SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#377220 - 12/06/13 02:52 AM So is the Tyros 5 all glamour?
Bachus Offline

Seems at PSR tutorial many people are unhappy, as you can not edit your own sounds anymore on the keyboard, seems Yamaha promissed some PC software for sound edditing, but none got a clue when it releases..

Also the loading of new packages sounds and styles seems only possible from PC, there is an expansion manager software from yamaha that allows you to upload expansions from your PC (no MAC as of yet) and even create your own expansion packs.
But it seems the same software package is required to load 3rd party packs and sounds intoo the flahs memory, on top of that it does not support some of the standard files that T4 did. The 3rd party packs and sounds get tested by the expansion manager on compatabillity (which is a great thing to do for improved stabillity) but sadly for some people more then half their T4 repertoire cant be used anymore..

Seems Yamaha is turning more and more to PC as a support mechanic for Tyros..

So far people are less then happy with these changes as it does not work as well as intended and their workflow gets changed. We will have to see how things work out.. Does not seem that early addapting to a Tyros 5 will be the smartest thing to do for people that rely on it for their live performances. We will have to see how fast yamaha can improve the software and come up witrh the packages people need..

not that its all bad, maybe the sound editor will allow the Tyros to work as a VST host/ client... But then, still it will be horrible not to change sounds on the arranger itselves for most people..

or maybe my understanding of Tyros indepth technollogy is not deep enough, so i misunderstood most of it...

Expansion manager topic over at PSR tutorial
Expansion manager discussion 2

http://keyszone.boards.net

#377229 - 12/06/13 05:55 AM Re: So is the Tyros 5 all glamour? [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Yamaha will sell hundreds of thousands T5 units no matter what. Same goes for T6 when it comes out in a couple of years.
Personally I'm looking forward to the next S series unit.

#377233 - 12/06/13 06:55 AM Re: So is the Tyros 5 all glamour? [Re: Bachus]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
OMB guys are not the people who these arranger makers are shooting for. It's always the general public, the tech geeks and such. Us OMB guys aren't a drop in the bucket of their overall income. We're just extra money that they pick up. IMEHO

#377239 - 12/06/13 07:54 AM Re: So is the Tyros 5 all glamour? [Re: Bachus]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Bachus,
I owned both a Tyros 3, a Tyros 4 and now have a Tyros 5 on order. On none of these keyboards have I ever messed with sounds or cared if it was possible or not. No one in the US has one yet and only a few have been to the stores that do have them in stock and ALL of those people have posted nothing but praise for the keyboard. I don't know if I will like mine or not but one thing for sure, until I get my hands on one I won't be posting my opinion about it like so many others are doing. My thinking is if someone just has to edit sounds they should be looking at a true workstation - not an arranger. Yamaha did a survey about 2 years back about features of importance to arranger owners - guess that is why it has turned out the way it is.

Deane

#377241 - 12/06/13 07:58 AM Re: So is the Tyros 5 all glamour? [Re: Bachus]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Deane, I'll bet you wish you had that baby now, so you could sit inside out of the snow and sleet and deprive yourself of any sleep at all!

#377242 - 12/06/13 07:59 AM Re: So is the Tyros 5 all glamour? [Re: hammer]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: hammer
Bachus,
I owned both a Tyros 3, a Tyros 4 and now have a Tyros 5 on order. On none of these keyboards have I ever messed with sounds or cared if it was possible or not. No one in the US has one yet and only a few have been to the stores that do have them in stock and ALL of those people have posted nothing but praise for the keyboard. I don't know if I will like mine or not but one thing for sure, until I get my hands on one I won't be posting my opinion about it like so many others are doing.

Deane

Ditto on messing with sounds.

All I know is I didn't expect to be overly impressed when I went to Frankiev's to demo. I was wrong, same thing happened with the Pa3x ya gotta play one yourself to make a fair judgement call.

#377244 - 12/06/13 08:04 AM Re: So is the Tyros 5 all glamour? [Re: hammer]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: hammer
Bachus,
I owned both a Tyros 3, a Tyros 4 and now have a Tyros 5 on order. On none of these keyboards have I ever messed with sounds or cared if it was possible or not. No one in the US has one yet and only a few have been to the stores that do have them in stock and ALL of those people have posted nothing but praise for the keyboard. I don't know if I will like mine or not but one thing for sure, until I get my hands on one I won't be posting my opinion about it like so many others are doing. My thinking is if someone just has to edit sounds they should be looking at a true workstation - not an arranger. Yamaha did a survey about 2 years back about features of importance to arranger owners - guess that is why it has turned out the way it is.

Deane

Overhere people have theirs now for about a week or two, and are allready exploring them... Thats where the comments in the links come from.

Me, i am still undecided, wayting to get a good chance to testride one for langer then half an hour before i make a desigen. And in the main time gathering as much opinions and information as possible..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#377245 - 12/06/13 08:08 AM Re: So is the Tyros 5 all glamour? [Re: Stephenm52]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
I also do not mess with sounds unless I change effect or eq a bit all in all i want a turn key keyboard this is why we pay the big bucks for not to rebuild it after buying it.

#377260 - 12/06/13 08:56 AM Re: So is the Tyros 5 all glamour? [Re: Bachus]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Yep,
We are Iced in for a day or two - not as bad as up north though. Folks around here go nuts when just the word "ice" is mentioned on the news. Really can't go anyplace though - drivers around here are nuts and the city folks really don't do a good job of getting roads ready for drivers.

Deane

#377261 - 12/06/13 09:01 AM Re: So is the Tyros 5 all glamour? [Re: Bachus]
124 Offline

Never had a Yamaha, always Korg, but I don't do a bunch of tweaking which, on Korg, is pretty limitless. That said, I don't think I'd enjoy a keyboard that didn't allow, or made difficult, the ability to change things. Obviously, I can't comment on Yamaha, or any other brand, but I'm just happy to know I can change anything in my board, if I should so desire.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online