SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#374625 - 11/09/13 02:57 PM Re: NEWS FOR ROLAND EUROPE! [Re: donpatt]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Posted by Ian: Or do they simply rely on the rabid defensiveness of Roland users to refuse to make any honest criticism (top line with no aftertouch? Come on!) of their purchase to protect them from any comparison when making this decision?

Perhaps that is just one of the reasons behind the Italian Division being sacked. Probably not, but it was bound to have some kind of influence.

Please!

Thing is, no-one here with half a brain takes seriously the comparison of two arrangers well over $2500 apart in price.

If something sinks your flagship, the NEXT boat in your fleet automatically becomes that. Whether it is a cruiser or a dinghy. But only a fool compares a battleship with a dinghy. I suppose, if you want to be pedantic about it, that yes, the BK-9 is Roland's TOTL. But if it is virtually the same price as most other line's MOTL offering, do you make an honest comparison with those, or simply be a fool and still try to put it up there with arrangers selling for $1500-2000 more?

To be quite frank, I am getting a bit sick of how asinine this argument is. If the most expensive car Hyundai make is priced lower than the cheapest Ferrari, do you even TRY to make a comparison? Or let's try comparing the most expensive Hyundai with the most expensive Lexus? No, anyone not a fool compares cars at the SAME price point.

Trouble is, do that with Yamaha and Roland arrangers, and the Yamaha fans have a FAR smaller advantage (if any). So, I guess to bolster the fragile corporate ego, you want to make a $2000 arranger go head to head with your $5000 one. We're not buying it, Ian.

#374626 - 11/09/13 03:11 PM Re: NEWS FOR ROLAND EUROPE! [Re: Diki]
brooster Offline

Ramble on bro!

#374628 - 11/09/13 03:17 PM Re: NEW FOR ROLAND EUROPE! [Re: ianmcnll]
Phantom75 Offline

Loc: Italy
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Korg also has arranger operations in Italy...would they be considering off-shoring their factories/operations to China as well?

Ian

as far as I know, Korg has an R&D depertment in Italy, non production plans.
So probaly their products are already produced in China....
but I can be wrong, especially for TOTL models...

#374629 - 11/09/13 03:20 PM Re: NEWS FOR ROLAND EUROPE! [Re: brooster]
Diki Offline

Originally Posted By: brooster
Ramble on bro!

As cogent a post as you have yet made...

Maybe you can try even less, and simply use emoticons to make your next 'point'?

#374630 - 11/09/13 03:45 PM Re: NEWS FOR ROLAND EUROPE! [Re: donpatt]
brooster Offline

To Quote Diki:

"Please! Thing is, no-one here with half a brain takes seriously the comparison of two arrangers well over $2500 apart in price."

In one of the Tyros threads you posted over and over again trying to do just that.
Do you realize that you are calling yourself names??

To quote Diki again:

"To be quite frank, I am getting a bit sick of how asinine this argument is."

Asinine indeed.

Diki once more:

"Trouble is, do that with Yamaha and Roland arrangers, and the Yamaha fans have a FAR smaller advantage (if any)."

Civil is better than Sybil.

#374631 - 11/09/13 04:02 PM Re: NEWS FOR ROLAND EUROPE! [Re: donpatt]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Diki...you're gonna bust a blood vessel with all this silly ranting.

Time will tell how serious this closure is for Roland.

#374636 - 11/09/13 04:30 PM Re: NEWS FOR ROLAND EUROPE! [Re: donpatt]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I don't believe anyone is jumping for joy about the problems Roland, or any manufacturer is having in this lousy, worldwide economy. No one likes to see ANY company go out of business - NO ONE!

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#374641 - 11/09/13 06:08 PM Re: NEWS FOR ROLAND EUROPE! [Re: brooster]
Diki Offline

Originally Posted By: brooster
To Quote Diki:

"Please! Thing is, no-one here with half a brain takes seriously the comparison of two arrangers well over $2500 apart in price."

In one of the Tyros threads you posted over and over again trying to do just that.
Do you realize that you are calling yourself names??

To quote Diki again:

"To be quite frank, I am getting a bit sick of how asinine this argument is."

Asinine indeed.

Diki once more:

"Trouble is, do that with Yamaha and Roland arrangers, and the Yamaha fans have a FAR smaller advantage (if any)."

Civil is better than Sybil.

Quote me, Broo. One can easily make a comparison by a MUCH less expensive arranger with one at the highest price bracket. The asininity starts when you want to compare the expensive one with the cheaper...

Brains is better than games.

#374655 - 11/09/13 08:33 PM Re: NEWS FOR ROLAND EUROPE! [Re: donpatt]
brooster Offline

To quotith Diki:

"Quote me, Broo. One can easily make a comparison by a MUCH less expensive arranger with one at the highest price bracket. The asininity starts when you want to compare the expensive one with the cheaper...

Brains is better than games."

The asininininity ain't the keyboards. It's the hands.

Music is powerful force that should be used for good.

Forums are not.

Edited by brooster (11/09/13 09:04 PM)

#374659 - 11/10/13 02:49 AM Re: NEWS FOR ROLAND EUROPE! [Re: donpatt]
mrdave Offline

Loc: Rimini, Italy
Korg Italy produce some of their arrangers here, on my Pa3x there's written "Made in Italy" on its plate. I think only the cheapest models (Pa600) are produced in China.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online