SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#374435 - 11/07/13 03:31 PM Re: NEW FOR ROLAND EUROPE! [Re: donpatt]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Well, it does sound very serious, and I'm sure none of us here would want to see any keyboard manufacturer or factory be dissolved. It's the competition between them that provides we users with better products, and the loss of any one, or part of one, will surely affect things in a negative way.

Ian

#374439 - 11/07/13 04:37 PM Re: NEWS FOR ROLAND EUROPE! [Re: donpatt]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Roland fans...relax..this has been in the works for a few years....there is good news coming.. wink

#374440 - 11/07/13 04:40 PM Re: NEWS FOR ROLAND EUROPE! [Re: Fran Carango]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
Roland fans...relax..this has been in the works for a few years....there is good news coming.. wink

You mean they are finally going to release a worthy G-70 successor?

Ian

#374452 - 11/07/13 10:28 PM Re: NEW FOR ROLAND EUROPE! [Re: Diki]
brooster Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
Originally Posted By: brooster
Interesting. I wonder what the person who spends most of his time in the Tyros threads trashing the Tyros would be saying if this thread was about Yamaha going into receivership?

You need to up your comprehension skills. This is NOT about Roland going into receivership. This is merely their Italian manufacturing plant (is this all of them or just the one plant?) going down, and in all likelihood production is going to be shifted to China.

And, if this happened to Yamaha's arranger plants in any non-Chinese location, I would be no more exulting this than I am Roland.

Perhaps you need to read what I post with a little more accuracy and a little less heat under the collar. I 'criticize' (you can substitute 'trash' if you want to invent an issue that doesn't exist, for whatever reasons you wish to become outraged) certain aspects of Yamaha's. I guess I need to start using larger fonts, bold and ALL FRIGGIN' CAPS to get some of you low attention span readers to notice where I praise OTHER elements of Yamaha arrangers.

Seems like you notice the least criticism and then the blood-flow shuts off above the neck!

Someone needs to get a life.

Your larger, bolder, CAP-ER eloquence speaks so well of you:
"I guess I need to start using larger fonts, bold and ALL FRIGGIN' CAPS to get some of you low attention span readers to notice where I praise OTHER elements of Yamaha arrangers."

Did you forget your meds?

#374454 - 11/08/13 03:18 AM Re: NEW FOR ROLAND EUROPE! [Re: donpatt]
mc2pereira Offline

Loc: Campo Grande, MS, BRASIL

#374458 - 11/08/13 05:16 AM Re: NEW FOR ROLAND EUROPE! [Re: mc2pereira]
rosetree
Unregistered

So, unfortunately it's clear, the entire company Roland Europe is in liquidation. IMHO, This affects the BK-9 and BK-7m.

@brooster: I think your post is absolutely unacceptable for any internet forum. I hope an administrator will do something about it.

#374460 - 11/08/13 06:33 AM Re: NEW FOR ROLAND EUROPE! [Re: donpatt]
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
Before we get too nervous we might read the Notice of Dissolution on the Roland corporate web site:

Here is a short quote:

"After the dissolution and liquidation of subsidiary, the development and production will be transferred to the other locations within the Group and its businesses will be continued."

http://www.roland.com/ir/pdf/2013/20131108_3.pdf

#374464 - 11/08/13 07:03 AM Re: NEW FOR ROLAND EUROPE! [Re: donpatt]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: donpatt

"After the dissolution and liquidation of subsidiary, the development and production will be transferred to the other locations within the Group and its businesses will be continued."

http://www.roland.com/ir/pdf/2013/20131108_3.pdf

Very interesting! Yesterday I couldn't find anything official from Roland.com yet. So, at least the arranger line will obviously be continued. It would almost have been an act of desperation to stop the BK-9 so shortly after its introduction...

#374486 - 11/08/13 09:14 AM Re: NEW FOR ROLAND EUROPE! [Re: donpatt]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Changed my mind about the comment I made and can't delete.
DonM

Edited by DonM (11/08/13 09:15 AM)

#374506 - 11/08/13 11:13 AM Re: NEW FOR ROLAND EUROPE! [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
Changed my mind about the comment I made and can't delete.
DonM

My wife does that all the time! wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online