SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#378207 - 12/14/13 03:56 PM Major bug on SSD Ajamsonic kit
frwiz Offline

Hi, it's been over a month that I've been trying the Ajamsonic SSD upgrade kit on my 76 note Audya. Overall, amazing sounds and styles variations but with one major bug a few minor bugs like some styles and voices not playing. The major bug is it freezes, meaning either it stops playing with no sound coming out or it will play the same note continually and become unresponsive. The only way is to reboot, but here is the problem, if your practicing home, no big deal but if you are with a live audience gigging, then it's a major problem. So far in over a month it has happened at least 6-8 times. Being an accordion player all my life, I always had doubts on electronic equipment and this being the main problem. With the accordion there is no such problem. It has been over 1 and a half years that I bought the Audya to complement my Accordion when gigging and still have not brought it to my gigging because I was not good enough. Learning chords with the left hand is hard when you are use to playing with buttons on an accordion. I have been practicing and getting better, so I was thinking that in a few months I would bring it along with my Accordion gigging. I'd like to know if somebody else is having the same problem and what can be done. The disappointment is that an SSD should be more reliable than a regular HD but in my case it is not. Before the upgrade within over an year, I think I rebooted once or twice. I hope AJ has an update to fix this. Thank You....Frank

#378321 - 12/15/13 08:43 PM Re: Major bug on SSD Ajamsonic kit [Re: frwiz]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
I doubt there would be a major bug(aj?). More than likely a prob with the drive or the data on it has been corrupted. This is the first i have heard of this prob which makes me think it's a localized prob. Maybe you need to reload all the files again, go with custom setup as save, as aj has advised previously, and see how you go

#378386 - 12/16/13 02:19 PM Re: Major bug on SSD Ajamsonic kit [Re: Robbo]
frwiz Offline

Hi, thanks for the response. You are right, there are about 10 files both in the Styles and the Voices sections which I can't access. It says " file is corrupted", so these files should be replaced and maybe these are causing system problems. My question is, how do I reload all the files with custom setup. I received the SSD with everything pre-loaded. I don't have spare files. Maybe I should contact AJ and see what can be done. Thanks....Frank

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online