SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#380821 - 01/07/14 03:09 PM Re: What to expect from Winter NAMM? [Re: Bachus]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I'm looking forward to wild, unrealistic expectations, then sad, depressing reality... LOL

#380823 - 01/07/14 03:14 PM Re: What to expect from Winter NAMM? [Re: Diki]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
I'm looking forward to wild, unrealistic expectations, then sad, depressing reality... LOL

But keep in mind that withouth dreams the world is just a dull place...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#380826 - 01/07/14 03:23 PM Re: What to expect from Winter NAMM? [Re: Bachus]
Diki Offline

The world is the same place if you dream, or if you don't. Only your PERCEPTION of it changes...

And dreaming of unfulfillable things means your perception will generally be of disappointment. I prefer a bleaker outlook, then I tend to be proved right more often!

#380829 - 01/07/14 03:51 PM Re: What to expect from Winter NAMM? [Re: Bachus]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
confused1

I'm sure glad I look at things from a much more positive aspect. In my mind I thought of all those tiny islands along the way to the Florida Keys as jewels in the sea. I was NEVER disappointed.

With a few exceptions, the same outlook seemed to be true with the vast majority of the people I met along this incredible journey called "Life."

Thus far, I haven't been disappointed with any of the newly introduced musical instruments, or any of the associated equipment that is featured at the shows every year.

Maybe, though, I'm easier to please than some individuals. wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#380835 - 01/07/14 05:31 PM Re: What to expect from Winter NAMM? [Re: Diki]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... I prefer a bleaker outlook, ...

Diki ... I REALLY hope you don't live your life that way ... if you do, I feel sorry for you ...

#380846 - 01/07/14 10:54 PM Re: What to expect from Winter NAMM? [Re: Bachus]
Mr. G Offline

Loc: Monroe, Mi. USA
I heard from a good source that Kurzweil might be unvailing a new K3000. I would love to see a new flagship keyboard from them, It would be very interesting to see what they come up with. It would have to be a great board from what they've had through-out the past years.
Mr. G ,OASYS , KRONOS ,Jupiter 80 , AUDYA 5, Midas Venice ,Danley Labs sm-60f's ,Danley TH mini subs, QSC KW 122's,118 sub , Senhieser and Heil , Audix VX-10 , TC_Helicon ,ZOOM 9200, Lexicon ,Alesis ,AKG solid tube ,AB international Power Sub3600

#380853 - 01/08/14 12:19 AM Re: What to expect from Winter NAMM? [Re: DonM]
nbnserge Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
Don't need nothin'
Don't want nothin'
Don't wanta hear about nothin'
Unless it's something great!

Totally agree with Don !
I only buy something great for my ears
and to know if something is great or not for ME
I always GO and TEST it first before speaking and deciding

#380925 - 01/08/14 01:47 PM Re: What to expect from Winter NAMM? [Re: Bachus]
Diki Offline

You could easily replace 'bleaker' with 'realistic', if it makes you feel less sorry for me!

It is, 99% of the time, the correct outcome.

Generally, especially at this time of the year, wild, unrealistic scuttlebutt gets all the press. Then 'reality' sets in. Same ol', same ol'.

If you live your life always expecting 'something great' to come out by the arranger manufacturers, either, like Gary, you need very low expectations, or you live in a constant state of disappointment.

Personally, my life is VERY happy, because I am not expecting it to suddenly become wonderful... it already IS! I live in Paradise (although a little chilly the last few days!), play music for a living (done so all my life). I don't need the tenuous promise of new gear to feel great. Quite happy with what I have...

#380936 - 01/08/14 02:12 PM Re: What to expect from Winter NAMM? [Re: Diki]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA

Personally, my life is VERY happy, because I am not expecting it to suddenly become wonderful... it already IS! I live in Paradise (although a little chilly the last few days!), play music for a living (done so all my life). I don't need the tenuous promise of new gear to feel great. Quite happy with what I have...

I am HAPPY to hear that ... grin

... unfortunately or fortunately - I'll let my audience decide - my keyboard is only as good as it is going to be in MY hands ... keys

#381188 - 01/11/14 01:45 PM Re: What to expect from Winter NAMM? [Re: Bachus]
rosetree
Unregistered

Roland recently registered a new trademark called 'AIRA' for sound modules and effect processors.
http://www.trademarkia.com/aira-86110447.html

I think it's a good sign regarding NAMM or later. It would be absolutely great if something as compact as the SonicCell with virtual SRX boards would be developed.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online