SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#377807 - 12/11/13 04:26 AM Re: New Audya Styles Cooperation Ajamsonic-Sokratis [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
I think the bottom line about arranger players is, TBH, most of them don't really care too much about the band. Listen to the vast majority of user arranger demos, and you hear the backing utterly swamped by what the player is playing. So, all in all, I think the Audya is up against it, having a GREAT live backing sound, but RH voices that don't quite match up to the best of SA2 and the like.

That doesn't appear to be the priority of the majority of arranger users!

And yes... pretty much stumped thinking of any 'gospel' that sounds like this. 'Soul', yes, but gospel? Not really. Bit too busy, TBH, from the drummer. Maybe as a set ender or showstopper, but if you are planning on a whole bunch as busy as that, not really sure you know your target buyer that well... LOL

#377811 - 12/11/13 05:05 AM Re: New Audya Styles Cooperation Ajamsonic-Sokratis [Re: Diki]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Originally Posted By: Diki
I think the bottom line about arranger players is, TBH, most of them don't really care too much about the band. Listen to the vast majority of user arranger demos, and you hear the backing utterly swamped by what the player is playing. So, all in all, I think the Audya is up against it, having a GREAT live backing sound, but RH voices that don't quite match up to the best of SA2 and the like.

That doesn't appear to be the priority of the majority of arranger users!

And yes... pretty much stumped thinking of any 'gospel' that sounds like this. 'Soul', yes, but gospel? Not really. Bit too busy, TBH, from the drummer. Maybe as a set ender or showstopper, but if you are planning on a whole bunch as busy as that, not really sure you know your target buyer that well... LOL

My friend Diki.....
You are right....
However...
I am musician also, and I am used many thinks, and many different keys..However if I like a style, or a sound, I use it and I will put it in my life, but if I do not like something, I not use it, and not very interested who is the title or name.... If not I like anything, simply I do not use it.... smile
Thanks!

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (12/11/13 05:06 AM)

#377813 - 12/11/13 05:28 AM Re: New Audya Styles Cooperation Ajamsonic-Sokratis [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Sokratis,

will these new styles be available for sale to all Audya owners or just those who have installed the AJAMSONIC expansion?
Thanks

#377823 - 12/11/13 07:03 AM Re: New Audya Styles Cooperation Ajamsonic-Sokratis [Re: Kytrinh]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Kytrinh
Thank you Sokratis & AJ..
the simple fact that something which is 5 years old still today gets upgrades and refinements without costing an arm and a leg..

besides the GREAT sound this is a big advantage to Yamaha and other players who are sick of spending a fortune upgrading every year or so with a new model.......

#377825 - 12/11/13 07:09 AM Re: New Audya Styles Cooperation Ajamsonic-Sokratis [Re: Sokratis 1974]
124 Offline

I totally agree with Diki on the usual swamped mixes in arranger demos. That said, and I know that drums is the big feature on Audya, this Gospel/Soul demo overcooks it. Drums are a shade too forward in that mix, and snare 'ring' was just a tad overbearing. It's supposed to be a style, not a drum clinic.

#377828 - 12/11/13 07:23 AM Re: New Audya Styles Cooperation Ajamsonic-Sokratis [Re: Dreamer]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Originally Posted By: Dreamer
Sokratis,

will these new styles be available for sale to all Audya owners or just those who have installed the AJAMSONIC expansion?
Thanks

I dont know...I asked AJ about this....
He will answer when see your question, or when I have any news I will respond... Thank you!!

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (12/11/13 07:24 AM)

#377835 - 12/11/13 08:11 AM Re: New Audya Styles Cooperation Ajamsonic-Sokratis [Re: Dnj]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj

besides the GREAT sound this is a big advantage to Yamaha and other players who are sick of spending a fortune upgrading every year or so with a new model.......

I think you're right but Yamaha does have a huge library of styles in which most you can download for free so although not quite an upgrade, it still can keep things a little fresh. I didn't have anywhere near the amount of new styles for Korgs, GEMs and Ketrons I've owned in the past.

#377838 - 12/11/13 08:26 AM Re: New Audya Styles Cooperation Ajamsonic-Sokratis [Re: Sokratis 1974]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
And there is a huge resale market for korg and Yamaha keyboards so the initial investment is not completely lost . How easy is it to sell an audya .... But then I guess some would argue why would you ?

#377906 - 12/11/13 08:45 PM Re: New Audya Styles Cooperation Ajamsonic-Sokratis [Re: Henni]
Kytrinh Offline

Loc: Australia
Originally Posted By: Henni
Wow AJ,

Thank you so much for making the upgrade to version 3 free. I'm really looking forward to it. Thank you also Sokratis. You guys make for an awesome team indeed.

Please gents, make these demos downloadable & post mp3 files here. I would love to listen to & keep these on my Audya.

Kind regards,

Henni

KETRON_AUDYA_NEW_SOUL_GOSPEL_converted.mp3
KETRON_AUDYA_BAYON_DEMO_converted.mp3

#377909 - 12/11/13 09:51 PM Re: New Audya Styles Cooperation Ajamsonic-Sokratis [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Kytrinh Offline

Loc: Australia
sorry me bad..wrong attachments Henni.

Attachments
KETRON_AUDYA_BAYON_DEMO_converted.mp3 (44 downloads)
KETRON_AUDYA_NEW_SOUL_GOSPEL_converted(1).mp3 (41 downloads)

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online