SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#381553 - 01/16/14 06:41 AM any MIDI whizzkid who can help me out here ?
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Recently I have come into possession of the Ketron Midjay Plus module, a weird contraption really which combines mp3 player, midi-player, recorder etc. as well as a complete arranger keyboard that reads most of the SD5 and previous ketron arranger styles. Soundwise it is a bit of a mixed bag but of course the drums are outstanding.All in all I am very pleased with it,but.....

This module too sports 4 sets of midi soundbanks apart from the GM soundbank. I know how to enter a 9 digit
midi code in the Korg PA800 to reach the innards of the Ketron but so far I have failed to reach the extra soundbanks.
The Ketron manual says this :

PRESET VOICES: CONTROL 0 VALUE 3
BANK 1 CONTROL 0 VALUE 0
BANK 2 CONTROL 0 VALUE 1
BANK 3 CONTROL 0 VALUE 2

I wonder if someone could tell me how to address these different soundbanks and with which 9 digit codes ?
Any help would me greatly appreciated.

Regards,
John

#381554 - 01/16/14 07:08 AM Re: any MIDI whizzkid who can help me out here ? [Re: john smies]
billyhank Offline

John,

Never have had hands on with this module, but control 0 usually refers to MSB 0 and the value would be 001, 002,...
And, since control 32(LSB) is not mentioned, it must always be 000.
Now the voices are either just the number shown or need to add or subtract 1.

Now not knowing how Ketron thinks about this, they may be using Control 0 as LSB and just calling it by their own term.

So let's try the setting for "Rode Low" = 002 000 005.
Try this and see if you get the correct voice.
If it works, you now have the key.

Bill G

#381555 - 01/16/14 07:14 AM Re: any MIDI whizzkid who can help me out here ? [Re: john smies]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: john smies

Recently I have come into possession of the Ketron Midjay Plus module, a weird contraption really which combines mp3 player, midi-player, recorder etc. as well as a complete arranger keyboard that reads most of the SD5 and previous ketron arranger styles. Soundwise it is a bit of a mixed bag but of course the drums are outstanding.All in all I am very pleased with it,but.....

This module too sports 4 sets of midi soundbanks apart from the GM soundbank. I know how to enter a 9 digit
midi code in the Korg PA800 to reach the innards of the Ketron but so far I have failed to reach the extra soundbanks.
The Ketron manual says this :

PRESET VOICES: CONTROL 0 VALUE 3
BANK 1 CONTROL 0 VALUE 0
BANK 2 CONTROL 0 VALUE 1
BANK 3 CONTROL 0 VALUE 2

I wonder if someone could tell me how to address these different soundbanks and with which 9 digit codes ?
Any help would me greatly appreciated.

Regards,
John

The 9 digits you can enter in your Korg are most probably composed of three groups of three values:
1) MSB (bank select)
2) LSB ("sub-bank")
3) PC (program change).
The MSB is defined by controller 0, the value given by Ketron for the extra banks are either 0,1 or 2. That means: the first three digits are: 000, 001 or 002.
The LSB is defined by controller 32, but Ketron doesn't give values here, so the middle three digits must be: 000 (or switched off, if Korg allows this.
The last three digits are the PC number given for each individual sound in the Ketron sound list.
So, for example, for sound no.2 in Bank 2 the value should be:
001 000 002.
Hope this helps. I would be interested in the result.

#381566 - 01/16/14 09:58 AM Re: any MIDI whizzkid who can help me out here ? [Re: ]
john smies Offline

Thanks Bill and Rosetree, I will give it a go first thing tomorrow morning and report back. Much appreciated.

regards,
John

#381581 - 01/16/14 01:44 PM Re: any MIDI whizzkid who can help me out here ? [Re: john smies]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Generally, if an LSB isn't used, no need to send it.

#381584 - 01/16/14 02:12 PM Re: any MIDI whizzkid who can help me out here ? [Re: john smies]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
I know very well the Midjay Plus, because it has the same sounds than the Ketron SD2 that I connect to a computer with my vArranger PC software to be able to play Midjay Plus on the SD2.

The bank1 is MSB 0
The bank2 is MSB 1
The bank3 is MSB 10

MSB is Ctrl 0

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#381674 - 01/17/14 10:04 AM Re: any MIDI whizzkid who can help me out here ? [Re: DAN.2000]
john smies Offline

Guys,

I did try all those but they do not really respond. I also had the SD2 module and it worked perfectly in combination with the Korg PA800 just as Dan said. The funny thing is that when I set the PA800 to exterior mode and have the default piano in the Ketron, the Korg then reads 021.000.000 .Anyway I have sent an email to Ketron hoping they will answer me. I also asked them for a service manual of the Midjay Plus and behold, within a week I was sent one by email !
Rosetree I will keep you posted on further developments.

regards,
John

#381677 - 01/17/14 10:08 AM Re: any MIDI whizzkid who can help me out here ? [Re: john smies]
joso Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi

Have you read the manual...?

Jørgen

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online