SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#381640 - 01/17/14 06:47 AM Re: OOOT: For FRAN, the 'Motorhead' [Re: tony mads usa]
124 Offline

LOL! I was never concerned with fitting an arranger across the back seat. More 'youthful' pursuits, I'd say. wink

#381643 - 01/17/14 07:50 AM Re: OOOT: For FRAN, the 'Motorhead' [Re: 124]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: 124
LOL! I was never concerned with fitting an arranger across the back seat. More 'youthful' pursuits, I'd say. wink

Years ago I cut my Leslie 147 in half horizontally and put a plywood bottom on it so I would have two pieces to fit in my vehicle.....plus cut the legs off my Hammond B-3 for the same reasons to get it in the van lol...

Edited by Dnj (01/17/14 07:55 AM)

#381654 - 01/17/14 08:39 AM Re: OOOT: For FRAN, the 'Motorhead' [Re: Dnj]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Current project: a 1985 Buick Rivera with 22,000 miles. Has not been started since 206. Not worth much, but if I can get it running, I would participate in the antique car rallies and shows my youngest son loves so much.

He's the hard-liner, at 32, having owned more cars than me. Currently, he has a Miata for one kind of race, a 55 Chevy, a 72 El Camino, and an old Firebird. Our old Cushmans and a kit bike or two stay at his house.

I can't change a light bulb, but, maybe, with his help, I'll be able to keep the Riviera running and have a little fun in the process.

Russ

#381660 - 01/17/14 09:00 AM Re: OOOT: For FRAN, the 'Motorhead' [Re: captain Russ]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: captain Russ

I can't change a light bulb, but, maybe, with his help, ...
Russ

Russ ... stand on a ladder and have your sons and grandson keep turning it until the bulb comes out of the socket ... rotfl

#381661 - 01/17/14 09:00 AM Re: OOOT: For FRAN, the 'Motorhead' [Re: tony mads usa]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Russ, take care of MY Cushman!

#381664 - 01/17/14 09:08 AM Re: OOOT: For FRAN, the 'Motorhead' [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj

Years ago I cut my Leslie 147 in half horizontally and put a plywood bottom on it so I would have two pieces to fit in my vehicle.....plus cut the legs off my Hammond B-3 for the same reasons to get it in the van lol...

Yeah, it's amazing the things we did. We took a circular saw to my old Hammond for ease of portability. So it became a two-man job to lift it, not a four-man job - there's efficiency for ya. It took about a dozen 8-pin connectors to connect the wiring between the two halves.

Worst that ever happened was when my Hammond was in this 'mickey mouse' box trailer I'd 'built'. Turning a corner one day, the car and loaded trailer parted company. Somehow the trailer stayed upright with the hitch grooved into the tarmac. The organ? Not a scratch.

#381684 - 01/17/14 11:01 AM Re: OOOT: For FRAN, the 'Motorhead' [Re: tony mads usa]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Makes you think that all the storm in a teacup stuff we go through here about arranger prices is a drop in the ocean compared to what we have dropped on autos...

Maybe with the exception of Donny, LOL

I used to have a Hyundai that wouldn't fit my Ensoniq 76 in its case in the back. So it went in the passenger seat folded flat as possible and stretched into the back. And my wife rode behind me!

You make it work, whatever you have. Never bought a keyboard to fit a car yet...!

#381688 - 01/17/14 11:47 AM Re: OOOT: For FRAN, the 'Motorhead' [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj

Oh the Horror, destroying a B3 !!! Moved mine in and out of the van and in and out of the basement using the Roll or Carry dollies. I can't believe I did it so many times !! Lat time I picked up just the dollies I couldn't believe how heavy they were. Sold it all with my last B3

#381690 - 01/17/14 11:52 AM Re: OOOT: For FRAN, the 'Motorhead' [Re: tony mads usa]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
One of the happiest days of my life was the day I sold my last big Yamaha organ (FS500 I think), leslies, dollies, etc. Went from a thousand pounds to a hundred!
That Yamaha outweighed all the Hammonds I ever had!

#381691 - 01/17/14 11:55 AM Re: OOOT: For FRAN, the 'Motorhead' [Re: tony mads usa]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
I switched to Honda Accords quite some time ago....boring but dependable.
Ian

BORING ?!?

Tony, this is a picture of the kind of car I have now...a 2002 Accord SE...all options (sunroof, power everything) except leather upholstery, and it's equipped with the VTEC high-performance 4-cylinder with 4-speed automatic. It also has the optional HD suspension with sway bars front and rear so it handles great regardless of any gear weight.

The rear seat folds down and allows access to the trunk. Very reliable car with close to 90,000 miles on it. A bit of luxury with lots of economy. It's my 5th Honda and my next car will be one as well.

Performance is pretty good...I'm a much more laid back driver than I was back in my younger years.

Honda make great cars, for sure.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online