SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 22 of 37 < 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 36 37 >
Topic Options
#374081 - 11/02/13 01:47 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: Diki]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Diki

Yamaha's 'baby steps' is what you expect from these guys. Be nice if they actually surprised us, one day!

Call the steps whatever you want Diki...but they are still expertly executed forward steps (just not up to YOUR standards), and their plan obviously works and it works very well.

I have a feeling it won't change.

The Tyros line, besides being one of the best TOTL arrangers available today, has had an enviable sales record since it's beginning, which is probably why they get criticized so much.

Nothing wrong with criticism, as long as the critic has the knowledge and the credentials to back it up...so far, we haven't seen anyone fitting that description...just the usual amateur self-appointed armchair marketing wizards.

Ian

#374082 - 11/02/13 01:48 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: travlin'easy]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
I just finished my second CD using Tyros 4 and in the studio the DRUM SOUND to use Gary's wordS IT SOUNDS PRETTY DAMM GOOD.

#374084 - 11/02/13 02:02 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: Dnj]
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
Wow...Might be time for a new name that doesn't mean 'beginner or novice'

#374085 - 11/02/13 02:09 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
ianmcnll Offline

#374089 - 11/02/13 03:51 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Here is what quality drum kits should sound like, and I am sorry but Yamaha and most other arrangers don’t even come close.

Bill

#374090 - 11/02/13 04:02 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bill, that really sounds good. It sounds a lot like my ancient Roland drum machine did 30 years ago. At least that's about the way I remember it sounding.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#374092 - 11/02/13 04:19 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
ianmcnll Offline

You don't need to apologize, Bill.

I can only speak from my own experience, but I must admit, I'm very happy with the kits on my Tyros4.

I've been doing a fair bit of home recording lately, and the Tyros4 is one easy instrument to work with and I get a very nice finished product, indeed.

These BFD drums sound rather good, but VST's aren't my cup of tea.

Do you use these kits in your trusty old Abacus?

Ian

#374104 - 11/03/13 01:13 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: ianmcnll]
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
You don't need a dedicated program like BFD to have "real" drums or percussions: if you happen to own a workstation like a Kronos (or a Motif for that matter) or a module like the Roland Integra-7 you are set from here to the eternity.
The pair PA3X-Kronos offers the advantage that many drum sets in the Kronos are already matched for the PA3X, so you don't need to remap anything: just connect the midi out of the PA3X to the midi in of the Kronos (in Combi mode), select a drum kit on channel 10 and you are ready to rock the house. You could also have the PA3X drive one of the amazing bass sounds of the Kronos, but that would be overkill... grin

#374105 - 11/03/13 02:18 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: ianmcnll]
abacus Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
You don't need to apologize, Bill.

I can only speak from my own experience, but I must admit, I'm very happy with the kits on my Tyros4.

I've been doing a fair bit of home recording lately, and the Tyros4 is one easy instrument to work with and I get a very nice finished product, indeed.

These BFD drums sound rather good, but VST's aren't my cup of tea.

Do you use these kits in your trusty old Abacus?

Ian

Hi Ian

I have drums from Kontakt (Including Abby Road 60s), Akai Kits and drum sounds from Pure Drums with the pure drums being WAV files that I have loaded into the advanced drum editor that comes as standard with the latest R46 software, (Full details in the Programming manual downloadable here Page 11)
I was tempted by BFD (Brett Wales uses them on his latest CDs) however I think I have enough at the moment. (The beauty of OAS 7 is that all the above are loaded on-board thus no additional equipment is required)

A direct link to the PDf file can be had by clicking here
Bill

#374106 - 11/03/13 02:21 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: Dreamer]
abacus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dreamer
You don't need a dedicated program like BFD to have "real" drums or percussions: if you happen to own a workstation like a Kronos (or a Motif for that matter) or a module like the Roland Integra-7 you are set from here to the eternity.
The pair PA3X-Kronos offers the advantage that many drum sets in the Kronos are already matched for the PA3X, so you don't need to remap anything: just connect the midi out of the PA3X to the midi in of the Kronos (in Combi mode), select a drum kit on channel 10 and you are ready to rock the house. You could also have the PA3X drive one of the amazing bass sounds of the Kronos, but that would be overkill... grin

Hi Dreamer

Your suggestion is spot on if you cannot have additional sounds (VST) on board, however most arrangers make it hard work to set them to control external modules. (This is another plus of OAS 7 as it has it owns Midi Voice Banks thus allowing you to set things up so that the external module effectively becomes just another voice to choose from the database. (Details can be found in the Programing manual downloadable here Page 60)

A direct link to the PDf file can be had by clicking here

Bill

Page 22 of 37 < 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 36 37 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online