SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#375417 - 11/16/13 05:59 AM The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5
deb Offline

Loc: netherlands
We have seen many singers with music on tape but now we get the Musician with the singer in the Tyros 5 .
When singing is your weakest point you will be happy with the solution the Tyros 5 gives you .
Ask your neighbour or his wife ( or both ) to sing for you while you play your Tyros 5 and record everything with the
audiorecorder of the Tyros 5 .
Do this only when they are better singers than you are !
The next gig will be a surprise for your audience .
They hear your neighbour or his wife but they see only you
with your Tyros 5 .
Your audience will be happy because now the musician is visible and the singer is invisible , a far better situation .

#375428 - 11/16/13 09:28 AM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: deb]
Marcus Offline

Loc: Canada
Both the Tyros 3 and Tyros 4 had an Audio Recorder to record to the Hard Drive.

What is your point, does the Tyros 5 do this any differently?

Marcus

#375433 - 11/16/13 10:07 AM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: Marcus]
deb Offline

You are right but this message could be a boost to try this .
A month ago I saw a Brasilian band playing , with a female singer
on tape . A very good band with a very good female singer .
So if you try it you are not the first .

Edited by deb (11/16/13 10:41 AM)

#375436 - 11/16/13 10:37 AM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: deb]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Why not just put some commercial cd and do nothing all night smoke

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#375437 - 11/16/13 10:44 AM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: mirza]
deb Offline

That is not what a musician wants to do .
A musician plays the music himself .

#375438 - 11/16/13 10:57 AM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: deb]
mirza Offline

So you want him/her only to pretend they are singing??

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#375459 - 11/16/13 06:08 PM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: deb]
chony Offline

Loc: New York
mirza, you're the best.

#375512 - 11/17/13 01:19 AM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: chony]
deb Offline

No I do not want them to pretend they are singing .
That is not necessary at all , when a singer works
with a band on tape he does not pretend to play
the music .
So why should the musician pretend to sing ?

Take a look at the video's on You Tube made by Sud Clavier
where the Tyros 5 is demonstrated by 2 musicians .
In one of these video's there is a female singer on the
Audio Recorder .
I think the Audio to Multi Pad link makes it more easy .

#375514 - 11/17/13 01:33 AM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: deb]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I get your drift, Deb, I think it's pretty cool the way Sud-Clavier demonstrated that feature.

He did appear to be using the Audio to MultiPad.

Perhaps some people lack imagination? Thankfully that doesn't apply to Sud-Clavier.

I love their ingenious demonstrations and promotions...very adroit, and often humorous as well.

Thanks,

Ian

#375521 - 11/17/13 05:47 AM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: deb]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
The Audya has had the ability to use someone elses voice to sing with for the last five years allready. You do all the singing live, only with someone elses voice.

Henni

#375522 - 11/17/13 06:02 AM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: deb]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
And the 10 year old korg pa1x http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XmMCr6sISUI

#375547 - 11/17/13 09:22 AM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: spalding1968]
deb Offline

We are just waiting for the Audiofiles with a singer (male or female) made by Yamaha for the Tyros 5 .
Maybe there are other factories who see these opportunities .

Yes I know from the Audya and the PAX1 , I know this feature
was already there in a GEM WK keyboard but the difference is
that none of them had the AUDIO to MULTI PAD LINK .

These link is very special !

#375552 - 11/17/13 10:53 AM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: deb]
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Originally Posted By: deb
I know this feature
was already there in a GEM WK keyboard but the difference is
that none of them had the AUDIO to MULTI PAD LINK .

These link is very special !

My Korg PA3X can import audio files into multipads (and loop them as well) and my old PA2X-Pro could do the same.

#375563 - 11/17/13 02:45 PM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: deb]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The BK-9 can also have up to 7 loops, triggered either from the top 7 keys, or the FC-7 f/s. They can either loop (in sync and key with the arranger) or be one shot recordings. It plays .MP3's, .WAV and .AIFF formats directly from the USB stick.

Still not quite sure I understand the intent of the OP, though. Are you seriously suggesting a band or OMB that plays everything themselves, but the lead singer is a recording? Best of luck getting an audience behind that!

Backing vocals is another issue, but no audience really wants to see either lip syncing or completely recorded lead vocals. Even karaoke, the performer 'sings' while the band is recorded. I've never seen an act where the opposite is the case!

#375567 - 11/17/13 03:11 PM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: deb]
rosetree
Unregistered

At least there is an interesting aspect to this idea: Usually the singer is always regarded as much more important than the "accompaniment" by the audience, as generally people who don't play an instrument are rarely aware of how important harmony (and rhythm) is in music as opposed to melody. So this would somehow "turn the tables" and put the harmonic part into the focus. But of course I'm pessimistic the audience would accept it, as the playback aspect would be much more obvious than if a keyboarder in the background was playing midi files instead of playing live.

