SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#380411 - 01/03/14 10:07 AM I want the nes TC VL3!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Soooo .... that means - my VLT2 is on the trading/sale block.
It's like new - not a scratch. I bought it before I figured out how to work the PA900's internal VP. This unit has been on exactly 4 jobs - all indoors and no one but me has touched it. Comes with 3 button footswitch, box, manuals and I'll ship it free to the US.

$500.
It really sounds great, but I want the added guitar stuff.
Talk to me, Zoners!

#382663 - 01/26/14 07:04 PM Re: I want the nes TC VL3! [Re: Uncle Dave]
KORG80 Offline

Dave,

I'm partial to Digitech but I'm looking to check out this.

http://www.tc-helicon.com/products/voicelive-play-gtx/#image=4

God Bless,
Don

#382689 - 01/27/14 04:54 AM Re: I want the nes TC VL3! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Hey Don,
I had that unit and returned it because of locking up problems. I had midi,guitar and audio all connected and sometimes it would just freeze. Sounded great, but the VLT2 is better in all ways.

#382906 - 01/28/14 09:04 PM Re: I want the nes TC VL3! [Re: Uncle Dave]
KORG80 Offline

Hi Dave,

I bought this with the understanding I could return it in credit for the VLP GTX.

http://cdn3.volusion.com/k42vd.m5zaf/v/vspfiles/photos/VL3D-2T.jpg?1360400568
Only had it for a day but I'm liking it. I'm having my first positive experience with an outboard midi driven harmonizer. I tried two different "Harmony M" units from TC.
They both constantly locked up or stopped producing harmony. Probably rebooted those things more than I ever turned them on. If the VLP GTX is prone to that problem. I'll have to look at upgrading to Voice Live Touch.

Thanks for what could be some very important insight. Do you buy stuff, check it out and return for credit toward a replacement unit very often. This is my first experience doing that. I was able to rent my Digitech Vocalist 4 and my usual store loaned me Voice live 2 overnight. Having a week left on my Digitech rental I was able to put the two units to side by side comparison. Contrary to what the industry says the TC unit was outclassed by the lowly $400 Digitech. I saved myself $800.
I had prepared myself to pay $1200 for the best available harmonizer and was pretty shocked to see that it came in as inferior to Digitech. Been talking with Tony and he prefers Digitech too. I was really glad to hear that as I thought I had "tin ears" or something. Again thanks for your input on this thread.

God Bless,
Don
P.S. Better get to bed. I have to teach tomorrow. From what I've read on here that seems to be your day job as well. Is that correct?

#382915 - 01/29/14 04:18 AM Re: I want the nes TC VL3! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Hi Don,
I admit to being somewhat fickle with gear, but I honestly don't buy with the intent to be disappointed. I try to research before I purchase, but sometimes a new product comes out and I just get itchy, so I jump on it without knowing all the story. I used my Digitech harmonizer for 10 years without a hitch. As much as I love the TC sound .... they have had their share of problems in the lower end for me. this VLT2 has been stellar so far, but I hardly take it out, since I befriended the PA900.
Good luck in your quest!
Dave

#383029 - 01/29/14 06:13 PM Re: I want the nes TC VL3! [Re: Uncle Dave]
KORG80 Offline

Thanks Dave!

#383047 - 01/29/14 08:33 PM Re: I want the nes TC VL3! [Re: Uncle Dave]
KORG80 Offline

Forgot to ask Dave...... With all those years of experience is the harmony from the pa 900 good enough when you consider the convenience factor?
God Bless,
Don

#383416 - 02/01/14 12:38 PM Re: I want the nes TC VL3! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Don,
Yes, it's good enough. The advantages that I miss in the upgraded models are not a huge factor, and the audience will probably never really know which one I use. If I had more specific needs, I'd bring the extra gear, but for my very low-key shows ... it's just not as important to me as it once was. The 900 is a dream machine for my world. The only thing I'd like to add would be a guitar/aux input and an eq on the MP3 playback section. That'd be nice.

#383630 - 02/03/14 12:13 PM Re: I want the nes TC VL3! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

OK - I'm sure that I want that new TC harmonizer, mostly because of what it adds to my guitar rig, but also - I can now have my ipad and guitar playing back THRU the PA900 speakers and not loose the harmony. I need this, so ....
I'm dropping the price:
$400 local pickup, or $435 shipped to US48. It's absolute MINT, and works perfectly, as it should. Not a scratch on it.

$400 ... gong once .....

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online