SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#375774 - 11/20/13 05:42 AM S-950, Tyros TEXT SIZE question.......
Dnj Offline

I know you can SAVE TEXT to a registration setup song,.......
but, can you SAVE "TEXT SIZE" also so when you call up a song the text size is the way you want it? confused1 ...it seems I always have to do that manually from the display screen using the buttons... frown

#375778 - 11/20/13 06:12 AM Re: S-950, Tyros TEXT SIZE question....... [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Why would you need "Text", Donny?

I thought you memorized all your tunes?

Ian

#375779 - 11/20/13 06:18 AM Re: S-950, Tyros TEXT SIZE question....... [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

Ian

that is correct Ian BUT, there is always may time when Im naked on stage without my laptop for a short 1hr show that I might need to look at some lyrics of a song request, etc, I haven't done in years....
Now can you also answer the original question?

#375781 - 11/20/13 06:28 AM Re: S-950, Tyros TEXT SIZE question....... [Re: Dnj]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
You play naked on stage Wow what do you getting for that a night,

#375783 - 11/20/13 06:41 AM Re: S-950, Tyros TEXT SIZE question....... [Re: musicforyourday]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: musicforyourday
You play naked on stage Wow what do you getting for that a night,

Donny goes that extra measure for his performances, Ron...he's committed to his work and always prepared to display his talents and give his shows that additional dimension.

Then again, at his age, how hard can it be?

Ian

#375785 - 11/20/13 06:42 AM Re: S-950, Tyros TEXT SIZE question....... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

So I guess at this point no one know the correct answer if at all?

#375786 - 11/20/13 06:52 AM Re: S-950, Tyros TEXT SIZE question....... [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj

Ian

that is correct Ian BUT, there is always may time when Im naked on stage without my laptop for a short 1hr show that I might need to look at some lyrics of a song request, etc, I haven't done in years....

Donny, I don't use the Text or MFD on my arrangers...perhaps you may have better luck on PSR Tutorial?

I said in another thread, I still use real sheet music (in ring-binders)...yeah, I know, it's old fashioned, but it worked for Beethoven (although I don't think he had ring-binders), so it gets a pass from me!

And, it handily survives the old "drop on the concrete floor" test that seems a tad overwhelming to those electronic music pads.

Ian

#375788 - 11/20/13 06:58 AM Re: S-950, Tyros TEXT SIZE question....... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Ian, Bethoven had a lousy memory, to he had to write down each keystroke on a piece of paper so he could replicate them at a later date. wink Pros do this stuff out of their head every day of the week - We don't need no stinkin sheet music. wink smile

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (11/20/13 07:27 AM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#375789 - 11/20/13 07:00 AM Re: S-950, Tyros TEXT SIZE question....... [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj

Ian

Donny, I don't use the Text or MFD on my arrangers...perhaps you may have better luck on PSR Tutorial?

I said in another thread, I still use real sheet music (in ring-binders)...yeah, I know, it's old fashioned, but it worked for Beethoven (although I don't think he had ring-binders), so it gets a pass from me!

And, it handily survives the old "drop on the concrete floor" test that seems a tad overwhelming to those electronic music pads.

Ian

Ian I'll just wait someone in the know will reply later ...
btw enjoy your binders......
meanwhile its time for my Crimini Mushroom Omlette...

#375794 - 11/20/13 07:30 AM Re: S-950, Tyros TEXT SIZE question....... [Re: travlin'easy]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Ian, Bethoven had a lousy memory, to he had to write down each keystroke pn a piece of paper so he could replicate them at a later date. wink Pros do this stuff out of their head every day of the week - We don't need no stinkin sheet music. wink smile

Gary cool

Beethoven was also going deaf in his later years, and he didn't let that stop him, Gary...of course, he didn't have to deal with loud obnoxious ship guns...the cause of Beethoven's deafness is unknown, but it has variously been attributed to typhus, auto-immune disorders (such as systemic lupus erythematosus), and even his habit of immersing his head in cold water to stay awake (now, there's dedication for you..right up there with Donny's appearing naked).

It's funny, but if I have my music in front of me, I never look at it, except very occasionally, or to check what style/tempo I used. It's more of a crutch to me, Gary, and, I do have hundreds of songs in memory, mainly either the more simple or the most complex...strange, eh?

But, I've accepted the fact I need "stinkin sheet music", and, so far, haven't needed therapy, or to appear naked on stage...yet.

I'm sure, due to of some of his more attractive audience members making it a bit hard for him, Donny will always be an outstanding entertainer.

Ian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online