SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#377091 - 12/03/13 11:43 PM BIG Telecaster guitar sound on RUNAWAY tyros5 demo
nbnserge Offline

Exact Voices & Style settings RUNAWAY tyros 5 demo

To get the BIG Telecaster guitar sound !
but you have to practice all night long like me because we don't have Michel's fingers to play like him!

Enjoy

The exact VOICES & STYLE settings used in RUNAWAY demo (M. Voncken) for TYROS 5

To watch again the RUNAWAY demo

All the latest posts

#377218 - 12/06/13 02:08 AM Re: BIG Telecaster guitar sound on RUNAWAY tyros5 demo [Re: nbnserge]
Nigel Online   wise
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Wow that is a great Telecaster sound. I am a guitar player but just listening to this I wouldn't have realized it wasn't actually a guitarist playing a Telecaster. Thumbs up from me.

#377224 - 12/06/13 03:59 AM Re: BIG Telecaster guitar sound on RUNAWAY tyros5 demo [Re: nbnserge]
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Yes Nigel,
I agree that the sound is great, but it was already present in the Tyros 4; I remember Martin Harris saying in a demo that they had sampled a vintage Telecaster from the Fifties (I wonder how much it would sell for...maybe the equivalent of ten Tyros 5) and they did a great job, no question about it. With the Tyros 4 Harris used this same sound to do a mean version of "Lay down Sally".

#377227 - 12/06/13 04:55 AM Re: BIG Telecaster guitar sound on RUNAWAY tyros5 demo [Re: Dreamer]
Dreamer Offline

For a comparison with the real thing, here is a clip from a duo that made the Telecaster sound famous (actually it was more Jim Messina who did...)

#377228 - 12/06/13 05:00 AM Re: BIG Telecaster guitar sound on RUNAWAY tyros5 demo [Re: Dreamer]
Dreamer Offline

Here is another one:

#377246 - 12/06/13 08:09 AM Re: BIG Telecaster guitar sound on RUNAWAY tyros5 demo [Re: nbnserge]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I play Lay Down Sally just about every night, mainly because the style fits so well. It is just as good on PA3x as it was on S950, but the SA sound makes it easier to some of the signature licks.
My friend James Burton had a little to do with making the Tele sound famous too!

#377344 - 12/07/13 01:49 AM Re: BIG Telecaster guitar sound on RUNAWAY tyros5 demo [Re: DonM]
Dreamer Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
I play Lay Down Sally just about every night, mainly because the style fits so well. It is just as good on PA3x as it was on S950, but the SA sound makes it easier to some of the signature licks.
My friend James Burton had a little to do with making the Tele sound famous too!

Yes, I was thinking of Burton as well, but in the videos I found on YouTube his Telecaster has a different, more bell-like sound, maybe because the pickups don't look like Fenders (and he added a third one in the middle):

Don, since you mentioned the S950, do you (or anyone else) know if it has the same Tele sample?

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online