Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#382749 - 01/27/14 01:10 PM Somebody please, buy this kid an arranger keyboard
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
he really needs it......NOT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_fQrcEfXRU

So how were your chops when you were 10? Or now.

chas

#382753 - 01/27/14 01:42 PM Re: Somebody please, buy this kid an arranger keyboard [Re: cgiles]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Yep...he's the real deal...I posted the same link in another thread earlier today...nice to see it on it's own.

Very good player, but it's his feeling that really does it.

Ian

#382758 - 01/27/14 02:34 PM Re: Somebody please, buy this kid an arranger keyboard [Re: ianmcnll]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Now, THAT JUST MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD!

I NEVER worry that there isn't a supply of fabulously talented players in the "Pipeline".

R.

#382759 - 01/27/14 03:19 PM Re: Somebody please, buy this kid an arranger keyboard [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I agree, Russ. There seems to be a lot of very talented youngsters out there. Of course, there are a lot of incredibly talented oldsters, too - and you're at the very top of the list in that category. You're one of the people that many of them hope to one day emulate.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#382762 - 01/27/14 04:02 PM Re: Somebody please, buy this kid an arranger keyboard [Re: cgiles]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Wow, how can a kid have so much talent, technique and artistry? Especially in jazz?!? Is something supernatural going on there?

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#382764 - 01/27/14 04:41 PM Re: Somebody please, buy this kid an arranger keyboard [Re: montunoman]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By: montunoman
Is something supernatural going on there?

Yes. Normally I don't believe in reincarnation but that kid has definitely been here before smile. That's an 'old soul' playing. When I was ten, I couldn't even spell Thelonious Monk. I recorded a version of 'round midnight for Russ, but after hearing this kid, I want to burn it....and then kill myself.

chas

chas

Edited by cgiles (01/27/14 04:50 PM)

#382765 - 01/27/14 04:41 PM Re: Somebody please, buy this kid an arranger keyboard [Re: montunoman]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Thanks Gary. I'd give up 1/2 my ability to play for 1/4th your ability to entertain.

I KNOW....DUO TIME!

Russ

#382769 - 01/27/14 05:30 PM Re: Somebody please, buy this kid an arranger keyboard [Re: cgiles]
billyhank Offline

No doubt the kid is very talented, but we have not yet heard "his" playing ideas. Moving from emulating to creating may be a problem.

If he is truly a old soul, then it will show up for us to enjoy.

Bill G

#382770 - 01/27/14 06:29 PM Re: Somebody please, buy this kid an arranger keyboard [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: cgiles
he really needs it......NOT.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_fQrcEfXRU
So how were your chops when you were 10? Or now.
chas

... when I was 10, most of my chops were pork !!!

#382775 - 01/27/14 07:34 PM Re: Somebody please, buy this kid an arranger keyboard [Re: billyhank]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By: billyhank
No doubt the kid is very talented, but we have not yet heard "his" playing ideas. Moving from emulating to creating may be a problem.

Bill G

No disrespect Bill, but are you kidding me? We should all have his 'problem'. I've been listening to jazz all my life and I don't know how you can tell when he is 'emulating' and when he is 'creating'. Herbie Hancock thinks he's pretty special and my old ancient ears tell me the same thing. I've heard hundreds of interpretations of these tunes and his seem pretty 'creative' to me. He's TEN YEARS OLD and he's reached a level of playing that I have not heard equaled by any 50, 60, or 70 yr old around here. Jeez, what does he have to do to get an unqualified AMEN around here? Play some 'country'?

chas

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online