SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 12 of 37 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 36 37 >
Topic Options
#373634 - 10/27/13 01:14 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Nah! 61 is more than sufficient for me, and for the most part, everyone else.

Gary cool

clap clap keys clap clap

#373636 - 10/27/13 01:27 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Maybe they should make a 49 key model for you guys duel

#373637 - 10/27/13 01:30 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
Dnj Offline

more play......less talk I say !

#373639 - 10/27/13 01:33 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj

Than...maybe....I can be blown away.. grin

#373645 - 10/27/13 02:10 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Fran, if they slapped a Roland label on the S-950 or T5 you would be singing their praised from the rooftops of Philadelphia and you know it.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#373652 - 10/27/13 02:47 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: travlin'easy]
Fran Carango Offline

Fran, if they slapped a Roland label on the S-950 or T5 you would be singing their praised from the rooftops of Philadelphia and you know it.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Gary, I don't think so....

If Roland decided to rip me off with a repackaged 61 key arranger and charge more than 5 G's for it....It wouldn't be it's praises I would scream from Philly rooftops smile

3 things wrong with this statement...I don't like 61 keys... I would't pay that kind of over price...and I stay out of Philly as much as I can grin

#373657 - 10/27/13 03:07 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By: Dnj

From the guy who only gives us the latter... rotfl

#373659 - 10/27/13 03:14 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: musicforyourday]
Diki Offline

Originally Posted By: musicforyourday
Ok Diki I have a Bk 9 as well and I just can't seem to get what I want out of it live its very good don't get me wrong but if T5 76 really got me going I really love T4 and as a piano player 76 key version with piano upgrade and better midi file and MP3 player and new piano mode really got me wanting this I will keep T4 and prob move Bk 9 although I will need to play first we will soon know.

Have you tried Roland's full Pianostyle Mode, with the Dynamic Arranger on, and used the Chord Sequencer, while you play some tasty audio loops in sync with the style?

Thing is, until you try the NEW stuff that Roland have added, you aren't getting the full package. For instance, you need an expression pedal to get the best out of the B3 sim. You need an FC-7 pedal to get the best from the BK-9, freeing up your hands to PLAY, rather than be constantly pressing buttons (that alone can make a radical improvement in live ease of use) and you need an iPad to get the ease of access to the synth parameters and programming and easy Performance and sound selection (but a BK-9 and an iPad is still thousands less than a T5-76).

If you can pin down what it is that is slowing you down on the BK-9, I'll be happy to help you find a solution or workaround.

#373664 - 10/27/13 04:01 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada

Cheers,

Gary cool

I don't think it would work for long anyway, Gary...Mr. Yamaha would be so insulted, he would reach out from the grave and personally rip off the Roland label.

But you do have a point...that may be the only way we'd see the Roland name on a new TOTL arranger.

Ian

#373694 - 10/28/13 08:19 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
Diki Offline

There are times when I just have to shake my had in dismay at what goes on here... Honestly guys, what is this place? A frat bar? A school playground? Kindergarten?

Grown men (somewhat grown, anyway!) chucking insults around over something so small as what brand of arranger they 'support'. Don't we have something better to do? Like play music, for instance (I know, I know... where's the FUN in that?!).

These things are TOOLS... Do you honestly care one iota what brand of spoon you use while you eat your morning breakfast? Do you feel like getting a rise out of the next guy because he uses a different brand of spoon to you? All that matters is, the spoon doesn't leak, there aren't spikes on the handle, stuff like that...

But somehow, when it comes to arrangers, rubbish like this gets bandied about. Mr Yamaha is going to rise from his grave to rip the label off an arranger?

What the hell has gone wrong with this forum... I see more intelligent discussion on sports sites, where fandom is actually EXPECTED. I suppose it's kind of futile, but I don't suppose there's any chance that we might stop this petty backbiting, and simply get down to talking about arrangers, is there? You know, with a modicum of adulthood? Let's keep this schoolyard taunting to subjects like football or baseball franchises.

Page 12 of 37 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 36 37 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online