SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#376060 - 11/22/13 01:35 PM Tyros 5's 40 styles that Utilize Audio Drum Loops!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
The 40 Tyros5 Styles which incorporate live professionally performed Audio Drum Loops (+audio).
A special thanks to Eileen Lowrey (Essex, England) for not only providing me this listing but demonstrating them live to me (on Skype Video) as well. cool

Pop/Rock (10):
Canadian Rock
Brit Rock Pop
80's Rock Anthem
Brit Rock Anthem
US Rock Shuffle
Funk Pop Rock
Cool 8 Beat
West Coast Pop
80's Shuffle
60's Guitar Rock

Ballads (3):
Brit Pop Diva
R&B Soul Ballad
6-8 Pop Ballad

Dance (5):
Big Room
Hard Club
US Club Dance
Club Riddin
Retro Disco House

Swing/Jazz (3):
Big Band Jazz
Club Cool Jazz Club
Uptempo Swing

Rhythm/Blues (4):
Acoustic Blues
Blues Shuffle
50's Rock&Roll
R&B Pop Diva

Country (2):
New Bluegrass
Easy Country 1

Latin (7):
Cool Bossa
Pop ChaCha
Spanish Rhumba
Pop Flamencos
Tango Flamencos
Sheriff Reggae
Bomba 1

Movie & Show (1):
Tap Dance Swing

Entertainer (4):
Rock Schlager 1
Rock Schlager 2
Rose Disco
Swing Schlager

World (1):
Celtic Dance 3/4

Scott cool

#376065 - 11/22/13 02:06 PM Re: Tyros 5's 40 styles that Utilize Audio Drum Loops! [Re: Scottyee]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Thanks

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#376066 - 11/22/13 02:08 PM Re: Tyros 5's 40 styles that Utilize Audio Drum Loops! [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Thank you kindly, Scott. Eileen is the best!

When is your Tyros5-61 to be delivered?

Ian

#376079 - 11/22/13 04:33 PM Re: Tyros 5's 40 styles that Utilize Audio Drum Loops! [Re: ianmcnll]
DannyUK Offline

Hi Scott,

This is an excellent post of yours, thank you so much, I was really wondering what audio styles the T5 featured and if any were taken from the S950, seems like there hasn't been any that I can see.

It's a nice mix but if I had bought a T5 I would have been slightly disappointed with the lack of new ballad styles in the audio section, the S950 is even worse with only two and they're quite average.

If the T5 featured an option where all the internal styles had had audio drums (even styles taken from previous Tyros models) I may have considered a T5 but for what I play (mainly ballads, soft, chillout music) the T5 unfortunately hasn't progressed any further than the T4 in this department alone which was what I was really looking forward to! Maybe in T6 they'll create some nice chillout/ambient styles.

#376082 - 11/22/13 04:53 PM Re: Tyros 5's 40 styles that Utilize Audio Drum Loops! [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

I am still not thrilled with these Audio styles,... I use maybe two sparingly on my S-950,....they just don't cut it sound wise Imo. frown Curious to hear the T5 audio styles, headphone ...maybe they have been redone better. confused1

Edited by Dnj (11/22/13 04:55 PM)

#376084 - 11/22/13 05:32 PM Re: Tyros 5's 40 styles that Utilize Audio Drum Loops! [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
So far I've liked what Audio Drum based styles I've heard on the Tyros5, and I thought the S950's styles sounded great as well.

My only beef with them is that they aren't recorded on the midi recorder, but only on the audio recorder.

I think the Tyros5 is brilliant, but I also think my Tyros4 is as well. Now, if I had perhaps a Tyros1/2, or a PSR-3000/S900/S910, I would seriously consider a Tyros5. Or, if I had a Tyros3/4 and wished that they had 76 keys, well, then a Tyros5-76 would make perfect sense, and I could use my past style collection in the new one.

This is in no way trying to minimize the joy and excitement of those getting a Tyros5...I know that feeling quite well, as that's how I felt getting my Tyros4, and I am very happy for those people.

Donny, I can't see you getting a Tyros5, when a much less expensive arranger does pretty well everything you want and need...but I could be wrong. Other than the Music Finder frustration, what else would you want that the S950 does not have?

