SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#376932 - 12/01/13 04:53 PM Christmas Song Let It Snow ! Rico :)
KeyBTyros Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi My Friends Maby Early But before you know it its over again
And i love Christmas Songs smile
I Hope You Like It !

Greetz Rico wave

#376933 - 12/01/13 05:19 PM Re: Christmas Song Let It Snow ! Rico :) [Re: KeyBTyros]
Dnj Offline

When I first opened it I sad to myself YEAH Finally..he's gonna "sing and play" a Christmas song!! Although as always a great vocal on a classic tune I was a bit
"karaokely disappointed" as I know you could of played the heck out of this tune also, maybe next time........

Happy Holidays!!

Edited by Dnj (12/01/13 05:22 PM)

#376939 - 12/01/13 06:32 PM Re: Christmas Song Let It Snow ! Rico :) [Re: KeyBTyros]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Rico, I really enjoyed hearing all of the right chord changes. It was a pleasure. Thank you,
Boo

#376941 - 12/01/13 06:33 PM Re: Christmas Song Let It Snow ! Rico :) [Re: KeyBTyros]
zuki Offline

What song?

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#376952 - 12/01/13 07:04 PM Re: Christmas Song Let It Snow ! Rico :) [Re: Dnj]
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By: Dnj
When I first opened it I sad to myself YEAH Finally..he's gonna "sing and play" a Christmas song!! Although as always a great vocal on a classic tune I was a bit
"karaokely disappointed" as I know you could of played the heck out of this tune also, maybe next time........

Happy Holidays!!

If you think YOU are "karaokely disappointed" when HE uses tracks, imagine how your audience feels!

#376955 - 12/01/13 07:15 PM Re: Christmas Song Let It Snow ! Rico :) [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki

Happy Holidays!!

If you think YOU are "karaokely disappointed" when HE uses tracks, imagine how your audience feels!

after 45+ years on stage I Know how they feel....
something must be right wink cool2 Im very confident in my abilities as a musician.

#376987 - 12/02/13 09:40 AM Re: Christmas Song Let It Snow ! Rico :) [Re: KeyBTyros]
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Maybe I should have said 'our' rather than 'your' audience, Donny. Sorry. It wasn't a dig at you personally, just a comment on how, deep down inside, most of us when we hear a 'karaoke' performance would FAR prefer to hear something actually played, and our audiences, although happy enough to hear us, have probably got that little voice going off inside them too...

#376988 - 12/02/13 10:42 AM Re: Christmas Song Let It Snow ! Rico :) [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
Maybe I should have said 'our' rather than 'your' audience, Donny. Sorry. It wasn't a dig at you personally, just a comment on how, deep down inside, most of us when we hear a 'karaoke' performance would FAR prefer to hear something actually played, and our audiences, although happy enough to hear us, have probably got that little voice going off inside them too...
Singing to backup tracks is fine by me, although I would prefer to have those backing tracks created by the person singing the song vs a commercial karaoke track. Playing live most of the time as a OMB is fine with Styles alone for lets say 1hr NH gigs, but for bigger 4hr dance venues after a while you have to infuse more, whether it's singing with Mp3s, SMF's, or some other form of media to diversify and keep the crowd & dancers happy all night long. All the tools are out there to be used in whatever way it works for you....there are no rules. Enjoy! cool2

#376992 - 12/02/13 11:35 AM Re: Christmas Song Let It Snow ! Rico :) [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Rico ... nice vocal, and your videos are always entertaining ...
singer clap

#376993 - 12/02/13 12:05 PM Re: Christmas Song Let It Snow ! Rico :) [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada

All the tools are out there to be used in whatever way it works for you....there are no rules. Enjoy! cool2

As old John Wayne is supposed to have said, "A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do."

Donny, there is only one rule: There are no rules.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online