SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#374661 - 11/10/13 04:08 AM Re: NEWS FOR ROLAND EUROPE! [Re: mrdave]
Phantom75 Offline

Loc: Italy
Thanks for clarification!
Maybe they rely on external italian supplier for production & assembling ...
Expensive and complicated products are difficult to delocalizzate in China

#374664 - 11/10/13 05:46 AM Re: NEW FOR ROLAND EUROPE! [Re: donpatt]
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
This is a copy of an email sent to my V-Accordion Dealer!

Dear Friends,

You are all aware of the closing of our factory in Italy where the V-Accordions are currently produced. We here at Roland US feel deeply for our colleagues who might be affected.

The purpose of this email is to provide you with the relevant facts related to this closing. This will better prepare you to discuss this situation with your present and future customers, and also provide you a better idea as how this may effect your planning. Here are the most relevant questions being asked us:

Q. When will the factory actually close.
A. The current plan is for the factory to remain open and active through March, 2014.

Q: Will production continue on the current products produced at Roland Europe?
A: Yes. Production will continue at Roland Europe for the V-Accordion and other instruments until March, 2014. After that time, production of the V-Accordion will be transferred to an appropriate facility within the Roland family.

Q: Will R&D continue on the V-Accordion?
A: Yes. R&D will continue.

Q: Will product support and parts availability be affected?
A: No. Product support will continue and adequate parts supply is already being planned to support the current products as usual. Roland US support of the V-Accordion is not affected by this closing.

Please be assured that Roland Corporation world-wide and Roland US remain committed to this product category. We appreciate your efforts on our behalf and look forward to continuing our work with you with these exciting instruments!

Should you have other concerns please feel free to contact me directly at my number below.

Sincerely,

Bill

Bill Erlandson
National Sales Manager
Pianos and V-Accordions
ROLAND CORPORATION U.S.
5100 South Eastern Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90040

#374678 - 11/10/13 10:45 AM Re: NEW FOR ROLAND EUROPE! [Re: donpatt]
Phantom75 Offline

Loc: Italy
Originally Posted By: donpatt
This is a copy of an email sent to my V-Accordion Dealer!
Q: Will R&D continue on the V-Accordion?
A: Yes. R&D will continue.

as I wrote some posts before and
just to avoid wrong information:
up to now, italian R&D team (which developed and designed BK and VAccordion) will be erased as well as production units.

BK and Vaccordion project design will move to Japanese R&D team
(which never developed VAccordion for istance...)
These are the facts...
up to you for your personal consideration...

#374681 - 11/10/13 11:09 AM Re: NEW FOR ROLAND EUROPE! [Re: Phantom75]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Phantom75

up to now, italian R&D team (which developed and designed BK and VAccordion) will be erased as well as production units.

BK and Vaccordion project design will move to Japanese R&D team
(which never developed VAccordion for istance...)
These are the facts...
up to you for your personal consideration...

IMO you are right to be sceptical. I think the complete history of Roland regarding arrangers has been BASED on Roland Europe and began when Roland bought SIEL and changed it to Roland Europe. With accordions it might be even clearer, as this traditional instrument has no "cultural basis" in Japan. For arrangers, there is some hope, as the GW8 and Prelude were developed in Japan. But I certainly see the danger that the arranger section could be abandoned, of course depending on the sales figures. These don't seem to be encouraging for the BK-9 at least (up to now only 4 reviews at the Thomann store, unfortunately I see a lot of BK-9s returned by customers; the BK-7m seems to be quite popular however).

Edited by rosetree (11/10/13 11:11 AM)

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online