SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#372668 - 10/05/13 12:53 AM Midjay Pro demo in Rome
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Next Tuesday the Midjay Pro will be demo'd in a roman music store; it's also possible order one (the delivery date is unknown, though).
The advertised price is 1849 euros.

http://www.bandiera.it/site/

http://www.bandiera.it/site/index.php/Karaoke/Ketron-Midjay-Pro.html

#372680 - 10/05/13 05:35 PM Re: Midjay Pro demo in Rome [Re: Dreamer]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Thank you for the information Dr. Dreamer ... that is over $2,500 U.S. at the current eur to USD rate. If you get to see the demo, let me/us know if you think I/we should prepare to sell the Midjay Plus'.
Ciao,
Jerry

#372681 - 10/05/13 11:06 PM Re: Midjay Pro demo in Rome [Re: Jerry T]
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Jerry,

unfortunately I won't be able to attend the demo; however at least now we know that this Midjay Pro is real and not just another urban legend (just joking...)
Personally I think that it's overpriced (at 1300 euros or 1800 USD it would have really killed the market), but until Ketron decide to assemble their products in China apparently there is no solution to this problem.
I will continue to monitor the music fora here in Italy and, as soon as there are the first reports from actual users, I will let you know.
Ciao

#372682 - 10/06/13 02:22 AM Re: Midjay Pro demo in Rome [Re: Dreamer]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Don’t forget Italy has a 22% VAT whereas the US has between 5 – 10% Sales Tax so direct currency conversion won’t give a realistic result. (Plus there are transportation costs to take into account)

Bill

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online