SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#37335 - 11/11/10 05:59 AM Transposer Trouble on Audya
Rusty 999 Offline

Loc: Ireland
I notice something on the Audya that I would consider to be a flaw in the way the transposer works.
I save my registerations to match the song I am doing and name it with the song name so that when I call up number 11 regis for example I will know its for eg Rock Me baby. I sometimes also save the transpose value and lets say Rock me Baby is transposed by +1 its then saved in the registeration.
But, if my next song is a midifile and i forget to switch Off registeration button and inadvertently use EXIT [ to close the page and then open Midifiles] I find that when i load the midifile it has been transposed by +1--which is the value I used to transpose the previous registration .
On the x4 I could switch directly to Midi or back to Registrations without affecting the transposition.
On the A4 audya---Not Good !!

#37336 - 11/11/10 11:16 AM Re: Transposer Trouble on Audya
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I have the same on my Audya 5 and other keyboards I have had. The transpose stays as set until changed by a registration that has "keyboard Par" checked and saved in the Section area.

I guess there are cases where defaulting to zero with every change would not be wanted but I agree with you.
Bernie

#37337 - 11/11/10 03:24 PM Re: Transposer Trouble on Audya
Rusty 999 Offline

Loc: Ireland
Bernie. Thats the problem--I have all registration transpositions already saved properly and keyborad par checked and saved in section etc.
So , I would then expect the audya to revert to Zero transpose when i move on to a midifile because all my midifile also has changes saved and some of them would have transpose saved [internally and not with the global transposer]

#37338 - 11/12/10 02:59 AM Re: Transposer Trouble on Audya
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Rusty
It seems to me that if the midi is saved as part of a reg with no global transpose it would change to zero.
A midi with internal transp apparently has no effect on global.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online