SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#382785 - 01/27/14 09:05 PM Re: Korg PA900 vs Roland BK9 Keyboard [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
No need to apologize, Diki...it's okay to be YOU.

If anything, you are probably more understood here, than elswhere, although that may not be much consolation to you.

We usually all have different tastes and varied needs, so thankfully, we can adjust our instruments to suit what we want to hear, and perhaps, more importantly to some, what we want our audience to hear.

If one brand doesn't give us what we need or want...there's always another...that's the luxury we have because one manufacturer sees things different than another.

You know...something like us musicians.***

I'm always extra careful to be sure I'm in the mix...not on it...it's something we were advised to pay attention to a very long time ago when studying Electone organ...it was actually part of the course.

That's why I spend a lot of time editing styles and One Touch Settings, and it's also why I use a volume pedal.

I am sometimes surprised how few arranger players use the latter, but, again, different needs and wants.

A volume pedal is also especially handy if the player is singing or accompanying a vocalist or soloist. It's much easier to find the right balance using the pedal, than depending on preset panel volume(s) or to try adjusting a slider or knob while playing.

Ian

*** That's also why it's literally impossible to have everyone on SZ agree on something.

#382940 - 01/29/14 10:54 AM Re: Korg PA900 vs Roland BK9 Keyboard [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well, I can completely agree with that post, Ian, so I guess that's a start..! bow

A keyboard without a swell pedal is like a car with no accelerator or brake pedal, just on/off switches! Potentially, a disaster (mind you, down here in the South, looks like most people can't even make those work on ice!).

Not only are there other brands, but other brand's STYLES too, which you can find converted (or convert yourself). With work and patience, you can often lick them into acceptable shape, so if you are looking more more room to play (or less!) you aren't simply locked into your arranger's ROM styles...

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online