SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#379780 - 12/29/13 10:31 AM Re: The NUMA/Studiologic organ [Re: Mockie]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Not trying to tell anyone what is BEST... just offering up alternatives, chas.

IMO, you already have what's BEST at a Hammond clone. The KeyB mkIII sounds incredible. But it is no more what the OP talked about than a BK-9. And a hell of a lot more expensive!

Basically, the Numa Organ costs about the same as a BK-9. So consider it (the BK-9) as a clonewheel sim keyboard, that throws in an amazing arranger FOR FREE!

Not too shabby...

#379797 - 12/29/13 11:20 AM Re: The NUMA/Studiologic organ [Re: Diki]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By: Diki

Basically, the Numa Organ costs about the same as a BK-9. So consider it (the BK-9) as a clonewheel sim keyboard, that throws in an amazing arranger FOR FREE!

Not too shabby...

The Numa Organ is £1100 whereas the BK9 is £1700, so you are not getting a free arranger add on with the BK9. (The price is similar to adding a BK7m)

Bill

#379804 - 12/29/13 11:41 AM Re: The NUMA/Studiologic organ [Re: Mockie]
Diki Offline

You aren't shopping around. I got my BK-9 for not much more than $2000, which is what a new Numa costs over here.

#379838 - 12/29/13 03:52 PM Re: The NUMA/Studiologic organ [Re: cgiles]
Mockie Offline

Loc: Dublin Ireland
Originally Posted By: cgiles
From his comments ("B3", "get back to live playing", "pedals", etc), I would say he was looking for the ORGAN experience, not a keyboard with some organ patches on it (no matter how good).

chas

Chas, you hit the nail on the head. I do miss playing "for real"

and my fondest memories takes me back to early eighties

playing a Hammond X5 with small Italian rotary speaker and

pedals coming through a small bass amp. Right now I'm reeking

with nostalgia and I'd love to have an organ, pedals the lot.

I wont have to worry about a leslie speaker and probably wont

make any money playing jazz standards, whereever. But for me

music was not about money when fell in love with it 50+ years

ago.

I will continue playing arranger for gigs/money and it's

unlikely that I will upgrade to a Tyros 5 or the like.

Thanks all for the contributions..............now to get some

money for that organ, where's my arranger !!!!!!!!!!!

Frank

#379839 - 12/29/13 04:00 PM Re: The NUMA/Studiologic organ [Re: Diki]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By: Diki
You aren't shopping around. I got my BK-9 for not much more than $2000, which is what a new Numa costs over here.

Obviously the price in the US of the Numa is way way more than over here in Europe, and shopping around the price differences are not that great, even in the sales. (If the Numa is the price you say it is then it will probably be cheaper to buy in Europe and have it shipped over)

Bill

#379843 - 12/29/13 05:23 PM Re: The NUMA/Studiologic organ [Re: Mockie]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: Mockie
Right now I'm reeking

with nostalgia and I'd love to have an organ, pedals the lot.

Frank

Frank, I know the feeling. Good luck with your search. The NUMA is a good combination of price, sound quality, organ ergonomics, and weight. The guys over at KC that have them seem quite happy with them.

chas

#379964 - 12/30/13 12:51 PM Re: The NUMA/Studiologic organ [Re: Mockie]
Diki Offline

Got to confess, if I want the full organ experience, nothing other than a double manual unit and pedals is going to suffice.

The minute you decide to go to a single manual sim, all bets are off. It's close to impossible to set up a second MIDI keyboard under the sim close enough to give the proper dual manual experience you get with any proper organ, a full set of pedals will cost more than the Numa itself, and a Leslie sim won't come CLOSE to making you think you are playing the real thing...

At this point, probably time to start being realistic!

Mockie has got the same gear as me (plus the MIDI accordion, I've only got two non-MIDI ones!), but none of it has Hammond stuff even close to the BK-9. The Hammond sim is possible the MOST improved section of the BK-9 over the G70. It's possible, if the G70's HB section were as good as the BK-9's, he wouldn't be asking this question in the first place.

All I'm doing is trying to be practical. But it's no skin off my nose no matter WHAT Mockie ends up doing. I hope he enjoys whatever he gets.

He MIGHT also want to take a look at the KeyB Expander, and MIDI it to his G70 or MIDI Accordion... Mind you, I am reading quite a bit about distribution and production problems for them. I hope those are sorted out by now (or less over in Ireland).

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online