SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 19 20 >
Topic Options
#376033 - 11/22/13 08:55 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Well, I have asked two SZ members who are owners, and they seem a bit reluctant to post anything here...I've even asked if they could send it to me privately, but no luck.

Certainly the on-line demos I have found aren't really convincing...even the the one we aren't supposed to ask the price of is not what I call a knock-out-of-the-park.

Ian

#376034 - 11/22/13 09:04 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
That's really the problem right there. Wersi talk a great game. But the execution is lamentable . That demo was of no assistance to people understanding the power of that keyboard no matter what the price. All the sounds sounded electronic even the styles which were meant to replicate acoustic instruments sounded electronic. It's a tough sell when you are being encouraged to believe this is the arranger of the future when it sounds so much like the arranger of the past

#376036 - 11/22/13 09:12 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Wersi is obviously doing something correct as they are still in business & people are buying their products?

#376038 - 11/22/13 09:29 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I guess they are in business, but only after folding a couple of times. I hope they do well. Competition is always good, especially from an innovative line such as Wersi.
DonM

#376039 - 11/22/13 09:37 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I see there was a demo posted about the same time I complained of no demos.
In my opinion, what he did sounded o.k. Nothing to make me really want to buy one, although I'm sure it was a short demo, and not all-inclusive by any means.
Not sure why I'm commenting because I'm not in the market, but it is raining and cold so no golf today!

#376044 - 11/22/13 10:43 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Wersi is obviously doing something correct as they are still in business & people are buying their products?

The company went bankrupt 3 times in the last 30 years, the products and the tachnollogy however survived.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#376045 - 11/22/13 10:51 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: ianmcnll]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Well, I have asked two SZ members who are owners, and they seem a bit reluctant to post anything here...I've even asked if they could send it to me privately, but no luck.

Certainly the on-line demos I have found aren't really convincing...even the the one we aren't supposed to ask the price of is not what I call a knock-out-of-the-park.

Ian

Strange since the big Wersi instruments can run vsts you can technically make it sound devine with the right vsts.

But when you talk about the default styles they are not any better then T4 or Pa3x...

90% of Wersi players only use the out of the box stuff, they buy wersi for the lovely organ sounds and styles are mostly seccondary. The 3 wersi players i personally know play lefthand/ righthand / peddals... With mostly drums as accompaniment.

Wersi is mostly organ and seccondary arranger

#376047 - 11/22/13 11:08 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
If only technics would get back into the AK business ... frown mad

#376050 - 11/22/13 12:06 PM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Again, it's the "perceived value" that buyers see in Wersi, just as the respective buyers in Yamaha Tyros, Korg PA, and Ketron Audya...it's just that people naturally have different ideas of what perceived value means to them.

For some, it's owning a Wersi, with all the bells and whistles and lights, and being able to add them at will, and also, a certain "exclusivity" in ownership.

Yes, they are no doubt stunning values in some people's eyes, though I think the market is rather small...of course, that just adds to the "exclusivity" factor.

It would be nice to get a realistic demo played by one of our own resident SZ'ers who has tweaked and added to his Wersi, and would be only too glad (and rightly proud) to let the rest of us hear what he hears that impressed him so much to invest in the instrument.

Ian

#376053 - 11/22/13 12:27 PM Re: The open arrangers [Re: tony mads usa]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
If only technics would get back into the AK business ... frown mad

Sweet dreams are those...

It feels however that with technics all innovation left the arranger market.

Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 19 20 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online