SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 >
Topic Options
#374865 - 11/11/13 03:13 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Ian,
The BK-9 is still for sale but in 2 months I have had NO SERIOUS offers and NO INTEREST from any forum on which it has been advertised. However, feeling like I am "stuck" with it I decided to make the best of it and what I am finding is it grows on you much like a new puppy. But what is really fascinating is how much my audiences say they like it. They tend to like the really great bass lines and the feel of the rhythm section the BK-9 produces.

Anyway, to answer your question it is still up for sale but I won't give it away.

Deane

#374866 - 11/11/13 03:14 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: hammer
Ian,
The BK-9 is still for sale but in 2 months I have had NO SERIOUS offers and NO INTEREST from any forum on which it has been advertised. However, feeling like I am "stuck" with it I decided to make the best of it and what I am finding is it grows on you much like a new puppy. But what is really fascinating is how much my audiences say they like it. They tend to like the really great bass lines and the feel of the rhythm section the BK-9 produces.

Anyway, to answer your question it is still up for sale but I won't give it away.

Deane

EBAY....1,2,3

#374870 - 11/11/13 03:51 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: Hal2001]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: Hal2001
Originally Posted By: DonM

I think the vocal hits or yells are hokey and not really usable much in many real situations.
DonM

Don, pardon my lack of knowledge of the Tyros, never having owned one, but I assumed that use of those "hokey hits or yells" was optional. I thought that you could mute those out via the sliders. Does it not work that way? I would not want to be forced to use them if I did not want them On the other hand, I might have a very limited use of them as a novelty, or maybe someone else has use for them so it's good for them. Please let me know if I can mute those sounds when not wanted. It could be awkward and a disadvantage if they're not mutable. Thanks Hal (Tyros Newbie)

I think the vocal hits or yells are hokey and not really usable much in many real situations.
DonM

Don, pardon my lack of knowledge of the Tyros, never having owned one, but I assumed that use of those "hokey hits or yells" was optional. I thought that you could mute those out via the sliders. Does it not work that way? I would not want to be forced to use them if I did not want them On the other hand, I might have a very limited use of them as a novelty, or maybe someone else has use for them so it's good for them. Please let me know if I can mute those sounds when not wanted. It could be awkward and a disadvantage if they're not mutable. Thanks Hal (Tyros Newbie)

DonM

Hi Hal,
Oh I'm certain they are only on some styles or intros or pads, and certainly don't have to be used. You're right, might be useful for a novelty.
Just about any style or pad can be edited as well.
DonM

#374872 - 11/11/13 03:59 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: DonM]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I read a post on the psrtutorial forum that says the audio pads DO loop. Not sure if it's true.
DonM

Page 47 in the manual..there is a repeat parameter..

#374875 - 11/11/13 04:05 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: DonM]
Hal2001 Offline

Loc: U.S.
Hi Hal,
Oh I'm certain they are only on some styles or intros or pads, and certainly don't have to be used. You're right, might be useful for a novelty.
Just about any style or pad can be edited as well.
DonM
Thanks for answering. Glad I'm not stuck with them when not wanted i.e. most of the time for me.

#374876 - 11/11/13 04:06 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I couldn't find a reason why they would NOT loop. Maybe it was just speculation by someone on the forum. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#374901 - 11/11/13 09:19 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: Dnj]
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Don, Gary, Fran,

Audio Multipads DO NOT LOOP - check page 67 of the Owner's manual! Page 47 (of the reference manual) it is talking about the MIDI Multipads.

In the words of Yamaha "Audio Link Muli Pads: Automatic repeat playback is not available"

Edited by chony (11/11/13 09:23 PM)

#374902 - 11/11/13 09:52 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: Dnj]
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Sorry about the big red ink - I want this problem fixed; not rumors going around that there is no problem!

I'm not sure if you guys remember, but when the T4 came out I found 4 bugs that made it impossible for me to use professionally. Even after creating 4 youtube videos showing the problems many people on this forum and at Yamaha denied that they were really bugs and blamed the problem on me. However, the fact is that Yamaha finally released 2 updates on the T4 - and both these updates were to fix the 4 bugs I had discovered - nothing else. So I want to be very careful that there is no denial this time around.

Thanks for your understanding.

#374905 - 11/11/13 10:31 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: Dnj]
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Chony,

Yamaha has a tendency to deny bugs exist in any product they release to the public. I caught numerous bugs in my 9000 Pro and Yamaha vehemently denied they existed. Numerous phone conversations and several in person meetings at NAMM and AES yielded nothing. It wasn't until I spoke with one of Yamaha's clinicians that he actually admitted Yamaha knew the bugs existed and had no plans to rectify them. Yamaha's words to me where that I was one of only a handful of people that had ever utilized the arranger in that fashion. Therefore they saw no reason to remedy it. In fact their remedy was to discontinue the product altogether.

I'll admit my use of the 9000 Pro put it through its paces but it was marketed as a professional product intended for what I wanted it to do but it wasn't capable of doing so.

In watching the progression of the Tyros line I've yet to see Yamaha integrate features as simple as real time control of synthesizer parameters, extended sequencer tracks and editing, ability to load and play Akai and other popular sample formats, ability to easily sample, map, and integrate new drum sounds, additional polyphony, and better voice allocation.

Polyphony and voice allocation has always been a problem I've encountered on Yamaha products, especially arranger products. Even older Casio, Korg, Kurzweil, and Roland products with half the polyphony utilized far better voice allocation. I've yet to see a T5 in person but given the fact the T4 still had these issues, I doubt the T5 would be any different. Only time will tell.

#374907 - 11/11/13 10:42 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online