#375599 - 11/17/13 09:37 PM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: deb]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi all,

Not sure we're talking the same thing here. See this. Look at 1:20 onwards.

All the best mates,

Henni

#375606 - 11/18/13 03:18 AM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: deb]
deb Offline

I am happy to see the reactions to this Audio item .
The title of this thread is "The Musician strikes back" , and that
is what really can be done by musicians who dare to use the
facilities of there keyboard .

To Diki : I saw and heared the Band of Gilberto Gil playing
on a Jazz Festival in Vienna with a female singer on tape .
The audience liked it !

There is no fundamental difference between a singer with the
music on tape and a musician with the singer on the Audio Recorder.

Come on Musicians , show your skills !

Edited by deb (11/18/13 03:22 AM)

#375637 - 11/18/13 01:59 PM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: deb]
Diki Offline

Was the female singer doing the leads, or just backing vocals?

And if a jazz audience is OK with taped performances, all I can say is, that's a pretty poor excuse for an audience. At least where I come from, if someone tried to pull off a whole show with the lead vocals taped and no singer at all, they would be stoned off stage!

#375668 - 11/19/13 02:19 AM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: Diki]
deb Offline

The female singer on tape was the leadsinger in that song
played by the Band of Gilberto Gil .
Diki , you are a good singer , I heard "How good it is to be
loved by you " a few years ago .
You could be the first Song-Fileproducer for keyboards with
Audiofacilities .
You could sell these Song-Files to Tyros 5 , Audya , Roland,
and Korg players when their keyboard has Audiofacilities .
If you do so we can say "Diki made it come true " because he
is a good and real musician and he is a good singer !
The musician Diki strikes back , and others will follow .

#375670 - 11/19/13 04:29 AM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: deb]
mirza Offline

I think it's bad enough that we have to use arrangers . This would be a disaster. You are playing and someone is singing but you can't see them.People would probably think it's a joke..Ok for practice at home.

#375671 - 11/19/13 04:30 AM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: mirza]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: mirza
I think it's bad enough that we have to use arrangers .

confused1

#375677 - 11/19/13 05:59 AM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: deb]
rosetree
Unregistered

If a part of the music played on the keyboard is automated by styles or even midi files ( which I try to avoid), it is not too obvious for the audience. But a pre-recorded singer immediately reveals to everybody in the audience that it is no live music but playback. So people will ask why not save the money and play disks instead. Only attentive musicians in the audience would appreciate that the accompaniment is played live, so this idea will have no chance.

#375678 - 11/19/13 06:38 AM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: ]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
If a part of the music played on the keyboard is automated by styles or even midi files ( which I try to avoid), it is not too obvious for the audience. But a pre-recorded singer immediately reveals to everybody in the audience that it is no live music but playback. So people will ask why not save the money and play disks instead. Only attentive musicians in the audience would appreciate that the accompaniment is played live, so this idea will have no chance.

In today's high tech world the listening and watching audience is so confused worldwide not only with music, but in film, photography, TV, Etc,Etc,Etc. and has become complacent but still enjoying it. The world still has older people when there wasn't all this stuff mixed in with the younger generation who embraces today's technology from birth. But, Once the elders are gone from the baby boom age I'm afraid it will be an
"All Out" anything goes atmosphere musically,......
most of us wont be around to see it. wink

#375682 - 11/19/13 07:15 AM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: deb]
deb Offline

The audience accepted to hear a complete Orchestra which was not
there .
A whole Orchestra or a whole Band invisible . The opposite case,
just one person ( the singer ) invisible is just a small step .
People will be happy to see the musicians working on stage , they
will understand how music is made . It was forgotten .
The audience will like it , they will be amused .
For some of them it will be the first time they see a Trombone or an Accordion , a muted Trumpet , a Clarinet or a Keyboard.
You offer them a new view on music !
The audience will accept everything when you show this to them on the right way .
As I said before I have seen it on a Jazz Festival in Vienna.
Gilberto Gil and his band played so good that nobody in the audience had a problem with the invisible female singer .

#375683 - 11/19/13 07:25 AM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: deb]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: deb
The audience accepted to hear a complete Orchestra which was not
there .
A whole Orchestra or a whole Band invisible . The opposite case,
just one person ( the singer ) invisible is just a small step .
People will be happy to see the musicians working on stage , they
will understand how music is made . It was forgotten .
The audience will like it , they will be amused .
For some of them it will be the first time they see a Trombone or an Accordion , a muted Trumpet , a Clarinet or a Keyboard.
You offer them a new view on music !
The audience will accept everything when you show this to them on the right way .
As I said before I have seen it on a Jazz Festival in Vienna.
Gilberto Gil and his band played so good that nobody in the audience had a problem with the invisible female singer .

