From another forum........:
"I was lucky and found a Tyros 5 76 for sale last weekend and got a few hundred off the price, very pleased.
I have owned Tyros 2,3 and two 4's, the 5 is significantly better and like most others have stated the youtube clips do not do it justice, it is very long and surprisingly heavy for a Tyros, the speakers are superb, I have a set of Yamaha monitors and use these at the same time as the 05 speakers (quick tip, enable aux 3&4 and audio is sent to both main and aux 3&4), however I am not that keen on the new wiring loom.
Voices - I have always had a love hate relationship with Tyros voices, please to say majority are excellent, Pianos still sound weak but better than previous models, an area that is hardly ever mentioned is the synth voices, I have always found these poor, however maybe its the extra octave but I really like them, pads are big, leads varied and cut through, I will not mention other sounds as they have been well covered, the 5 is a great songwriters tool.
Style's - Again mostly excellent, the new additions feel more organic, it can be a bit confusing trying to locate a particular style, this will improve when the new updated music finder is released, now due 1st week of December.
Minor issues - Style variation 1 feels a bit robotic, the bass line feels very basic (unless there is a new setting that I have missed), lower chord fingering seems to be a little strange, I am having to lift my left hand completely off the keys to ensure next chord is played, even the very lightest touch will hold previous chord (I will play with settings and I am sure I will find a solution), Mic section - as has been previously stated the reverb has been toned down on the voices, its been added to the default effect of the mic (easily modified) you now get to sing in a canyon....
To sum up, I am very very pleased with the Tyros 5 and speakers, I have many keyboards inc Kronos, Jupiter 80, BK9 and others and this is on a par with the best and better than some, finally the cheapest in the UK I was offered (although not in stock, next batch due 10th Dec) was 76 speakers £3750, I wont mention names as unsure of forum rules regarding advertising."