SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#379654 - 12/28/13 10:11 AM Re: POST YOUR NEW TYROS 5 DEMOS/ REVIEWS HERE [Re: Dnj]
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Yes... and -if I may make a joke- this whole thing reminds me of that film with Dan Aykroyd and Eddie Murphy (Trading places) where Don Ameche and Ralph Bellamy were anxiously awaiting the predictions on the orange harvest to decide what to do in the stock market. grin

#379657 - 12/28/13 10:21 AM Re: POST YOUR NEW TYROS 5 DEMOS/ REVIEWS HERE [Re: billyhank]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: billyhank
Ian,

We will be watching for your comparison remarks.

Considering your past association with Yamaha, I expect to get a realistic comparison by you.

Bill G

Bill,

I'll be as unbiased as possible, and try my best not to play favorites with my own Tyros4.

I have to do a new OS upgrade install on the Tyros5-76 first, I believe, and load in my own styles, as my buddy uses mostly ones that I've edited, which is kind of flattering since Johnny used to be Glen Campbell's on road piano player...hence the Tyros5-76.

He still has and uses a Yamaha 9000Pro, but wants something that can handle the newer styles (mega-voice etc.)

I really enjoy watching him play, especially the old Country tunes.

I'll probably have a good bit of time with it, and hope to explore the Ensemble feature and the Organ section as I have another buddy looking to see if a Tyros5 will work in a Worship/Choir situation.

Ian

#379659 - 12/28/13 10:47 AM Re: POST YOUR NEW TYROS 5 DEMOS/ REVIEWS HERE [Re: ianmcnll]
billyhank Offline

Oh man, I wish i could be a fly on the wall while you two are at it.

My wife knew Glenn as a kid - he had it pretty rough back then, but he already had a great talent for the guitar.

Bill G

#379691 - 12/28/13 02:06 PM Re: POST YOUR NEW TYROS 5 DEMOS/ REVIEWS HERE [Re: kla4]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By: kla4

To be honest this forum is not the place for me (anymore) to put my reviews/experiences in, because the 'mine is better than yours culture' and Yammie slamming posts.

Perhaps if Yamaha people weren't 'mine is better than yours'-ing other brands, and slamming other brands as much as you feel Yamaha is getting slammed, you'd have a point.

#379730 - 12/29/13 12:51 AM Re: POST YOUR NEW TYROS 5 DEMOS/ REVIEWS HERE [Re: abacus]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus
The T5 has lost most of the previous Yamaha CD like (Smooth) sound, and replaced it with a more live band feel, and this may be the reason you think it sounds bright and harsh. (Live bands don’t have round edges)

Hope this helps

Bill

Well put bill if you have played the T5 live and not just listened You tube demos, I played one of about 30 mins and I would buy one, I will certainly guarantee one thing, they will probably sell more T5 than T4 that's the way it is, Yamaha are doing something right and you can't deny that, and they will sell more T5 than all the other manufactures put together. They make what people want, simple.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#379739 - 12/29/13 03:46 AM Re: POST YOUR NEW TYROS 5 DEMOS/ REVIEWS HERE [Re: Tony Hughes]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Originally Posted By: abacus
The T5 has lost most of the previous Yamaha CD like (Smooth) sound, and replaced it with a more live band feel, and this may be the reason you think it sounds bright and harsh. (Live bands don’t have round edges)

Hope this helps

Bill

Well put bill if you have played the T5 live and not just listened You tube demos, I played one of about 30 mins and I would buy one, I will certainly guarantee one thing, they will probably sell more T5 than T4 that's the way it is, Yamaha are doing something right and you can't deny that, and they will sell more T5 than all the other manufactures put together. They make what people want, simple.

Thats very true, Yamaha makes what people want... but sadly not what pro musicians want.. wink

Edited by Bachus (12/29/13 03:46 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#379745 - 12/29/13 04:23 AM Re: POST YOUR NEW TYROS 5 DEMOS/ REVIEWS HERE [Re: Bachus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Bachus

Thats very true, Yamaha makes what people want... but sadly not what pro musicians want.. wink

Not quite correct, but close...if you check around on the sites, there are quite a few pro musicians using Tyros2/3/4/5, including myself and several SZ members.

In fact, some pros and advanced players are using mid-line arrangers from various other brands as well as Yamaha.

Yes, Yamaha's sequencer and voice editing are not quite as extensive as some other brands, but many pros want something that not only sounds great out of the box, but has very strong factory and third party support.

Just because something is easy to use, and requires less fiddling with to make it sound great, doesn't automatically exclude it from being used by advanced and/or pro players.

The only area that Yamaha hadn't covered was the availability of a 76-note keyboard, and that has been corrected with the new Tyros5-76.

There was a time when professional players would turn their noses up at an arranger from any brand, but that has been changing quite a bit over the last decade or so.

Ian

#379748 - 12/29/13 06:03 AM Re: POST YOUR NEW TYROS 5 DEMOS/ REVIEWS HERE [Re: Dnj]
shim Offline

Loc: USA
Don't know if this was posted already or not, but regarding review of the tyros 5, I came across something that is recognizably improved from the s950.

And that is: Audio drums "fill-in". On the s950 if you did a fill-in on an audio drums style a little too early, or late; it would not play the fill in. Basically it would only play the fill-in if you hit it at exactly the right time. Anyone with a psr s950 knows what I mean.

Well, this problem is eliminated on the t5. You can hit the fill whenever you want and it will play normally like a regular style.
Thought i'd mention it.

#379753 - 12/29/13 07:07 AM Re: POST YOUR NEW TYROS 5 DEMOS/ REVIEWS HERE [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

What bothers me about Yamaha Tyros% etc is this:... how many people are interested in this Ensemble feature?.....or organ world? seems to me they could have utilized R&D features implemented in so many other ways to accommodate the players needs instead...or is targeting the old time wooden console organ players something to keep their pockets filled with profit.?

#379760 - 12/29/13 07:39 AM Re: POST YOUR NEW TYROS 5 DEMOS/ REVIEWS HERE [Re: Dnj]
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
..........."old time wooden console organ players"

Guilty as charged. -charley

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online