SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#382002 - 01/20/14 01:14 AM Tyros 5 styles on Ketron SD2 VS Korg PA600
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Hello,

Here is a video I just received from one user who recorded the Ketron SD2 and the Korg PA600 playing the Tyros 5 styles right out of the box with vArranger.

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#382010 - 01/20/14 06:59 AM Re: Tyros 5 styles on Ketron SD2 VS Korg PA600 [Re: DAN.2000]
Bachus Offline

They are hard to compare... because you are trying to compare a ballance that isnt there...

Its wellknown that whenever you play a Yamaha style on a Korg, you need to volume up the basses a little ... Thats juts because Korg styles have a different ballance then Yamaha styles..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#382012 - 01/20/14 07:07 AM Re: Tyros 5 styles on Ketron SD2 VS Korg PA600 [Re: DAN.2000]
Dnj Offline

Dan, .......yes it sounds pretty decent for sure, but we knew that,....but what I would be personally interested in would be to see how vArranger can be operated in a live situation regarding NAVIGATION & what I mean by that is a demo of it being used with styles and sounds that are being changed on the fly etc, etc, and how it is setup ragarding a song list on display, etc, .....
in other words how close can it come to when operating vArranger versus an Arranger KB? After all I don't know if I would ever try it but seeing it being used would at least give me or others a look into using it as an viable option on stage.......navigation ease is a key issue.

#382015 - 01/20/14 07:15 AM Re: Tyros 5 styles on Ketron SD2 VS Korg PA600 [Re: Dnj]
billyhank Offline

There is not much info on the site to know what you can do with it and no mention anywhere about what operating system or how much of a computer you need to use it. ????

Windows or Apple?
Can you save the input as a useable file for direct use on another keyboard - for example - input a Yamaha style saved as a useable and loadable to Korg style!
Probably not the intended use for Varranger, but this is not clear to me from what I see here.

Bill G

#382039 - 01/20/14 08:46 AM Re: Tyros 5 styles on Ketron SD2 VS Korg PA600 [Re: billyhank]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I can help out here. I have used Dan's vArranger on live gigs often. I use a Roland A-800Pro controller with various control buttons and sliders setup to do just about anything I need for a live gig without ever having to touch the laptop on which vArranger is running. It works pretty much just like a normal keyboard. I have run vArranger on Windows 7, Windows 8, and also running Windows 7 on my MacBook Pro. It all worked just fine.

Deane

#382044 - 01/20/14 08:55 AM Re: Tyros 5 styles on Ketron SD2 VS Korg PA600 [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: hammer
I can help out here. I have used Dan's vArranger on live gigs often. I use a Roland A-800Pro controller with various control buttons and sliders setup to do just about anything I need for a live gig without ever having to touch the laptop on which vArranger is running. It works pretty much just like a normal keyboard. I have run vArranger on Windows 7, Windows 8, and also running Windows 7 on my MacBook Pro. It all worked just fine.

Deane

Thats all well and good Deane thanx for your reply,,.......but I need to see it in action somehow video etc, to see if MY needs are met using it?.....may I also ask Why your not still using it?.....& if not why did you change?.. confused1

Edited by Dnj (01/20/14 08:56 AM)

#382047 - 01/20/14 09:02 AM Re: Tyros 5 styles on Ketron SD2 VS Korg PA600 [Re: billyhank]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
It is very easy to change volumes, pan, sounds, ADSR, expression, tuning, etc........ and SAVE.

I hope to post more real demos for you

It is for Windows only.
Mac users can install windows on Bootcamp.
Some users installed it using Parallels, but I never tried it personally.
Any computer will work (min Windows XP)
You don't need a fast computer if you use an external synth.
If you want to use VST or load big SoundFonts, you need more memory

There is no modifications done to the original styles, nor any style converter. The styles are natively supported.

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#382048 - 01/20/14 09:05 AM Re: Tyros 5 styles on Ketron SD2 VS Korg PA600 [Re: DAN.2000]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DAN.2000
It is very easy to change volumes, pan, sounds, ADSR, expression, tuning, etc........ and SAVE.

I hope to post more real demos for you

It is for Windows only.
Mac users can install windows on Bootcamp.
Some users installed it using Parallels, but I never tried it personally.
Any computer will work (min Windows XP)
You don't need a fast computer if you use an external synth.
If you want to use VST or load big SoundFonts, you need more memory

There is no modifications done to the original styles, nor any style converter. The styles are naively supported.

Dan I would love that thank you so much...cant wait.

#382050 - 01/20/14 09:12 AM Re: Tyros 5 styles on Ketron SD2 VS Korg PA600 [Re: DAN.2000]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Here is a link to a video of me using vArrager live on a gig. The sound is not all that great but you can see how it works with a controller. I am still using a mouse to select a song on vArranger but I now have a button on the controller setup to go to the next song in the list and the mouse is not needed. I use the iPad for my lead sheets.

https://app.box.com/s/njuhub4zbf6nfb6om9ni

Deane

#382054 - 01/20/14 09:36 AM Re: Tyros 5 styles on Ketron SD2 VS Korg PA600 [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: hammer
Here is a link to a video of me using vArrager live on a gig. The sound is not all that great but you can see how it works with a controller. I am still using a mouse to select a song on vArranger but I now have a button on the controller setup to go to the next song in the list and the mouse is not needed. I use the iPad for my lead sheets.

https://app.box.com/s/njuhub4zbf6nfb6om9ni

Deane

very Nice Deane enjoyed watching headphone .........question: isn't there a pedal you can use for the page scrolling also you dont have to use your hands?...and for sound source?...SD2? or? Thats a nice looking controller..

Edited by Dnj (01/20/14 09:38 AM)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online