SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 11 of 20 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20 >
Topic Options
#377679 - 12/10/13 08:31 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Dan.
Is there a demo version of your software available to download?

Regards
James

#377686 - 12/10/13 09:32 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
Also, please post a video demo with playing the VST...
I am too looking forward a demo version of vArranger!

#377689 - 12/10/13 09:56 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: adimatis]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
no demo...

I will do a video with VST

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#377690 - 12/10/13 10:13 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
Dan, would you say the vArranger would work better with a particular VST (maybe a multitimbral multichannel one) rather than with several different VSTs in the same session? I am mainly thinking of styles' sounds and play-ability.

Thanks,

#377703 - 12/10/13 11:30 AM Re: The open arrangers [Re: DonM]
Tony Hughes Offline

Don,

Don't go looking there aren't any, it's like the greater spotted bustard or hens teeth, actually there about ten demos, the hens teeth are far more interesting, you have to laugh
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#377722 - 12/10/13 01:51 PM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
Irishacts Offline

Hi Dan.
That's a shame there's no demo. I'm interested in this program from a development point of view myself as I have the means to write my own VST's, but without being able to try it, it's hard to make up my mind.

Does it support 64bit VST ?

Regards
James

#377732 - 12/10/13 02:55 PM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
For now it's 32 bit only, VST2.4.

vArranger now includes a powerful virtual synth with SoundFonts support + VSTi (still beta)

My way of thinking is to create your sound banks with some SF2 + some VSTi, Load all from the beginning, and not load any new vsti or samples anymore during the session.

If the VST allows to be controlled by midi on 16 channels, and select sounds by program changes, it's perfect !

I don't like to load VST between 2 styles.
I want perfect sound and styles transition.

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#377763 - 12/10/13 05:27 PM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
Irishacts Offline

Thanks Dan.

Quote:
My way of thinking is to create your sound banks with some SF2 + some VSTi, Load all from the beginning, and not load any new vsti or samples anymore during the session.

Yes, that would be my ultimate goal too. In the real world of performing, it makes no sense to have to load / unload sounds. Best to have everything available from the beginning.

I didn't know vArranger supported reading of SF2 banks. That's extremely interesting news.

If I were to purchase the program what means of registration / activation is required?

I don't for example purchase software that that ties me into one single PC. I prefer to have the option to install software on more than one PC. For example, my desktop for studio use, and my Tablet for live on stage use, and my laptop for in-between live and studio use.

Regards
James.

#377789 - 12/10/13 10:08 PM Re: The open arrangers [Re: ianmcnll]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Again, it's the "perceived value" that buyers see in Wersi, just as the respective buyers in Yamaha Tyros, Korg PA, and Ketron Audya...it's just that people naturally have different ideas of what perceived value means to them.

For some, it's owning a Wersi, with all the bells and whistles and lights, and being able to add them at will, and also, a certain "exclusivity" in ownership.

Yes, they are no doubt stunning values in some people's eyes, though I think the market is rather small...of course, that just adds to the "exclusivity" factor.

It would be nice to get a realistic demo played by one of our own resident SZ'ers who has tweaked and added to his Wersi, and would be only too glad (and rightly proud) to let the rest of us hear what he hears that impressed him so much to invest in the instrument.

Ian

Hell will freeze over first Ian for a SZ'er to play a demo and to get a decent Wersi I would need to sell the house, the Wing, well best kept secret, I will stick to the manufacture who has the biggest backing, it's plain to see now the Yami have what people want and they know what people want, they covered all the pockets every time.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#377790 - 12/10/13 10:15 PM Re: The open arrangers [Re: Bachus]
Tony Hughes Offline

James,

Whatever happen to all the Lionstracs MS, twas a great pity,it would have doubled up as a fan heater. Hell I nearly bought one I was only a cats whisker off Dom having my hard earned cash, hey and then I bought an Audya, graveyard comes to mind. Dom had a big pile of MS in boxes about 100 he posted a photo on SZ he must have sold them to someone, there are only two SZ'ers who still have them and not a squeak from them, hell I would have been embarrassed too, still a pity I think I could have been different.

Page 11 of 20 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online