SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#381812 - 01/18/14 12:53 PM ot/ INK ON MY HANDS JAZZ VERSION.........
Dnj Offline

I was changing an ink cartridge before and just happened to get BLACK in on my hands!!! mad.....no problem I thought to myself to get it off with my usual methods, Nail polish remover, Ajax, OOPS Glue remover and many other methods that Didn't work so good I still have some ink on my fingers ...............I guess eventually it will go away confused1 ......so then I found this ingenious method online on a You Tube Video that demonstrates beyond a doubt how to do it...
so next time I will certainly be ready to remove
INK FROM MY HANDS!!! clap enjoy the background music.. cool2

#381851 - 01/18/14 03:00 PM Re: ot/ INK ON MY HANDS JAZZ VERSION......... [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
"In a Mellow Tone" - Duke Elligton - ... anybody know what style that was ? ... laugh2

Pumice Stone:
It is also used as an abrasive, especially in polishes, pencil erasers, cosmetic exfoliants, and the production of stone-washed jeans. "Pumice stones" are often used in beauty salons during the pedicure process to remove dry and excess skin from the bottom of the foot as well as calluses.

So basically, it takes your skin off and the ink comes off with it ...

#381854 - 01/18/14 03:34 PM Re: ot/ INK ON MY HANDS JAZZ VERSION......... [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

#381859 - 01/18/14 03:46 PM Re: ot/ INK ON MY HANDS JAZZ VERSION......... [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... imagine how good those young players were to be in that band ...
... and not an arranger KB in sight ... laugh2

PS ... I saw MF at Madison Square Garden in NYC around 1956 - 1958

Edited by tony mads usa (01/18/14 03:51 PM)

#381861 - 01/18/14 03:51 PM Re: ot/ INK ON MY HANDS JAZZ VERSION......... [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
... imagine how good those young players were to be in that band ...
... and not an arranger KB in sight ... laugh2

PS ... I saw MF at Madison Square Garden in NYC around 1956 - 1958

yeah I wonder what nursing homes they play at?... rolleyes

#381864 - 01/18/14 04:02 PM Re: ot/ INK ON MY HANDS JAZZ VERSION......... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Now, back to the ink removal - I guess Donny is too young to remember Lava Soap, which was made with pumice stone dust. When I was a kid, that was the soap of choice in every home and automotive shop - it removed everything from your hands and made them feel smooth as silk. smile Lava Soap

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (01/18/14 04:03 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#381866 - 01/18/14 04:06 PM Re: ot/ INK ON MY HANDS JAZZ VERSION......... [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I remember a product called "Snap" that was similar to the Lava Soap Gary described...it really did make your hands feel softer, as well as clean them of just about anything.

Ian

#381895 - 01/19/14 02:03 AM Re: ot/ INK ON MY HANDS JAZZ VERSION......... [Re: tony mads usa]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Pumice Stone:
It is also used as an abrasive, especially in polishes, pencil erasers, cosmetic exfoliants, and the production of stone-washed jeans. "Pumice stones" are often used in beauty salons during the pedicure process to remove dry and excess skin from the bottom of the foot as well as calluses.[/b][/color][/i]

Thanks, Tony.....now I don't have to get a high-speed connection to learn how to get ink off my hands (I couldn't view the video)!

Mark

#381907 - 01/19/14 05:00 AM Re: ot/ INK ON MY HANDS JAZZ VERSION......... [Re: Dnj]
Tony Hughes Offline

An angle grinder will shift it. Hells Donny have you run out of Arranger ideas, I will see if I can find a YouTube of someone filling a fountain pen with rubbers gloves on. If you try pumice Donny with your playing fingers you will draw blood.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#381909 - 01/19/14 05:11 AM Re: ot/ INK ON MY HANDS JAZZ VERSION......... [Re: Mark79100]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Mark79100
Pumice Stone:
It is also used as an abrasive, especially in polishes, pencil erasers, cosmetic exfoliants, and the production of stone-washed jeans. "Pumice stones" are often used in beauty salons during the pedicure process to remove dry and excess skin from the bottom of the foot as well as calluses.[/b][/color][/i]

Thanks, Tony.....now I don't have to get a high-speed connection to learn how to get ink off my hands (I couldn't view the video)!

Mark

Life's not good to you Mark, you will just have to take our word it works until you get fibre.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online