SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#372152 - 09/19/13 05:24 PM You guys can have a big laugh on me.
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
What Genre' is:

I've Got A Name
Another that I can't recall the title to goes like this and you all know it.
Even though we ain't got money, I'm so in love with ya honey, everythang is gonna bring a change of love.

Would these be country, Pop, something new like JazzPop. I like these tunes and don't know where to place them in my Lyrics Book.

Yes Donny, I still only do maybe 8-10 tunes with out written lyrics. I don't have a clue what the audience looks like or what they are doing. I just know we're all having a good time, LOL

#372153 - 09/19/13 05:54 PM Re: You guys can have a big laugh on me. [Re: brickboo]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Boo,

It's Danny's song by Kenny Loggins. I'd call it pop.

Tom

#372154 - 09/19/13 06:03 PM Re: You guys can have a big laugh on me. [Re: Tom Cavanaugh]
brickboo Offline

Tom where the heck ya been. I've been lurking but hadn't seen ya in a while. Ya still doing the big big band stuff? Have ya been down to DonM's lately? I hadn't been to New Orleans since 2006 just after Katrina and Don and I couldn't get together. Man if he wasn't so big and mean looking I'd have stop just to hug Susan.

#372184 - 09/20/13 01:48 PM Re: You guys can have a big laugh on me. [Re: brickboo]
rphillipchuk Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada

"Danny's Song" is a song written by the American singer-songwriter Kenny Loggins. It was written as a gift for his brother Danny for the birth of his son Colin. It first appeared on an album by Gator Creek[1] and a year later on the album Sittin' In, the debut album by Loggins and Messina. The song is well remembered for both the Loggins and Messina original, as well as Anne Murray's 1972 top-ten charting cover.

Canadian country-pop music singer Anne Murray was a fan of the original recording and recorded a cover version in 1972. Included on her album of the same name, Murray's version of "Danny's Song" was a hit, reaching the Top 10 on three major Billboard music charts in early 1973.
Murray stated that she loved the original version, but the song took on a deeper meaning for her after the birth of her first child a few years later. In an interview, she stated that "Whenever I was singing that song, it was very meaningful."[2]

Edited by rphillipchuk (09/20/13 01:53 PM)

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#372248 - 09/22/13 05:22 PM Re: You guys can have a big laugh on me. [Re: brickboo]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Boo, How ya been? I'm still around but not really active much anymore. The big band is dead, haven't had a job in over a year. I'm sort of retired from performing. I'm not even playing at home anymore either. Sort of lost motivation. I hope you are well.

Tom

#372255 - 09/22/13 08:14 PM Re: You guys can have a big laugh on me. [Re: brickboo]
brickboo Offline

Well Tom I'm about like you. My brick business has been all but dead for years. I raised my NH prices from $50 to $65. Now I just do about three different places occasionally. I think the $15 might have bankrupted a few.

My sister in law used to say "life sucks lived it."

Thanks for the note, and take care,eh!

#372294 - 09/24/13 02:05 AM Re: You guys can have a big laugh on me. [Re: brickboo]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: brickboo

My sister in law used to say "life sucks lived it."

She may have liked this original song that a band I played with performed live back in the 80s. "Don't Have The Time"

#372296 - 09/24/13 07:25 AM Re: You guys can have a big laugh on me. [Re: Nigel]
brickboo Offline

Nigel, She would have loved it and could have been her favorite if Bato Barbieri played a solo on it. Haha!

#372309 - 09/24/13 06:36 PM Re: You guys can have a big laugh on me. [Re: brickboo]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
BOO!!!!!!
"Bato" ??? Really??? and YOU, a sax man!
geeze.
smile

#372314 - 09/24/13 09:44 PM Re: You guys can have a big laugh on me. [Re: brickboo]
brickboo Offline

Dave, I got a new free laptop as part of a class action suit that I knew nothing about a couple of weeks ago. There's a numeric pad which offsets the keyboard. I'm not crazy about it. It has Windows 8 which has 100 times more intrusions than my less memory and smaller HD Gateway with Vista Home Premium had.
Sometimes I have to shut down the stupid thing and run Advance System Care to get it back up to speed. This Windows 8 is a big mistake I think. I had a new HD put in my old laptop a while back I'm thinking of selling this one and going back to Vista Home Premium and the old computer.
Sorry about the typos. I have to spend more time checking everything now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online