SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#376597 - 11/28/13 08:01 AM Countryman E6 mic...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
As much as I love the freedom my Crown CM311A provides, I've never really liked the way it looks. So, on three, different occasions I've tried the Countryman E6 supercardiod mic. It's lightweight and nearly invisible, but I've never been able to get high quality vocals using the mic. To ME, the vocals always sounded thin, and feedback was always a problem. I just received a video from a friend today, and the entire ensemble of singers were all wearing them - they sounded great. Any tips from you E6 users out there to improve the sound would be much appreciated.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#376601 - 11/28/13 08:21 AM Re: Countryman E6 mic... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

#376603 - 11/28/13 08:36 AM Re: Countryman E6 mic... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Donny, both of those are omni-directional condenser mics, which are specifically set up for speaking, lecturers, etc... They don't seem to work well with singers, at least that's been my experience with them. And, when you look at the specs, they pretty much tell you that is the case. When I had the E6, and had horrendous feedback problems, I called their tech support and they told me the E6, even the super cardiod mic, was not really intended for solo singers. They said it was better suited for choir members and female vocalists. And, therein lies the problem. Seems like the headset mics with the larger footprint are better suited for male vocalist.

Gary cool

#376604 - 11/28/13 08:41 AM Re: Countryman E6 mic... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Gary personally I hate headset mics for performing on stage,.... but some like to use them and that's fine.....it's just not my cup of tea,...if the countryman E6 doesn't work for you move on to another one until you find what suits your needs there are a few good ones on the market.

#376606 - 11/28/13 08:49 AM Re: Countryman E6 mic... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

I know you don't like them, Donny, but for me they've been the best things since sliced bread. I'm still using the Crown CM311A, which is the same mic used by Madonna, Garth Brooks and several other country singers. The sound quality is excellent by all standards, it's the large footprint that I don't like.

Gary cool

#376613 - 11/28/13 09:09 AM Re: Countryman E6 mic... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
I know you don't like them, Donny, but for me they've been the best things since sliced bread. I'm still using the Crown CM311A, which is the same mic used by Madonna, Garth Brooks and several other country singers. The sound quality is excellent by all standards, it's the large footprint that I don't like.

Gary cool

well then you'll have to demo some of the TOTL headset Mics till you find what works ...good luck in your search buddy...keep us posted..

#376621 - 11/28/13 10:24 AM Re: Countryman E6 mic... [Re: travlin'easy]
124 Offline

I'd think that if the ilkes of Madonna and Garth Brooks are using the Crown, then there's probably not much better out there, footprint notwithstanding. Given their teams of pro engineers and virtually limitless budgets, if there were a better, smaller option, then those guys would already be using it.

#376648 - 11/28/13 01:14 PM Re: Countryman E6 mic... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

124, I think you're probably right about that.

Gary cool

#376651 - 11/28/13 01:19 PM Re: Countryman E6 mic... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
124, I think you're probably right about that.

Gary cool

http://en-us.sennheiser.com/wireless-ear-worn-microphone-headmic-headset-live-ear-set-1

#376653 - 11/28/13 01:20 PM Re: Countryman E6 mic... [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I see Garth once in a while. Don't get me wrong, we're not buddies or anything, but he lives near my son and I have run into him and/or Trisha on quite a few occasions. If the opportunity presents itself, I'll ask him what he really thinks about it. They are both great to talk to, just ordinary folks who happen to be extremely talented, and rich. smile

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online