SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#378205 - 12/14/13 03:47 PM TYROS 5 + Air IGNITE- 275 NEW instruments for FREE
nbnserge Offline

Hi

I am very excited to present to you : the Tyros 5 + Ignite by AIR.

Initially it is for the Tyros 5 but the tutorial can be applied to all other keyboards or arrangers.

You can have a really good music composition software and 275 new instruments for FREE
or almost free :
Ignite is a software developped by AIR and cannot be purchased separately.
It is included, for free, with many products like the M-Audio Keystation 32 presented in the lesson 1 of the Computer Music Tutorial Serie for the Tyros 5.

It works also for other keyboards
IGNITE can be used from an external keyboard connected to the Tyros to play the melody part for example.
Or you can connect the laptop directly to the Tyros 5 and use 275 new voices of IGNITE directly on your TYROS 5 keyboard.
All you need is :

Your keyboard : Tyros 5
IGNITE to download from Air
A Laptop ou Desktop Computer

I made a short video showing you some examples played on the TYROS 5.
Other posts and videos will follow soon.

I am very pleased with the VERY HIGH QUALITY of the 275 voices in IGNITE
It is a very good music composition software as well, but more on this feature in the next tutorial.
All explanations and descriptions of this project will be detailed step by step in the Computer Music Tutorial serie on my web site.
It is a good solution for gig as well, as I will only need a laptop with my Tyros.

From now and as usual, IF you are interested to learn more,
you can find the complete article on my web site .
Link is below in my signature.

#378220 - 12/14/13 10:41 PM Re: TYROS 5 + Air IGNITE- 275 NEW instruments for FREE [Re: nbnserge]
chasbee Offline

Loc: Bristol UK.
I had a quick look at your video and it looks as if there is a problem with latency. Is this so?

#378223 - 12/15/13 01:52 AM Re: TYROS 5 + Air IGNITE- 275 NEW instruments for FREE [Re: nbnserge]
nbnserge Offline

Hi Chasbee

not that much...chasbee, but ...
I had a problem synchronizing video with the audio file
and another problem with my crappy laptop (too old).
It looks promising if I had a better computer with more powerful CPU and more RAM.
I have just done a voices test and I was surprised by the quality of Ignite voices.
I think I will do another test with styles left hand by Tyros 5 and Ignite voices on the right hand.

#378229 - 12/15/13 03:30 AM Re: TYROS 5 + Air IGNITE- 275 NEW instruments for FREE [Re: nbnserge]
Bachus Offline

The samples sounded shrill and harsh on my ears...

How does this work any different from any VST or hardware instrument you use by a midi connection from Tyros 5...
Does not look like the T5 actaully knows whats happening on the other side of the midi cable?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#378262 - 12/15/13 12:30 PM Re: TYROS 5 + Air IGNITE- 275 NEW instruments for FREE [Re: nbnserge]
TheWolf Offline

Loc: Finland

go away wíth your damn advertisements.

#378337 - 12/16/13 01:51 AM Re: TYROS 5 + Air IGNITE- 275 NEW instruments for FREE [Re: Bachus]
nbnserge Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
The samples sounded shrill and harsh on my ears...

How does this work any different from any VST or hardware instrument you use by a midi connection from Tyros 5...
Does not look like the T5 actaully knows whats happening on the other side of the midi cable?

Bachus

You are right, but please don't mind the average or bad audio quality. You can watch some more demos about IGNITE sounds samples, they are amazing for the price.
The purpose of the article is to describe what is technically possible to do and how.
I don't discuss if it is better or worse than another solution, I am just showing another way to get additional and different sounds.

I don't use the midi piloting hardware instruments in this "project" and I don't use VST.
I only use the USB connection
IGNITE has its own sound bank.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online