SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 19 of 20 < 1 2 17 18 19 20 >
Topic Options
#378515 - 12/17/13 08:39 PM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I've got some arranger stuff up at Roland-Arranger.com's 'Renditions' forum, and have posted a few things here, now and again.

#378537 - 12/18/13 01:48 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Diki]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Always keep an eye on http://Roland-Arranger.com cos Diki posts some informative stuff there.

#378592 - 12/18/13 10:24 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Yes, and he's even NICE over there. smile

#378603 - 12/18/13 01:20 PM Re: The open arrangers [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... maybe it's US !!! darthvader

... he even posts some nice music over there ... keys

grin grin grin

#378823 - 12/20/13 01:24 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
cool smile

A little demo with SampleTank ...

https://app.box.com/s/tmisb76gvbkfnlauh3og

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#378918 - 12/21/13 01:40 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: DonM]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By: DonM
Yes, and he's even NICE over there. smile

Nice-ish! sofa

#378927 - 12/21/13 02:37 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
I've asked a local dealer about Pegasus Wing, also read what to find at the web, but as long as there (as far as I know) is no options to edit or create styles, it's "only" a playback machine?

Anyway, the option to keep a quality keyboard and do all future OS and software updates as well as maybe change some electronic cards to stay at top end is the way to go for more manufacturers as well.

#378938 - 12/21/13 03:49 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By: Gunnar Jonny
I've asked a local dealer about Pegasus Wing, also read what to find at the web, but as long as there (as far as I know) is no options to edit or create styles, it's "only" a playback machine?

Anyway, the option to keep a quality keyboard and do all future OS and software updates as well as maybe change some electronic cards to stay at top end is the way to go for more manufacturers as well.

Hi Gunnar

The ability to edit Drum styles and Midi files was added in the V1.00.04 update which came out in June 2012; however as far as I am aware you still cannot create your own styles on-board as yet.

NOTE: updates are always on-going, with the latest being V2.00.03 released in November 2013, so who knows what the future brings.

The Additional instructions (Which includes all the updates since V1) can be downloaded from the Pegasus Wing Download Centre here

Hope this helps

Bill

#378940 - 12/21/13 04:28 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Gunnar Jonny

That's an important feature to leave off a relatively "professional" level arranger.

It may be alright for some dedicated "home players" (although quite a few I know edit their styles), but it might quite likely be a deal breaker for the advanced or professional user.

Hopefully there will soon be an OS update to allow editing.

Ian

#378942 - 12/21/13 05:51 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
If you go with those that use Yamaha Arrangers the vast majority just keep asking for styles for certain songs, rather than using any on-board features to edit or create them. (Although with the amount of styles available it’s probably not surprising)

There is actually a workaround if you use external styles, (So you don’t have to wait until the update arrives) in that the Wing plays Yamaha Styles natively (No conversion required) up to T2 level, so as there are 1000s of styles out there as well as editors for them, (Most free) you can create your own style externally, then load it into the Wing for final editing. (This since the June 2012 update is easily done)
NOTE: There is currently no software made that can read the latest Wersi Style Format, so exporting a factory style to swap parts is a no go.

Remember features are added by demand, therefore if there is something missing just get onto the manufacture to tell them that its wanted, and don’t wait hoping someone else will tell them. (Too many people moan about things and expect somebody else to fix it for them, rather than spend a couple of minutes to send off an email to those who make the decisions)

Bill

Page 19 of 20 < 1 2 17 18 19 20 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online