SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#382857 - 01/28/14 01:44 PM Roland BK-5
firehead Offline

Loc: thornwood, n.y. , usa
Hello - I just received my Roland BK-5 that I ordered. I need help as to placing a tone such as a growl saxophone sound where the tone that says "strings/vocal" In other words, I was able to change tones on my BK-3 but this one is hard. Does anyone know how to do this?

#382870 - 01/28/14 02:33 PM Re: Roland BK-5 [Re: firehead]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Do you mean as a lead instrument? In a One-Touch Setting? In a Style/Rhythm? As a default for a Style?

#382875 - 01/28/14 03:15 PM Re: Roland BK-5 [Re: DonM]
firehead Offline

No, I just need it as one of the Tone sounds. In other words, the last tone says DRUMS. On my BK-3, I made the sound of piano & strings on that button. This keyboard, I don't know what buttons to press to save it on the DRUM button

#382877 - 01/28/14 03:33 PM Re: Roland BK-5 [Re: firehead]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Larry, Make sure you select the part you want to change...there are 4 parts drums, upper1 upper2 and lower..usually it defaults to upper1..You can make changes in the master window using the wheel after selecting the family of sounds..this will change instantly with the wheel..In part select ,you use the data wheel again, but must select enter..

If you want to save your selections..You need to save the panel selections as a performance...If you are changing one touch settings , you need to save as a user rhythm..and than you can save this as a performance also..

#382882 - 01/28/14 04:28 PM Re: Roland BK-5 [Re: firehead]
firehead Offline

Fran - Can you call me at 914-741-8488 please. I left a message on your phone. I pressed the write button but there is no acknowledgement of it being saved.

#382887 - 01/28/14 04:49 PM Re: Roland BK-5 [Re: firehead]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Larry, i suggest you read the manual about saving performances...You have to save the performance, and also the performance list.

I do not have a BK to walk you through..I sold mine last June..

Maybe a BK owner here can give you some hands on guidance....Once you get the idea..it is easy..a lot of steps , but it works..

Diki, Don, Bill..maybe you guys can help Larry..

#382921 - 01/29/14 06:50 AM Re: Roland BK-5 [Re: firehead]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Larry
Never had a BK5. I have the BK9 so I'm guessing the procedure is the same.
Choose the part you want to change
MENU / Preformance/ Choose part if its not there / do you edits for that part and/or others if you wish /Press Write
If you don't have that Style saved yet you can name it or it will just default to the Style name your working with.
This is a common Edit and the manuel should walk you through it.

Good luck

#382966 - 01/29/14 12:39 PM Re: Roland BK-5 [Re: firehead]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Already answered on another thread, but look up 'Favorite Tones' in the manual. You can set up eight of your main lead sounds for instant recall on ANY Performance (and a different eight for UPR1, UPR2 and LWR/MBASS, so 24 in practical terms).

I'd say, at this point, SLOW DOWN!

Don't focus so much on one thing. To avoid much of the confusion many players coming to the BK series from other arrangers have, concentrate first on some basic tools.

Learn how to save a Performance to a Performance List. Learn how to save a Style to a Performance. Learn how to edit a style (Makeup Tools) so you can change sounds, kits, volumes etc., and save that as a User Style, and then learn how to get a Performance to call up the User version.

I think we've had several people lose faith in the BK series by trying to run before they could walk. Be patient and methodical with the features and sleep with the manual under your pillow (I keep the print manual in the bathroom for those 'quiet moments' confused2 and the electronic manual on my computer), you'll get it soon enough.

Try Roland-arranger.com (where I moderate) to hook up with the largest collection of helpful Roland users out there...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online