#380364 - 01/03/14 12:24 AM Re: How things have changed ... [Re: tony mads usa]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Cuppa tea...works for me.

Ian

#380365 - 01/03/14 12:36 AM Re: How things have changed ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I'm more an espresso kind of guy, myself!

#380368 - 01/03/14 12:58 AM Re: How things have changed ... [Re: tony mads usa]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Feel free to espresso your feelings...don't worry...we won't mocha you.

Ian

#380371 - 01/03/14 02:51 AM Re: How things have changed ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy

#380372 - 01/03/14 02:55 AM Re: How things have changed ... [Re: cgiles]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: cgiles
Originally Posted By: Jerry T
Gus Bavona told us that Harry James would regularly polish off fifth of vodka on a gig but no one ever saw him sipping the booze. I can assure you however, the booze in no way effected their performance ...

REALLY? A fifth of Vodka (taken over a short period) will kill the average frat boy. Hard to believe that it "in no way 'effected' (sic) their performance,.,.,". Do they make 10 proof vodka?

chas

Starbucks bold blend, black, no sugar is my choice these days, but wasn't always.

Seems like the man may have been a heavy hitter. Nothing's impossible, when I tended bar at a the now closed Golden Lantern Restaurant stars from the local summer theatre Warwick Musical Theatre came to the restauarnt after the show. The owners of both venues were close friends and it was a fact that Red Foxx used to routinely drink a fifth of Chivas Regal before going on stage.

When you're a daily drinker the body builds a tolerance and a person needs the sauce just to function normally. Have to believe based on what Gus Bavona said that it wasn't too far off the mark even if the facts are not right on for a daily heavy drinker that sounds just about right.

#380373 - 01/03/14 03:00 AM Re: How things have changed ... [Re: Dreamer]
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy

#380374 - 01/03/14 03:43 AM Re: How things have changed ... [Re: tony mads usa]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Hard to say whether their performance was 'effected' or not since no one knew what their performance was like when they were sober. My grandfather smoked his entire life and lived to be 95, but who's to say that he might not have lived to be 115 if he hadn't smoked (thank God he didn't.....he was really a crusty old bastard).

chas

BTW, http://www.diffen.com/difference/Affected_vs_Effected

Edited by cgiles (01/03/14 03:47 AM)

#380391 - 01/03/14 09:06 AM Re: How things have changed ... [Re: Dreamer]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Dreamer

AHHHhhh, Andrea ... breakfast in ITALIA !!! I miss it sooooo much ...

After I get the snow off the vehicles, I am going to make myself a nice double espresso !!! coffee

#380392 - 01/03/14 09:10 AM Re: How things have changed ... [Re: tony mads usa]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
You might want to avoid Colorado when traveling. Take I-80 North of us I think, or whatever is South of Colorado. As of the first we now have interstates, highways and roads covered with a bunch of "DAMNED POT HEADS." I wonder how many of them are going to be "Government Officials and Supposedly Peace Officers." Most imbeciles that I talk with thinks it's great with a few exceptions.

If I had the money, I'd move. I'm ashamed of the attitudes here. Now all sorts of public low life officials will move here and other low life too. It's all down hill from here.

We have several school kids every year drive off of the mountain a few miles out of my kitchen window. There's always booze involved. Now there will be lots more of this going to happen as soon as Meth and Coke are legal. Their all gonna think that their cars can fly off the mountain to the road below.

Just think, we have millions more today graduating colleges and such and getting into politics and you'd think the population would be smarter today, but it all seems to go downhill and it will only escalate now.

#380399 - 01/03/14 09:21 AM Re: How things have changed ... [Re: tony mads usa]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Chas you are as bad an English snob as I am! smile
My wife gets so frustrated at my screaming at the tv when the announcers continually say "whether or not" and "the reason why".
Yesterday, again, I actually heard an announcer say "whether or not Alabama gets back in this game depends on whether or not they can run the ball, or not". Yes, a triple redundancy!
My grammar in person is actually very sloppy, but announcers on tv are actually training our young people to speak that way.
Another pet peeve that has already been abused to the point of no return is the use of adverbs to start sentences. For example, hopefully. http://www.cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...fully-not/?_r=0
O.K. end of rant. Hopefully this will have no irrelevance to nothing, whether or not we understand the reason why.
Oh, did I mention Calvary, when we mean Cavalry? Circle the wagons.
smile
Indeed, how things have changed.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online