SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#376213 - 11/23/13 06:19 PM Re: Genuine Tyros 5 Home Video [Re: Diki]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
But the birthdate of most of the inmates is getting more and more modern..!

I just feel that it's time to put the 30's and 40's material to bed, especially when it comes to PROMOTING arranger sales.

I'm in my early 40's and as a music lover I appreciate almost all kinds of music, even the music that you've been describing and what the demo's have shown.

However, my primary genre is ambient / chillout, that's the area I play most of my music. I play covers using this type of sound. I was really happy that Yamaha started to develop this genre of music on the T4 however I was really disappointed to see that Yamaha have not taken this further or even added a single style for this section of music, that was the main reason why I waited before I decided to upgrade from the T3 to either T4 or T5. I chose the T4 as the T5 offered me nothing in this area. So yes I agree that maybe for the slightly younger guys like myself I would *prefer* if companies started to develop this area which is where I think would get a lot of younger players more interested in arrangers.

Edited by DannyUK (11/23/13 06:30 PM)

#376214 - 11/23/13 06:20 PM Re: Genuine Tyros 5 Home Video [Re: abacus]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Primarily, I'm referring to how these things are marketed, not at anybody in particulars' set list.

But even 50's music is becoming something that only a tiny handful in our audiences can even remember from their youth. I certainly don't remember any music from the 50's, it's about the early 60's and onwards that was the music of my childhood and youth. Sure wasn't any big band!

Now, don't get me wrong, I've not only listened to much big band muusic, but some of my first pro gigs (as a young teenager) were playing in bigbands on t'bone. But it wasn't the music from MY generation (talkin' 'bout my generation!). That was the Beatles, The Who, The Stones, Motown, Stax...

I honestly think, if THAT is the music that dominates arranger factory demos (and onwards to the 70's and 80's), you are going to see an upwelling in use.

#376216 - 11/23/13 06:23 PM Re: Genuine Tyros 5 Home Video [Re: abacus]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Danny... you really need to take a look at the BK-9. Not only does it sound pretty contemporary OOTB (drums and synths are to die for, as usual for a Roland), but the synced audio loop thing puts it square into modern WS/VSTi/loop territory.

Perfect for chillout and ambient, where the absence of loops makes most arrangers not really suitable for the job.

#376219 - 11/23/13 06:33 PM Re: Genuine Tyros 5 Home Video [Re: Diki]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
Danny... you really need to take a look at the BK-9. Not only does it sound pretty contemporary OOTB (drums and synths are to die for, as usual for a Roland), but the synced audio loop thing puts it square into modern WS/VSTi/loop territory.

Perfect for chillout and ambient, where the absence of loops makes most arrangers not really suitable for the job.

Thanks Diki, I will try to find out more about the BK-9, never really looked into keyboard before.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online