SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#38384 - 09/26/01 07:18 PM :: Sound Card ::
Bro_Zul Offline

Loc: Batu Pahat, Johor, Malaysia
Hello friends...

I' ve a sound Card, Creative Sound Blaster Platinum. It has Midi in/out. I use my computer (and the sound card) as a computer based sequencer.

Recently, read articles to study about the homerecording. I like to use the same computer (and the same sound card) as computer based recording. But I dont know whether the sound Card is compatible for the multi-track recording or I have to get the new one.

Actually, I'm really a beginner in recording... I need experts and seniors to give some advice...

Thank for your advices and helps...

Bro_Zul

#38385 - 09/27/01 06:54 AM Re: :: Sound Card ::
DMC Offline

Loc: NY City
The SB plat. IS full duplex so in theory yes, you should be able to record multitrack. BUT number of tracks will determined by speed of machine, speed of hard drives and software(sequenecr).

DudeManCentral

Quote:
Originally posted by Bro_Zul:
Hello friends...

I' ve a sound Card, Creative Sound Blaster Platinum. It has Midi in/out. I use my computer (and the sound card) as a computer based sequencer.

Recently, read articles to study about the homerecording. I like to use the same computer (and the same sound card) as computer based recording. But I dont know whether the sound Card is compatible for the multi-track recording or I have to get the new one.

Actually, I'm really a beginner in recording... I need experts and seniors to give some advice...

Thank for your advices and helps...

Bro_Zul

#38386 - 09/30/01 05:13 AM Re: :: Sound Card ::
WS Offline

You have a multimedia card. YOu should get an Audio soundcard...less noice and pro quality. If you are on a budget I have seen used Card D+ forsale for under $100 at Harmony Central. This is a ISA card and used to make albums for bands such as The Moody Blues...originally over $1200 with the I/O card. There are no frills...2 ins..2 outs. In performance test the new Card Deluxe (PCI)is the best of all tested...it is $399 at www.digitalaudiolabs.com. The reason I recommend getting the used one (if it suits your needs) is because there is nothing worse than making recordings with hiss and poor quality, taking hours, days, weeks, months....and then wishing you had spent the $100. There are other cards that are excellent too.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online