SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12 >
Topic Options
#374945 - 11/12/13 08:51 AM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
There was an infamous mistake in one of the harmony voices on PSR2000, the Squeaky Mouse I think. Probably was not important to most people but I had a specific use for it, and it had worked great on previous models.
Yamaha vehemently denied there was a problem. After months of my phone calls and emails, they sent an extensive workaround to me so I could use it. They still denied there was a problem though.
It's all about the dollars. If that comes at the expense of the customer, so be it.
If it weren't for Steve Deming, they wouldn't have anyone in US support that would listen to us as far as I can tell! And his hands are evidently tied by Japan in many cases.
DonM

#374960 - 11/12/13 09:43 AM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: Dnj]
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Fran, voice set is not voice creator - they are two COMPLETELY different functions. Voice set lets you change how the voice behaves. Voice creator lets you change the voice itself.

Yes you are answering questions without being a Yammy guy, but unfortunately you have been mistaken both times so far :-)

Edited by chony (11/12/13 09:45 AM)

#374983 - 11/12/13 12:20 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: travlin'easy]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
I couldn't find a reason why they would NOT loop. Maybe it was just speculation by someone on the forum. wink

Gary cool

Gary.... honestly! Do you think I would spend all this time pointing this out if I hadn't extensively researched the issue? I guess you haven't read the manual of your OWN arranger if you are unaware of this.

Mind you, I'm pretty confident you have never used the feature whatsoever (or you'd know it) so perhaps you could show the same due diligence before you try to refute something you don't know anything about?

It really astounds me. Roland and Korg users make no effort to obscure and obfuscate faults in their arrangers. We are vocal and open about missteps in the design and operation of our arrangers. Why do Yamaha users feel so defensive about admitting design missteps? Surely the sales volume leader has nothing to fear from the truth coming out? Surely they, like users of other arrangers, would LIKE these mistakes corrected, even if they alone will have to wait for another model to get the correction?!

Why are you so afraid?

#374985 - 11/12/13 12:22 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada

#375004 - 11/12/13 01:09 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
If you haven't got anything to say other than glib emoticons, why are you posting, Ian..?

#375020 - 11/12/13 01:52 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I have to say I'm very disapointed that the T5 doesn't a chord chord sequencer. That makes it a deal breaker for me.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#375023 - 11/12/13 02:02 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: Diki]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Diki
If you haven't got anything to say other than glib emoticons, why are you posting, Ian..?

Well, they just happen to make more sense than what you've been posting...and they sure are a lot briefer.

Any other questions, Dikipedia?

Ian

#375024 - 11/12/13 02:02 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: montunoman
I have to say I'm very disapointed that the T5 doesn't a chord chord sequencer. That makes it a deal breaker for me.

Deal Breaker? surprised .....do you use the Cs that much now?

#375035 - 11/12/13 03:15 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: Dnj]
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Diki, if I may suggest - I agree with you on pretty much all the points, but let's not bash other SZers here. I think we are much more likely to get the changes we need if we are respectful and answer with logic instead of emotion. I would suggest the same for any body giving any opinion about any subject.

Edited by chony (11/12/13 03:16 PM)

#375037 - 11/12/13 03:23 PM Re: What more could you ask for of T5 & WHY? [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: montunoman

Deal Breaker? surprised .....do you use the Cs that much now?

My T2 and KMA don't have a CS. But I'd sure love to have one!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

Page 5 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online