SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#378281 - 12/15/13 01:45 PM NEW Seaboard Grand Piano Concept wow!!
Dnj Offline

Edited by Dnj (12/15/13 01:46 PM)

#378289 - 12/15/13 02:01 PM Re: NEW Seaboard Grand Piano Concept wow!! [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
LOL...

Reinventing the wheel.

There's a reason innumerable changes to the basic keyboard design have come and gone over the years. Nothing works better, most have serious drawbacks to regular playing, and they all end up as gimmicks in the 'whatever happened to?' file.

Look at how the surface bunches up as you slide upwards on the keyboard... doubt that would last long if used regularly. Plus I can only imagine the RSD you would get trying to play anything other than this slow ambient BS.

#378300 - 12/15/13 05:28 PM Re: NEW Seaboard Grand Piano Concept wow!! [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

Diki you have to start somewhere, .....the Wright Bros did.. wink

#378317 - 12/15/13 08:34 PM Re: NEW Seaboard Grand Piano Concept wow!! [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

They didn't start with an already proven and far better way to fly already established!

#378332 - 12/16/13 12:06 AM Re: NEW Seaboard Grand Piano Concept wow!! [Re: Diki]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
They didn't start with an already proven and far better way to fly already established!

Jordan rudes has been playing something comparable but more advanced fot years now, its called the continuum..

They should improve the things players allready know instead of going all the way... Keys with a touchsensitive layer might be the next step in giving keyboarders more controll, but the with barely anyone using breathcontrollers, expression pedals, knobs, ribbon controllers and such..... I highly doubt most keyboardplayers want or need more controll over their sound

http://keyszone.boards.net

#378334 - 12/16/13 12:40 AM Re: NEW Seaboard Grand Piano Concept wow!! [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I think the major manufacturers have at least taken some steps in making many of the sounds more responsive just by playing technique, such as Roland's SuperNatural, Korg's DNC, and Yamaha's SA/SA2.

I believe a breath controller option would be pretty cool...I have an old Yamaha CS-01 mini mono analog synthesizer with that option, and it's literally a hoot to play. wink

There is a company that makes a MIDI connector box that could provide that feature... http://www.midisolutions.com/prodbth.htm , although the instrument's sounds need to be set up to respond to that data.

I have one of their units that allowed a pedal to do extra functions, but haven't needed it in years, so it's still packed away somewhere. It's very well made and quite rugged.

There are sevweral other types of connectors/boxes available for many purposes. http://www.midisolutions.com/products.htm

Ian

#378349 - 12/16/13 06:42 AM Re: NEW Seaboard Grand Piano Concept wow!! [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Ever heard of a stomp box? Every guitar player uses them. smile

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#378363 - 12/16/13 10:03 AM Re: NEW Seaboard Grand Piano Concept wow!! [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

#378382 - 12/16/13 02:04 PM Re: NEW Seaboard Grand Piano Concept wow!! [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

From the guy that won't even use a sustain pedal or anything much at his feet, and now he wants us to take something seriously that COMPLETELY throws away traditional keyboard technique? LOL

You need to make your mind up, Donny..!

#378401 - 12/16/13 06:03 PM Re: NEW Seaboard Grand Piano Concept wow!! [Re: Dnj]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia

________________________________________________________________________________

I remember there was an Aussie who created the moveable keyboard, where not only touch and after touch were available but of course pitch bend vibrato basically he same as the Seaboard.

What I love about it is the ability to not have to leave the keyboard to do pitch bends and vibrato's and so on. I wonder if the Aussie is connected with these people? I'm sure he had his system patented.

What I don't like about the Seaboard, as apposed to the Aussie original design is it's total abstain from the traditional looking keyboard, I suppose one could colour the keys?, and I do understand that some people would love its new design. Also along with another poster, I too wonder how long the pads will last?

But however, I do see this as the future of keyboards. Imagine no necessity to have pitch bend and vibrato wheels? Whoaaah!

Looking good for the future I say, will be watching to see who of the major manufacturers are game enough to go with it, with some minor design mods

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online