It might pass in a jazz venue where the emphasis is on the musicians playing & vocals take a back seat,....but I dont see how it could be accepted on most commercial venues.

#375689 - 11/19/13 09:26 AM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: deb]
Diki Offline

The audience already accept no performers on stage at all... it's called DJ-ing.

Thing is, at this point, the LAST person on stage the audience is willing to allow to be automated is the singer. Personally, I think you are completely deluded if you think this is a trend.

#375691 - 11/19/13 09:37 AM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: deb]
mirza Offline

It is bad enough when you have a singer singing to recorded tracks.Playing arrangers to recorded singer is 10x worse.What is the point?? All of the arrangers now days play mp3s.Just do it dj style and you are off much better.

#375695 - 11/19/13 10:06 AM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: deb]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
I'm a singer... My wife is a singer. I program my own tracks because that's what I do. I playback MIDI files that I create and WAV files from MIDI files completed on other keyboards in my studio. I create the tracks I use... Never purchased or built from an arranger. I never use the general MIDI sounds of a workstation... I use the best sounds at the time. I've been doing this for over 20 years. My audience appreciates the mix of song selections, the quality of the music, and the talent of our voices. I work as a solo and duo act.

It takes talent to sing songs from a broad base. So, people don't think any less of our act because we use tracks. I play overtop of most the songs with piano or a solo sound. I also play live piano to prove to the audience I know how to play. We always get positive comments on our voices and our theme.

I could record my wife's vocals when she can't make a gig... But I don't for the reasons stated in this topic. I could build it into the act in a nice way but that doesn't work for me or the audience we built.

Pre recorded vocals don't work for us... but pre recorded files created by me in the studio works for us.
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#375696 - 11/19/13 10:08 AM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: deb]
Dnj Offline

To be honest there is talent in DJ'ing otherwise it wouldn't be so popular and it = record sales off the hook $$$$$ for so many artists music they play their work worldwide.It's just another art form which is on the increase year after year.

Edited by Dnj (11/19/13 10:09 AM)

#375702 - 11/19/13 11:14 AM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: deb]
mirza Offline

Johnathan, but you still sing live.And that is the point here.It's lots of work , but I am sure it sounds great live.One thing that would not work for me is being spontanious.You can only play songs that you preprogrammed And that is what I like about live music.Trust me playing arranger is not better than what you do.But, non of it can compare to live band playing

#375734 - 11/19/13 03:58 PM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: mirza]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
Originally Posted By: mirza
Johnathan, but you still sing live.And that is the point here.It's lots of work , but I am sure it sounds great live.One thing that would not work for me is being spontanious.You can only play songs that you preprogrammed And that is what I like about live music.Trust me playing arranger is not better than what you do.But, non of it can compare to live band playing

I'm spontaneous enough in the studio... I make my arrangements with anticipation of our target audience. Singing Live with tracks is just different than a live band. And it's ok to be different. Variety is key!

I agree, nothing beats a live band for energy, character, and more to watch. BUT they have to be good and a polished act... because everything else beats a bad band!!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#375744 - 11/19/13 06:40 PM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: shueymusic]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: shueymusic

because everything else beats a bad band!!

... maybe everything but a bad OMB ! ... rocker

#375757 - 11/20/13 01:13 AM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: deb]
deb Offline

Dear friends , I see we do not all agree about the singer on tape
but I am sure we will see something is happening in the future .
Yes it will take some time but what we all want in Music is Back
to the Basis .
Which means we want to see what we hear , do we hear Music than
we want to see the Musician because without the Musician there is no Music .
More and more people want healthy meat and vegetables , these people want also real Music .
Real Music is Music played by a visible Musician !
When I see and hear a singer with only a taped Orchestra I always leave that building .
The Musician is the most important part of the Music , a singer
can be part of it . But as long we accept incomplete shows than
I prefer the Musician with the singer on his Audiorecorder .
The Tyros 5 ( and some other instruments ) offers you this feature as a possibility . Why not use it .

#375758 - 11/20/13 02:12 AM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: deb]
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quit while you are ahead (or before making a fool of yourself).

#375807 - 11/20/13 08:10 AM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: deb]
124 Offline

Agreed. Deb's view seems pretty skewed to me. You'd get laughed off the stage if you tried to pull that stunt here.

#375819 - 11/20/13 09:40 AM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: deb]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Not to my taste, or something I'd use, but they said that about Disco, DJ's and Karaoke and you know what happened...

Ian

#375826 - 11/20/13 10:28 AM Re: The Musician strikes back with Tyros 5 [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Not to my taste, or something I'd use, but they said that about Disco, DJ's and Karaoke and you know what happened...

Ian

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online