SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 19 20 >
Topic Options
#375989 - 11/22/13 05:56 AM The open arrangers
Bachus Offline

How are the smaller brands handling themselves that took it uppon them to build more open arranger systems?

Lionstracs quit producing musical instruments all together, they are now in the automotive switches buiseness.

Wersi went broke, and the new owners seem to be moving away from an open system to a more closed system.

And the bigger compagnies dont dare to approach the more open systems, and maybe they are right as 95% of the arranger players would not be able to handle them anyway.

If anyone ever tries an open system again, it should be aprofessional system with tagged on arranger function?

Or would putting a V- arranger in a keyboardbox with pc hardware and touchscreen work? I think it only works if they add a fully yamaha/korg/roland/audya compatible soundset. Including VST for instruments like SA2 and DNC.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#376004 - 11/22/13 07:04 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Now the Wersi name is under professional ownership (Music Store) they are starting to get the open system back on track, with the New Sonic having pretty much everything anybody could wish for, and in standard mode can still be used effectively by the OOTB (Easy Play) users out there, however switch to Expert mode and it effectively becomes a Workstation. (According to the details published so far all he sounds and styles for it have been done by professional musicians, programmers and style designers, which is something Wersi could never afford when it was on its own)
Full details here

As to whether the Sonic will filter down into just a keyboard (Which without its organ incumbents should theoretically be able to be produced for a similar price as a TOTL Arranger) is unknown at present, however I would be surprised if they didn’t. (Fingers crossed)

The Pegasus Wing was designed to compete with the Easy Play Arranger market, (Press a button and everything is done for you) which it does well (It’s also way cheaper than the TOTL Arrangers from Ketron, Yamaha etc.) and still retains the full upgradability of the OAS system. (If demand was proved there is no reason all the professional features couldn’t be added to it)

The current organ system (Introduced in 2000) is also still going with continual improvements. (Unlike the old days when features were added whether they were needed or not, Music Store makes sure the update gives a much improved experience)

Bill

#376008 - 11/22/13 07:28 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
Eventually, that is the future.

I don't know for instance how close vArranger is to be using complex VSTi sound modules, but as many other examples, the technology will lead us to using smaller and smaller devices, for more and more powerful applications. Everything goes software. Arrangers cannot be an exception, it's just that for now the big R&D departments seems to still prefer going the old verified route - maybe they actually try to get the most of it, before jumping to the future.

Fact is, the VSTi have developed to a level where 10 years ago not many believed they will. Progress I guess. It is a shame the arrangers wouldn't take advantage, but I realize it's a titanic task to actually write the code needed for this. Maybe not even possible for now... but it will come.

That will happen when big companies will take it on board. The small companies cannot really produce the change, I don't think. Unless their product ends up in Big companies portfolio.

#376012 - 11/22/13 07:45 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Wow! The Wersi Sonic is only £15,999.

A couple of decent gigs should cover that nicely...

Ian

#376013 - 11/22/13 07:46 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus
Now the Wersi name is under professional ownership (Music Store) they are starting to get the open system back on track, with the New Sonic having pretty much everything anybody could wish for, and in standard mode can still be used effectively by the OOTB (Easy Play) users out there, however switch to Expert mode and it effectively becomes a Workstation. (According to the details published so far all he sounds and styles for it have been done by professional musicians, programmers and style designers, which is something Wersi could never afford when it was on its own)
Full details here

As to whether the Sonic will filter down into just a keyboard (Which without its organ incumbents should theoretically be able to be produced for a similar price as a TOTL Arranger) is unknown at present, however I would be surprised if they didn’t. (Fingers crossed)

The Pegasus Wing was designed to compete with the Easy Play Arranger market, (Press a button and everything is done for you) which it does well (It’s also way cheaper than the TOTL Arrangers from Ketron, Yamaha etc.) and still retains the full upgradability of the OAS system. (If demand was proved there is no reason all the professional features couldn’t be added to it)

The current organ system (Introduced in 2000) is also still going with continual improvements. (Unlike the old days when features were added whether they were needed or not, Music Store makes sure the update gives a much improved experience)

Bill

I think there is definately a market for a new Abacus, as long as it gets the attachable 76 keyboard pro option and a big 18" touchscreen and full open VST support (instruments and effects) and upgradable hardware and an option to import user created styles for other keyboards

and some knobs to turn around and a few free assignable buttons (but thats my personal petpeeve)

#376014 - 11/22/13 07:48 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: ianmcnll]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

Ian

thats quite ignorant ian, both you and me know its a home organ not intended for gigging, and they must be compared to the roland attelier organs price range and not to arranger keyboards

and you failed to read that the Wersi TOTL arranger Pegasus Wings only costs half a Tyros 5.

#376015 - 11/22/13 08:00 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

#376023 - 11/22/13 08:17 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Bachus
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

Ian

thats quite ignorant ian, both you and me know its a home organ not intended for gigging, and they must be compared to the roland attelier organs price range and not to arranger keyboards

and you failed to read that the Wersi TOTL arranger Pegasus Wings only costs half a Tyros 5.

Not ignorant, Bachus, just sarcasm...the latter is so useful, because simply arguing with people isn't nearly as much fun. wink

What amazes me, is the lack of interest in these instruments (including the Pegasus) here on SZ.

The Wersi forum has all the excitement of "mother's day in an orphanage".

Ian

#376025 - 11/22/13 08:22 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
124 Offline

Just on a quick listen to a couple of mp3s on their site, the acoustic guitar's not to my liking - prefer any of the big three's over it. I thought it was almost like an electric piano in places. The realdrums were alright, though. This was on the Wing V2, which appears to be a hefty beast yet looks to be the most 'portable' of the range. They've priced it well enough, though.

Trouble is, though, I think if you turn up at a gig with a Wersi you're immediately labelled as a Klaus Wunderlich or a Reginald Dixon. That's the hole that Wersi has to dig themselves out of if they're to make any dent in the big boys' market. Unless I hear more mp3s covering styles that the big three demo in their promos, I remain unconvinced.

Gimme some tight funk to listen to and I'll have a better idea of what the V2 is about.

#376027 - 11/22/13 08:24 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Maybe if we had some decent demos, and even a place to SEE one, they might be of more interest. All the demos I recall seeing reminded me of a Lowery Genie.
Of course I never really searched for any. smile
DonM

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 19 20 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online