SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 17 of 37 < 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 36 37 >
Topic Options
#373894 - 10/31/13 07:55 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
KeyBTyros Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
I saw in a forum that there was a italian dealer in spain that was so speechless of what he saw and heared he right away ordered a few keyboards

so it must be hell of a lot better then the T4 i guess
less then 24 hours and november starts lets see what is gonna happen
hoping yamaha is going to tease us a little bit with some info
Greetz Rico wave

#373895 - 10/31/13 08:08 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: KeyBTyros]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: KeyBTyros
I saw in a forum that there was a italian dealer in spain that was so speechless of what he saw and heared he right away ordered a few keyboards

so it must be hell of a lot better then the T4 i guess
less then 24 hours and november starts lets see what is gonna happen
hoping yamaha is going to tease us a little bit with some info
Greetz Rico wave

Rico thanx for the news.......
those lucky Spaniards, lol headphone

#373899 - 10/31/13 08:43 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: ianmcnll]
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Originally Posted By: Kabinopus
Originally Posted By: Dnj
btw what happened to Michele Voncken demonstrating for Yamaha Tyros5 etc,..? confused1
I asked Bert about rumors that Michele Voncken has problems with alcohol and Bert said that it's true. He said that Michele couldn't manage to perform scheduled presentations at stores so now Yamaha's trying to use him in different ways. But he still works for Yamaha.

That's the story I got as well, Kabinopus. It's too bad as Michele is one hell of a performer.

Maybe he'll manage to turn things around...I hope so.

Ian

For me, Mr. Voncken is head and shoulders above the others. They may have advanced "technical" skills, lots of experience, great chops etc yadda yada yadda, but you are there to sell the keyboard, not yourself. Michel made the Tyros (or any keyboard) SCREAM, and meanwhile he was smiling to the audience, delivering the message "So easy, you can do it too!" and that's what counts.

PS: IMHO, discussion about his alcohol problem from the other demonstrator was VERY unprofessional. It is about a colleague, they both work for a corporation, yet he gossips like a silly old lady. I also hope Michel turns it around and returns to the front line.

#373901 - 10/31/13 09:14 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: trident]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: trident
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Originally Posted By: Kabinopus
Originally Posted By: Dnj
btw what happened to Michele Voncken demonstrating for Yamaha Tyros5 etc,..? confused1
I asked Bert about rumors that Michele Voncken has problems with alcohol and Bert said that it's true. He said that Michele couldn't manage to perform scheduled presentations at stores so now Yamaha's trying to use him in different ways. But he still works for Yamaha.

That's the story I got as well, Kabinopus. It's too bad as Michele is one hell of a performer.

Maybe he'll manage to turn things around...I hope so.

Ian

For me, Mr. Voncken is head and shoulders above the others. They may have advanced "technical" skills, lots of experience, great chops etc yadda yada yadda, but you are there to sell the keyboard, not yourself. Michel made the Tyros (or any keyboard) SCREAM, and meanwhile he was smiling to the audience, delivering the message "So easy, you can do it too!" and that's what counts.

PS: IMHO, discussion about his alcohol problem from the other demonstrator was VERY unprofessional. It is about a colleague, they both work for a corporation, yet he gossips like a silly old lady. I also hope Michel turns it around and returns to the front line.

Was this his last demo.....?

#373904 - 10/31/13 09:48 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: trident]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: trident

You are so right, Trident...I think Michel makes the complicated arranger seem accessible to the average player, yet he also has the chops to illustrate how powerful an arranger can be to an advanced player.

I can relate to Michel on one level for sure, having had to deal with alcohol addiction myself, and I hope he can find his way out of that bog like I did 30 years ago, with the help of some great friends who shared their own experience strength and hope with me.

Being a musician, especially performing mostly in bars, having a drink whilst doing a gig was acceptable, as long as you kept your head and it didn't cause you to play sloppy, arrive late, or worse, not arrive at all.

It's so sad to see one as super gifted as Michel have his talent and job compromised in this way, and hopefully he will overcome the problem, and get back on track.

Ian

#373906 - 10/31/13 09:56 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: ianmcnll]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
if they put the new clavinova piano suite in the new Tyros 5 it gonna be the bomb look at the video when peter demos the clavi and that piano section is great like RD700 nx edits if they did that it will be a great improvment and 76 keys this is gonna me a great unit.

#373912 - 10/31/13 11:21 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Donny... reread it... All I'm saying is, pros are a tiny fraction of the numbers that buy arrangers. They are probably a higher percentage of the buyers of Tyros's, but I really doubt they are a majority.

For every guy doing what you do, there are dozens, if not hundreds that simply play at home. And most of them don't bang down $5000 for a toy in their living room. Most of them buy low end arrangers.

#373916 - 10/31/13 01:33 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
Donny... reread it... All I'm saying is, pros are a tiny fraction of the numbers that buy arrangers. They are probably a higher percentage of the buyers of Tyros's, but I really doubt they are a majority.

For every guy doing what you do, there are dozens, if not hundreds that simply play at home. And most of them don't bang down $5000 for a toy in their living room. Most of them buy low end arrangers.

do we know for sure $5k is the retail price? European sales figures should be higher after all why would they give them the first peek all the time? confused1 also many will off set buying price with the selling or trading of the T4, etc,..either way the world is excited about T5 for now lets just wait and see. btw Happy Halloween everyone.

#373919 - 10/31/13 06:34 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: Tostie]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Tostie
Research at Yamaha showed that touch screens are less 'accurate' in live situations than knobs (knobs give better feedback). Clavinova's aren't being used live, in contrary to the Tyros series. That's the main reason why the high-end Clavinova's have a touchscreen and the Tyros doesn't.

That's at least what I was told.

Sure Tostie is right, as for the Abacus the screen has got to be the one of the most expensive bits of kit on the KB
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#373921 - 10/31/13 06:58 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I wouldn't be surprised if Yamaha might have an iPad App that will act as a touchscreen for the Tyros5.

Now that would be really cool and the best of both worlds.

It would certainly circumvent the expense and other issues of going to a new screen by keeping the present one, as on the Tyros4, which is excellent for live performance.

Ian

Page 17 of 37 < 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 36 37 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online