SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#372210 - 09/21/13 02:18 PM iPad Arranger App - finally!
miden Offline

Loc: The World
As I cannot edit a thread title after posting as the original was a bit cryptic...

I reposted under this title.

https://sites.google.com/site/midibandks/

This is the first one I have seen, I have not tried it, but at $5 gotta be worth a punt smile

EDIT: Some further info from the FAQ section..

Q: What styles can be used with MidiBand?

A: The Midiband app uses Yamaha style files (.sty), widely available on the Web. These styles are in fact MIDI files containing sequentially recorded accompaniment sections, separated by section markers. Each section represents a different variation of the same style theme; additional Intro, Ending and Fill In sections can be invoked to start/end the accompaniment and to transition between sections.

The styles can be transferred to iPhone/iPod via iTunes using the standard iTunes File Sharing mechanism or received by email and loaded to MidiBand. Within the Midiband, the styles are further Imported into the internal MidiBand format. After that, the styles can be used for accompaniment "as is", or with further modifications: tempo changes, track muting, etc. Once a style is converted into the internal MidiBand format, all changes to it are automatically saved for future sessions.

Q: Do MidiBand styles use any implicit conventions?

A: MidiBand styles follow the general assumptions of the .sty format. The basic looping style sections are usually called Main A, Main B, Main C, etc. As a convention, they are laid out on the grid either on the left-hand side or in the middle column. The Fill sections (Fill In C, Fill In AB, etc.) represent transitions between basic sections and are generally laid out on the right-hand side. When a Fill section is selected during play, it only plays once, and then the accompaniment switches back to the Main section located in the same row to the left.

Similarly, any section with a word "Intro" in its name plays once, and then the accompaniment is automatically switched to the Main section in the same row to the left. When a section with a word "Ending" in its name is selected during play, the section plays to the end and the accompaniment stops

#372267 - 09/23/13 04:36 AM Re: iPad Arranger App - finally! [Re: miden]
Dnj Offline

although I dont use "I" anything.....it's Interesting stuff Dennis thanx for the heads up.....

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online