEMA (equivalent to BMI etc.). And if it is a private event (only for nursing home residents), no GEMA restriction applies.

Edited by rosetree (02/07/14 03:12 PM)

#384043 - 02/07/14 04:26 PM Re: Another blow for live music [Re: ]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Yes, the venue pays, but, often decides to stop live performances because of the cost and hassle.

R.

#384045 - 02/07/14 04:48 PM Re: Another blow for live music [Re: Jerryghr]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
For some reason, and I don't know why, I believe the Nursing Homes, etc..., are exempt - but I'm not sure why or if it's true. I think it has something to do with a federal mandate.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#384057 - 02/07/14 08:15 PM Re: Another blow for live music [Re: Jerryghr]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
It looks like it's world wide, and a constant flow of money forever, I wonder if the illuminati runs that organization too.

#384073 - 02/08/14 07:14 AM Re: Another blow for live music [Re: Jerryghr]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: Jerryghr
Dancing with the stars to replace live band with recordings.

http://parade.condenast.com/260238/erinh...er_201402051537

Jerryghr

Reality TV itself, is a blow to all entertainment, and entertainers. It dumbs down the watcher, and chisels away at the validity of entertainment, in general. American Idol, Survivor, these dance farces ... all Hollywood fakes posing as reality. I'm so close to getting rid of network TV altogether. I'd be so happy if these fluffy pieces of nothing just dried up and went away. And Donny - please don't tell me how much $$$ they generate. I know the drill. It's still a waste of bandwidth and time.

#384078 - 02/08/14 07:28 AM Re: Another blow for live music [Re: Jerryghr]
big741.1 Offline

Loc: Edmonton,Canada
I too am very close to turfing the TV set.

#384079 - 02/08/14 07:31 AM Re: Another blow for live music [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By: Jerryghr
Dancing with the stars to replace live band with recordings.

http://parade.condenast.com/260238/erinh...er_201402051537

Jerryghr

Reality TV itself, is a blow to all entertainment, and entertainers. It dumbs down the watcher, and chisels away at the validity of entertainment, in general. American Idol, Survivor, these dance farces ... all Hollywood fakes posing as reality. I'm so close to getting rid of network TV altogether. I'd be so happy if these fluffy pieces of nothing just dried up and went away. And Donny - please don't tell me how much $$$ they generate. I know the drill. It's still a waste of bandwidth and time.

Think of all the people that will be without jobs if there is no more reality shows?....as always Dave that's why we have a channel changer if someone doesn't like a certain show no one is forcing anyone to watch it right? You love Broadway plays,..... many people don't, so what? we have choices,.. there's enough reality in this world for everyone to enjoy or not. Millions watch these shows for a reason, ...they enjoy them, so who is to say otherwise money generated profits or not?. I know many people that doint have network TV and switched to alternatives like
Roku Box, etc,... http://www.roku.com/
personally I like to have it all to browse and choose as I please. Ok now Im gonna go watch my recorded Mob Wives with a hot cup of coffee,....I missed it as I was at a gig.. wink

http://www.vh1.com/shows/mob_wives/season_1/series.jhtml

l8tr buddy

Edited by Dnj (02/08/14 07:32 AM)

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online