SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#378013 - 12/12/13 11:53 PM T5 much closer to the PA3X sound?
Bachus Offline

Maybe its my ears, but i think the new T5 sound went much closer to the old PA3X sound... the biggest improvement of the T5 is its effects section, which makes the instruments (even the old T4 instruments) sound much more naturall... Just listen to the strings and the saxes for example..

Since there is no direct comaprisson possible yet, i will use these 2 videos that both have been posted before.. listening them back to back made me realise this..

just wondering about your opinion...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#378021 - 12/13/13 03:01 AM Re: T5 much closer to the PA3X sound? [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
From the demos I have heard I agree entirely, however virtually all of this is down to the new DSP effect software that has been added to the T5, which really does put it way in front of a T4. (It should also force other manufactures to up their game as well which can only benefit all)

Bill

#378025 - 12/13/13 03:40 AM Re: T5 much closer to the PA3X sound? [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus
From the demos I have heard I agree entirely, however virtually all of this is down to the new DSP effect software that has been added to the T5, which really does put it way in front of a T4. (It should also force other manufactures to up their game as well which can only benefit all)

Bill

Yes, thats the main reason the new tyros sounds aren´t drowning in reverb anymore...

But some will say (and arguably they might be right) that this means that the PA3X´s succes forced Yamaha in this direction, the new sound and a 76 key option..

For me the choice between PA3x and T5 comes currently down to a choice between being in full controll(Korg) or having tools that make you sound better withouth all the effort(Yamaha)

#378052 - 12/13/13 08:44 AM Re: T5 much closer to the PA3X sound? [Re: Bachus]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
Good from Both I like sounds from Korg Piano , drawbar , strings, nylon , T4 sax , voices , trumpet but the new T5 make a big jump on Piano and drawbar and the other sound are even Better so I give the edge to Yamaha on T5 T 4 and Korg Even Draw. Ron

#378069 - 12/13/13 10:02 AM Re: T5 much closer to the PA3X sound? [Re: Bachus]
chony Offline

Loc: New York
A proper comparison needs to FOCUS on the rhythm section through a sound system. The T5 bass and drums are still comparatively muddy to the Pa3x's sharpness and spaciousness. That said, the T5 has better sound in almost every other area.

#378080 - 12/13/13 11:48 AM Re: T5 much closer to the PA3X sound? [Re: chony]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: chony
A proper comparison needs to FOCUS on the rhythm section through a sound system. The T5 bass and drums are still comparatively muddy to the Pa3x's sharpness and spaciousness. That said, the T5 has better sound in almost every other area.

I dont think that aplies to the new audio styles... And also most of the older styles are less muddy and not drowning intoo reverb anymore... Becuase the new effects section also influences the style tracks..

I would love to hear a good comparison over a splendid PA

Edited by Bachus (12/13/13 11:48 AM)

#378084 - 12/13/13 11:59 AM Re: T5 much closer to the PA3X sound? [Re: Bachus]
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
I'd like to hear a comparison between a T5 and a T4 that the owner took the time to remove most of the excessive reverb himself.

I think you would hear even LESS difference between the two..!

#378086 - 12/13/13 12:16 PM Re: T5 much closer to the PA3X sound? [Re: Bachus]
Hal2001 Offline

Loc: U.S.
If you're right Bachus, That would be good news IMHO, more realistic.

#378090 - 12/13/13 12:50 PM Re: T5 much closer to the PA3X sound? [Re: Diki]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
I'd like to hear a comparison between a T5 and a T4 that the owner took the time to remove most of the excessive reverb himself.

I think you would hear even LESS difference between the two..!

Offcourse... Because all the old samples and styles are from the T4.. There is just the new instruments, the audio styles and the new effects session thats different..

Forr those that dont know, everything that was in the T4 is still in the T5 , and the only difference is the effects that make the sounds of the T4 a bit better ( my opinion) ... Same goes for the styles... And then there is the new stuff that is only in T5

Edited by Bachus (12/13/13 12:54 PM)

#378098 - 12/13/13 03:44 PM Re: T5 much closer to the PA3X sound? [Re: Bachus]
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Overall, it may not be that the main reverbs have changed that much. It isn't the sound of the reverb, so much as how much is slathered on.

Most comments, and most of what I have heard about it hasn't been the same amount of reverb is used, just that it sounds better, it's that LESS overall is used.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online