Ian

#376097 - 11/22/13 08:14 PM Re: Tyros 5's 40 styles that Utilize Audio Drum Loops! [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

Again Ian .....I am so used to the S950,.....the MFD as I stated many times needs a TOTAL redesign......It doesn't exist on my stage & will never use it until it's changed,,...for starters it needs to be BIGGER in display area size at least 8-10" & incorporate saving full registration setup to include transpose, mp3, smf, playlist & to show all 4 multi pad assignments on screen, so you don't have to guess what they are confused1 .. And the ability to tilt up. It also desperately needs indented handles on each side to grip it. But these are my personal concerns & use workarounds for my needs...otherwise an awesome arranger for gigging for sure....Love it!

Edited by Dnj (11/22/13 08:17 PM)

#376120 - 11/23/13 08:08 AM Re: Tyros 5's 40 styles that Utilize Audio Drum Loops! [Re: Scottyee]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I'm assuming, and I believe it's an accurate assumption, that the T5 will be just as heavy and bulky as the T2, thereby making it somewhat difficult to load and offload. Not for this old codger. As for the MFD, I use it every day without a problem. The lackk of ability to save transpose information doesn't bother me at all. I merely place that information in the song title. For example "A Fool (F)Such As I" is a song I perform in the key of "F", thus the (F) in the title. Problem solved. Yes, I also use registrations, which stores a multitude of various functions, volume settings, vocal and pedal information, transposition, style, tempo, right hand voice, and more. However, instead of having mic settings and pedal settings in each registration, because that rarely changes, I save those settings in a special registration in a Setup file, one that is activated immediately after startup, then all subsequent registrations do not have those features activated - the settings remain constant using this method.

I know that Donny and a handful of others do not use the MFD for various reasons, but for me it's a fantastic tool that is often underutilized by pro players. By using the combination of MFD and registratrations you can have songs set up in advance, thereby decreasing dead time between songs to a second or less if you wish.

For home players, the MFD has always been considered a great feature. A corrected version is posted on the PSR Tutorial site that can be downloaded and quickly installed via USB. Additionally, I and several other members have posted custom versions with our favorite songs that we use regularly on the job. I also posted the engtire contents of my USB drive of my S-950, which contains all my registrations, midi files, MFD and MFD third party styles that are directly linked to the MFD. It's just a matter of downloading the USB drive contents and plugging it into any S-950 and you're ready to go - it's that easy. To date, there has been more than 1000 downloads during the past two months.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#376124 - 11/23/13 08:47 AM Re: Tyros 5's 40 styles that Utilize Audio Drum Loops! [Re: travlin'easy]
Marcus Offline

Loc: Canada
Another important point to remember that you are not limited to just 40 Audio Styles on the Tyros 5. I look at it more like 40 Audio Style Parts to work with to create hundreds of Custom or Hybrid type styles to your liking with the Assembly and other modifications in a Style Creator. The borrowed style parts must be musically suitable and same time signature.

A new Audio style can be created with suitable borrowed parts of any of the Tyros 5 styles and thousands you can import as long as you start with the Audio Style and Audio Part you want in Style Creator. I can also import all the Custom Drum kits created on my Tyros 4 to the Tyros 5 and mix up or reassemble drum parts as well.

In addition when you Synch/Start a suitable style or one reassembled and modified to your liking with Synch/Start midi song you can actually use a suitable style Audio part to replace the drum track or others in your midi song opening up even more creative possibilities. Add Audio Multipads, and the realistic SA/SA2 voices you have quite an arranger that will fit certain demanding players needs.

I am not only looking forward to the new Audio styles and new ones through expansion packs, but to rework all my style collection and midi song collection with all the new Mega, SA voices etc. The possibilities are quite endless and my new Tyros 5-61 actually was cheaper than a brand new Tyros 4.

Marcus

#376181 - 11/23/13 04:16 PM Re: Tyros 5's 40 styles that Utilize Audio Drum Loops! [Re: Scottyee]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
One thing the Audya does is that many of the audio drum parts were recorded with the same drum kit, in the same room. This makes disassembly and reassembly into other styles fairly coherent.

But most of what I've heard of the Yamaha audio styles sounds pretty different from style to style. Although you may be able to use them to put other styles together, unless you use the entire drum Part from one style for another, I think you may well have the odd effect of one Variation on one kit in one room, and other Variations having a totally different kit, in a different ambient space.

One more reason why I feel that drum KITS, not audio drums, is the way forward.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online