SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#378138 - 12/13/13 11:33 PM Re: KORG PA3x Musikant Version Demo [Re: Dreamer]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Dreamer
I have loaded the Musikant styles/registrations into my PA3X without a problem (and I think that Don Mason did the same). The styles that give problems are usually the converted ones (especially from Yamaha or Ketron, because they lack important parts, like the SA voices or the audio tracks).

Andrea,I would guess you are correct. I haven't heard anyone else having problems using just the Korg styles. Still when you crash that first time, it stays in your memory for 17 lifetimes!

Originally Posted By: Dreamer
I like a lot what they did at Korg Germany, to the point that now I have two copies of a few styles or registrations because they have been tweaked in a clever way and sound different, so to me it's worth keeping both versions.

I don't even play my PA3x because the styles are so bad....cha-cha doesn't sound like a cha-cha, no Strauss waltz, polkas are for kids, etc. But, in all fairness I haven't tried any of the Korg download styles from the Korg site.

I have a few Musikant zip files I found somewhere that I haven't opened yet (because of the "crash" I had and because I'm not sure if they are 3rd party or pure Korg files). May I ask where you got a copy of the Musikant files that you're using? I know that with the PA3x versions, Korg allows them to be interchanged. Correct?

I'd love to get back to playing regular again if I can only get some decent styles to work with on this keyboard!

Mark

#378145 - 12/14/13 12:52 AM Re: KORG PA3x Musikant Version Demo [Re: Mark79100]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By: Mark79100

I don't even play my PA3x because the styles are so bad...

I have a few Musikant zip files I found somewhere that I haven't opened yet...

Not play the PA cause the PA styles are so bad??
Send your PA to me, I'll sure play it. I got the MicroArranger just to learn a bit about Korg and Korg OS to se if I should convert to PA3xPro.
Lot's of lovely styles, easy to just grab and play the board as is, but unfornately, Musikant styles are not compatible.

But is'nt the Musikant USB stick possible to buy from Korg and compatible to load into PA3 as is?
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#378153 - 12/14/13 04:37 AM Re: KORG PA3x Musikant Version Demo [Re: Mark79100]
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Originally Posted By: Mark79100
May I ask where you got a copy of the Musikant files that you're using? I know that with the PA3x versions, Korg allows them to be interchanged. Correct?

I'd love to get back to playing regular again if I can only get some decent styles to work with on this keyboard!

Mark

Mark,

here you will find all the styles you can wish for (you have to register first, but it's free).
And yes, the Musikant styles are perfectly interchangeable with the internal ones.

#378157 - 12/14/13 06:12 AM Re: KORG PA3x Musikant Version Demo [Re: Dreamer]
nbnserge Offline

Dreamer

May I ask you something : just your opinion about the keybed of the PA3x 76 version. Did you have any problem or trouble with it ? Or have you heard someone having such a problem ?

#378158 - 12/14/13 06:19 AM Re: KORG PA3x Musikant Version Demo [Re: nbnserge]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
FWIW ...I've D/L the Musikant styles into my Pa600 with no problem ...

#378159 - 12/14/13 06:38 AM Re: KORG PA3x Musikant Version Demo [Re: nbnserge]
Dreamer Offline

Originally Posted By: nbnserge
Dreamer

May I ask you something : just your opinion about the keybed of the PA3x 76 version. Did you have any problem or trouble with it ? Or have you heard someone having such a problem ?

Serge,

all I can say is that the keybed of the PA3X-76 is a dream come true: to me it's the best among the 76 notes keyboards I have played. I still have a Roland G-70, whose keybed is also highly praised, but I consider the PA3X-76 even better: it's a real joy to play and offers the perfect degree of resistance, at least to my fingers. And I can tell you one more thing: contrary to what some believe, it's not the same keybed as the PA2X-Pro, which I never really liked.
Maybe, when you write of problems, are thinking of the Kronos 73 (or 88), whose keybeds used to have defective contacts; that was a real problem, now apparently solved, even if many, just to be safe, buy the more expensive "X" version, that seems to work perfectly.

#378160 - 12/14/13 06:48 AM Re: KORG PA3x Musikant Version Demo [Re: Dreamer]
nbnserge Offline

Thanks Andrea

In fact I've heard a lot of contradictory things about Korg's keybed.
I have not played on the Pa3x 76 , but on the 61 keys and the pa900. I hesitate between the pa3x 76k and the pa900 61k...
Not the same things you may say laugh2

but I already have the T5 61k and would like to have a 76keys (Pa3x) but too much difference in price with the pa900 which shares the same sound engine !

I would like to be sure and make the right decision
thanks Andrea

PS : Andrea : the registration at CSS is not completely free

#378161 - 12/14/13 07:05 AM Re: KORG PA3x Musikant Version Demo [Re: nbnserge]
Dreamer Offline

Originally Posted By: nbnserge
Thanks Andrea

In fact I've heard a lot of contradictory things about Korg's keybed.
I have not played on the Pa3x 76 , but on the 61 keys and the pa900. I hesitate between the pa3x 76k and the pa900 61k...
Not the same things you may say laugh2

but I already have the T5 61k and would like to have a 76keys (Pa3x) but too much difference in price with the pa900 which shares the same sound engine !

I would like to be sure and make the right decision
thanks Andrea

PS : Andrea : the registration at CSS is not completely free

Serge,

you really should try the PA3X-76 before making a decision. I agree that the PA-900 seems to be a terrific value for the money but I have never played one so cannot comment. Anyway, these days you can find a PA3X-76 (used or ex demo) for about 2200-2400 euros, vs 1800 for a new PA-900.

I am sorry for the CSS registration problem: when I registered it used to be free, but in any case that site is a gold mine, so... it's really worth the admission fee.

#378163 - 12/14/13 07:23 AM Re: KORG PA3x Musikant Version Demo [Re: Dreamer]
nbnserge Offline

I will follow your advice Andrea, thanks a lot, if I have more specific questions about it, would you mind me asking you all the time ??? laugh
next week, I will go and try the Pa3x.

I was registered to CSS a long time ago too, I just want to say for future new members that there is really a little fee but worth it million times

See ya

Serge

Edited by nbnserge (12/14/13 07:23 AM)

#378165 - 12/14/13 08:02 AM Re: KORG PA3x Musikant Version Demo [Re: nbnserge]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Ahhh, so that's why my username and pass don't work at CCS anymore, have to pay a fee to get it work again.
I was not aware of that .... coffee
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online