SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 20 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 19 20 >
Topic Options
#376657 - 11/28/13 01:49 PM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Diki

The price is not an issue, as they are all part of the organ range, and if you look at the Orla, Lowrey, Roland, Bohm organs etc. the Wersi are fully price competitive. (It’s a different market to the arranger market)
Wersi’s only true arranger is the Pegasus Wing which has all the easy play features, but more limited controls and features, thus the cost is considerably less than a TOTL Arranger from the Yamaha, Ketron etc.

As I have said many times I ditched organs/arrangers in the late 80s and went over to a full computer based system, (I started using Midi almost as soon as it had come out in the early 80s) and if Wersi (Or another manufacture) had not come out with an instrument that could have the software on-board I would still be using a fully computer based system. (Downsides are that you cannot have it in the lounge without complaints, whereas a Wersi you can have it in the lounge with no complaints)

Bill

#376679 - 11/28/13 08:18 PM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Ensnareyou]
dralion Offline

Originally Posted By: Ensnareyou
Most arranger players are merely hobbyists, beginners, or just do it for fun. Few people's playing skills, whether they call themselves pro's or not, is stellar and that's reality.

It is probably not difficult for an hobbyist having a $20,000 arranger and other expensive recording gears to make a good demo of the arranger's styles like this one made by Frankieve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_cw98ardXI

#376682 - 11/28/13 09:47 PM Re: The open arrangers [Re: dralion]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: dralion
Originally Posted By: Ensnareyou
Most arranger players are merely hobbyists, beginners, or just do it for fun. Few people's playing skills, whether they call themselves pro's or not, is stellar and that's reality.

It is probably not difficult for an hobbyist having a $20,000 arranger and other expensive recording gears to make a good demo of the arranger's styles like this one made by Frankieve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_cw98ardXI

If youare talking about $20.000 instruments from wersi..

They are not arrangers but Organs. There is a huge difference in price between a simple Arranger and a majestic organ..

The Wersi TOTL arranger is much cheeper then a tyros, an Audya or a pa3x, tough admittedly, its not an open arranger, but still a TOTL arranger.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#376737 - 11/29/13 12:41 PM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
What is an organ, but two manuals and some pedals? $15,000 MORE, just for that?

Give me a break!

Let us also not forget, you are on an ARRANGER forum. Go off to an organ forum if you want to argue about whether $20,000 is good value for one of those. In the arranger world, it is a very bad joke!

I also think you are being extremely optimistic that 10% of arranger users would appreciate and be able to utilize the full power of an OAS $20,000 'organ'. Me, I'd put it at well under 1%. And, TBH, it appears that not ONE of this 1% ever posts here. Just proud owners too shy about their skills to post anything that supports their arguments. I'm sorry, but if dropping $20,000 doesn't give you results you are willing to put up alongside the numerous user demos of Yamaha's, Korg's and Roland's (not to mention Ketron!), just exactly how good is it?

Maybe Synthzone can start a 'General Furniture Forum' for those that think $15,000 extra is worth it for something a hair less ugly than a T5? LOL

#376757 - 11/29/13 02:22 PM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Diki]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
What is an organ, but two manuals and some pedals? $15,000 MORE, just for that?

Give me a break!

Let us also not forget, you are on an ARRANGER forum. Go off to an organ forum if you want to argue about whether $20,000 is good value for one of those. In the arranger world, it is a very bad joke!

I also think you are being extremely optimistic that 10% of arranger users would appreciate and be able to utilize the full power of an OAS $20,000 'organ'. Me, I'd put it at well under 1%. And, TBH, it appears that not ONE of this 1% ever posts here. Just proud owners too shy about their skills to post anything that supports their arguments. I'm sorry, but if dropping $20,000 doesn't give you results you are willing to put up alongside the numerous user demos of Yamaha's, Korg's and Roland's (not to mention Ketron!), just exactly how good is it?

Maybe Synthzone can start a 'General Furniture Forum' for those that think $15,000 extra is worth it for something a hair less ugly than a T5? LOL

If you would have read all posts, you would have known why organs are so much more expensive to produce... I.e. Not being able to produce them at a factory line..

Sad thing however that it indeed is the same technollogy as in the much cheeper production line total arrangers. Same goes for top of the line digital pianos, same technollogy, and even for synth workstations..

#376830 - 11/30/13 01:04 PM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
Diki Offline

Don't see any reason this is a sad thing!

I'm pretty sure, you want some fancy furniture for your living room, buy a T5 or another TOTL arranger, a lower MIDI keyboard and a set of pedals, and then give $15,000 to a furniture maker. He'd be only TOO happy to make you something pretty!

#376969 - 12/02/13 12:43 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Adding VSTi to vArranger now smile

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#376973 - 12/02/13 01:53 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
I'll tell you something:

If the implementation of VSTi will be comprehensive and will cover as many as the options is possible (even centered it around one particular VSTi) this could really bring the new era in arranger world! It's not gonna be able to compete right immediately with TOTL arrangers, but it will come.

I see it like that at least - I wish a could have a software arranger that will play my favourite style with my favourite sounds!

So, keep up the good work!

Adi

#376998 - 12/02/13 01:15 PM Re: The open arrangers [Re: adimatis]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: adimatis
I'll tell you something:

If the implementation of VSTi will be comprehensive and will cover as many as the options is possible (even centered it around one particular VSTi) this could really bring the new era in arranger world! It's not gonna be able to compete right immediately with TOTL arrangers, but it will come.

I see it like that at least - I wish a could have a software arranger that will play my favourite style with my favourite sounds!

So, keep up the good work!

Adi
if they build an arranger around NI komplete 9, with an open interface to program your own styles, then it could work...

#377047 - 12/03/13 12:05 PM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
Diki Offline

Something I've never seen a discussion of, when it comes to VSTi use with an arranger is, how well do they implement the codes that arrangers use to 'bend' or 'snap' old notes to new ones when you play a chord a tiny fraction late...

Let me explain...

If you've ever looked at the MIDI event code of an arranger 'capture', you'll often see a lot of codes that turn on portamento to time=0, then make the original note a tiny, short one and replace it with the correct note, which the original gets bent, or 'snapped' to. In other words, if you are playing a G chord, then ask for a C chord just a TINY fraction of a beat late, on the 'one' of the beat or bar, the notes for that G chord will play, then a few ticks later the notes for the C chord will appear, BUT, there's no re-triggering of the note, so you don't really hear anything much, because it has been portamento'd with a time of zero to the new note, so the envelopes don't retrigger.

Now, those of you using VSTi's with arrangers... how well does it deal with this, or does it ignore all that kind of stuff and stutter around a bit?

There's a lot going on under the hood with arrangers to help it mitigate our less than perfect playing. But when you use VSTi's, do they do the same thing?

Page 9 of 20 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 19 20 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online