SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#381963 - 01/19/14 02:24 PM Roland FA-08, Anyone interested?
Hal2001 Offline

Loc: U.S.
Haven't seen any opinions about the latest Roland products and am interested in your thoughts vs the Yamaha MOXF, particularly in the 88 key versions. Both brands are ultralight compared to whats out there, and Roland's larger screen looks way better than the Yammy. The FA-08 has "Patch Remain" which I'm interpreting as their version of Korg Kronos' Smooth Sound Transition - at least I hope that's what it is. That would be a very important feature. On the other hand, the MOFX has many of the Motif XF features. I'm wondering which you would recommend as the better option. P.S. Rolands's also come out with the RD-800, if you want to include that in your opinion. FYI, I'm primarily a piano player who uses acoustic and EP patches plus layered pads, strings and choruses (VOX). Occasionally, I do electronic (not piano featured) spacey New Age synth music. Thanks. Hal

#507217 - 12/13/22 08:33 PM Re: Roland FA-08, Anyone interested? [Re: Hal2001]
enjoywater Offline

Loc: Seattle WA
FA-08 has good sounds, beautiful screen, weighted keys. I had one but it is too heavy for gigging so I sold it after two years.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online