SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20 >
Topic Options
#376134 - 11/23/13 10:06 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: DonM]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
To be really successful on a large scale, Wersi will most likely have to work on the OOTB package so there is more appeal to a vast market of users, not just the technophobes (and I use this term in a complimentary manner!)

Don, I'm sure you meant technoPHILES (not technophobes) here or perhaps cyberphiles or geeks smile . BTW, this type of mistake usually comes with advanced age smile smile .

chas

#376136 - 11/23/13 10:26 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
For sure, technophobes is the opposite of what I meant to say. Thanks!

#376143 - 11/23/13 11:08 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: cgiles]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles
Originally Posted By: DonM
To be really successful on a large scale, Wersi will most likely have to work on the OOTB package so there is more appeal to a vast market of users, not just the technophobes (and I use this term in a complimentary manner!)

Don, I'm sure you meant technoPHILES (not technophobes) here or perhaps cyberphiles or geeks smile . BTW, this type of mistake usually comes with advanced age smile smile .

chas

As our experts said, Wersi has 2 modes OOTB mode and PRO mode.

All demos are probably done in PRO mode.

But then i dont see a reason why OOTB mode would sound bad, the sound engine is Hypersonic 2, a top knotch product, a VST sample player also build into Cubase as its base soundsource. It supports everything you ever wanted from a sample player like legato play (Super articulation), It comes standard with 1.5 GB of soundsamples but i doubt if WERSi uses them as i think they want to use their own sample set with the typical Wersi sound.

Anyway, someone showed me today how easy OOTB mode works, and it sounds okay on an updated Abacus, but not spectacular, except for the organ sounds, those are absolutely the best.

Yamaha styles still play out of the box, and sound as good as on an S950, so nothing wrong there, and with a little tweaking it really rocked.

True, i am a technophile first and musician seccondary, but it seems the new OOTB system really is easy to get intoo, if you can handle an android device, you can handle this instrument in the easy OOTB mode.

So i got some answers today... but still got even more questions now...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#376145 - 11/23/13 11:28 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
Bachus Offline

This man somehow got his hands on the Wersi software, he build a computer, added a touchscreen, added 2 keyboards (49 + 61) a pedal board and an interface with some push buttons..

Since Wersi uses standard PC hardware these days, he gets the full Wersi sound out of his handcrafted home organ and the results are remarkable..

I did the same once myself with the open source lionstracs software, it aint that hard, and i know several people(online) that use comparable V-arranger systems, but honestly nothing of those sounded like this..

If i can get my hands on the software i might want to run it on my Windows 8 tablet and see if i can controll it from my Kronos. I allready contacted the man that created the video. Lets see what comes from this.

#376146 - 11/23/13 11:32 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
124 Offline

DiiKii? Say it ain't so. smile

#376165 - 11/23/13 02:03 PM Re: The open arrangers [Re: 124]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

The best use of a Tyros4 I have seen to date..

#376166 - 11/23/13 02:14 PM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Don,

The Wersi is already setup OOTB to do what any other arranger can do and more. Their control surface is excellent and the use of the touch screen, knobs, buttons, and sliders makes it very easy to operate. It's what sets Wersi apart from every other manufacturer that has tried to bring a PC based system to the masses. Only Korg came close with the Oasys but Korg castrated the Oasys by not making it open to third party software. Had Korg made the Oasys truly open as originally touted, I'd have kept mine.

The Wersi Sonic is a huge leap forward with OAS. The sheer CPU power under the hood compared to any other keyboard or arranger is staggering. If Music Store updates the sound library with more sounds and integrates additional VST's as stock, it will be a monster synthesizer/arranger/workstation. I can't wait to see the final specs and hear the finished product.

#376167 - 11/23/13 02:18 PM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango

Please show me what T5 can do better?

#376169 - 11/23/13 02:41 PM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango

Please show me what T5 can do better?

Why do you bring up a non open arranger in this topic, arent there currently enough other tyros topics?

#376170 - 11/23/13 02:44 PM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Ensnareyou]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Ensnareyou
Don,

The Wersi is already setup OOTB to do what any other arranger can do and more. Their control surface is excellent and the use of the touch screen, knobs, buttons, and sliders makes it very easy to operate. It's what sets Wersi apart from every other manufacturer that has tried to bring a PC based system to the masses. Only Korg came close with the Oasys but Korg castrated the Oasys by not making it open to third party software. Had Korg made the Oasys truly open as originally touted, I'd have kept mine.

The Wersi Sonic is a huge leap forward with OAS. The sheer CPU power under the hood compared to any other keyboard or arranger is staggering. If Music Store updates the sound library with more sounds and integrates additional VST's as stock, it will be a monster synthesizer/arranger/workstation. I can't wait to see the final specs and hear the finished product.

i heared an abacus today with oas 7.46 which according to the website of wersi is the latest oas.

Are you telling me that the oas of the sonic is a totally new version not available for other oas instruments?

Page 5 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online