SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#380327 - 01/02/14 01:52 PM Re: How things have changed ... [Re: tony mads usa]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
I feel sorry for Elvis, drugs, Johnny Ace Russian Roulette. They must have been drunk or drugged up, and how many others that need this stuff to get through the little life that they do live.
I had bought two of those shot mini bottles of bourbon on the first two or three solo gigs when I started back gigging.
After a couple of gigs and no one booed me or bit me, I was OK. I hadn't played a gig since 1974 when I started back. Was very hard to get out and do it.

Don send me $1000 just for the gas! Penny said we don't have to eat for a couple of days and we can sleep in the car and we'll get started ASAP and stay with you and gig for a year if you want and you keep any monies you can charge extra for me at the gig and you keep all of the tips too. I'm packing now man. Can't wait to suck a couple 2000 crawfish heads, and eat a couple 1000 of crab claws. Hmm Hm good. Hurry eh?

#380331 - 01/02/14 02:23 PM Re: How things have changed ... [Re: tony mads usa]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
It would affect my performance just WATCHING someone drink a fifth of vodka and try to play!
However, I opened a show for Ray Price once, and two guys had to help him on stage, each holding one arm. I thought he'll never finish the first song, but he did a great show and never missed a note. Then they had to help him off stage. That was 35 years ago. He was no doubt partaking off grass and not booze though.

#380337 - 01/02/14 03:44 PM Re: How things have changed ... [Re: tony mads usa]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Don you're dodging the issue. Are ya gonna send the gas money?

#380343 - 01/02/14 06:34 PM Re: How things have changed ... [Re: tony mads usa]
DonM Offline

Check is in the mail Boo.

#380345 - 01/02/14 06:43 PM Re: How things have changed ... [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... Pony Express, boo ...

#380348 - 01/02/14 07:25 PM Re: How things have changed ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
One more boring booze story; I was called into a studio to lay a couple of live accordion pads for 2 songs for a folk-rock singer. When everyone arrived, introductions, a little chat about what he wanted and before the first run through, a girl comes to each of us and asks what we wanted to drink and I ask for water. There’s a snicker or two and I say, ‘No, really just water please’. A couple of hours go by, ‘change this, can you do that …’ After a while the singer says ‘what d’ya think man, got no punch man, no life’ I reply, ‘no sh--, you guys are drunk - you’re falling asleep’. He somehow got a decent recording, in part thanks to a magician engineer and I got my check then went out for a drink.

#380349 - 01/02/14 07:37 PM Re: How things have changed ... [Re: DonM]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By: DonM
It would affect my performance just WATCHING someone drink a fifth of vodka and try to play!
However, I opened a show for Ray Price once, and two guys had to help him on stage, each holding one arm. I thought he'll never finish the first song, but he did a great show and never missed a note. Then they had to help him off stage. That was 35 years ago. He was no doubt partaking off grass and not booze though.

That must have been an epic amount of weed to need lifting on stage..! I'd say it's a lot more likely to be a combination of pills and booze. That was the anesthetic of choice back in those days! drink

#380352 - 01/02/14 08:35 PM Re: How things have changed ... [Re: Diki]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: Diki
... pills and booze. That was the anesthetic of choice back in those days

Never touched either ... never worked with anyone who did. My drug of choice has always been adrenalin! Comes free with admission, too.
smile
I hate how music and drugs seem to be partnered up throughout the ages ... all it did was end lives too soon. Music comes from the heart, not a bottle or a bag.
(teacher hat off ... going to bed now)

#380358 - 01/02/14 10:32 PM Re: How things have changed ... [Re: tony mads usa]
DonM Offline

Most likely you're right Diki. I was pretty naive back then. I got my kicks from music, girls and golf!

#380362 - 01/03/14 12:11 AM Re: How things have changed ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
My mantra is 'moderation in all things, EXCEPT moderation!'.

The problem isn't the substances, it is substance ABUSE...

smoke drink confused2

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online