SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#372057 - 09/17/13 02:20 PM New Yamaha TOTL
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
I am looking forward to the New TOTL Arang from Yamaha I want to start this discussion on what I want out of this new unit . First 76 Keys so I do not need to take another keyboard to my gigs Midi file melody line usually. Part 1 button on the unit not 2 steps like it is now. Touch screen, BETTER Grand Piano sound. Light weight, USB holder that is covered. Like bk9 , I would like more then 4 outs so I can record separate channels more effectley . Better Vocal set up I like the one on the BK 9 so you can control reverb in real time . Black in color. Expandable so that I can import the latest sounds as they come out ie. new style sounds in motif family ect . I pad intragration would be nice most of all. Sounds that knock you socks off. Most of us use around 20 different at best put all the resource in the best 50 sound you can do ans then we will have a unit. Let get the discussion. Going on this stuff I want to know WHAT YOU WANT.?

#372059 - 09/17/13 03:13 PM Re: New Yamaha TOTL [Re: musicforyourday]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
1. Chord sequencer.
2. Lots of great sounding drums.
3. Sleeker design. Tyros is too fat.
4. Great, hard driving, styles for contemporary Latin dance music: salsa, merengue, bachata, reggaeton, Tejano, regional MX....
5. Black color
6. Touch screen
7. VH as good as TC Helicon.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#372060 - 09/17/13 03:21 PM Re: New Yamaha TOTL [Re: musicforyourday]
Dnj Offline

Whatever it is is ALREADY made and ready to distribute!....
all these wish list things probably wont be included.But its nice to dream.
As always making money is the bottom line,.... For now the phenomenal S-950 is a beast of an arranger for-filling most of my my needs night after night.

#372061 - 09/17/13 05:12 PM Re: New Yamaha TOTL [Re: Dnj]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
2 years ago I was part of a group of people who was asked to go to yamaha and have impute on this unit I am hoping some of the things I brought up stuck at least the 76 keys option . Better drum patches but it is what it will be it gonna need to be a big splash for me to jump in o er my Tyros 4. It just getting to that sweet spot that you get when you spend lot of time with a keyboard. , I agree the 950 is a great unit for the price very good but keybed not anywhere close to Tyros 4. I hope the new one has even better improvements . Voc harmony can stand a big improvement . The whole Yamaha voc harmony need to improve . It would be nice to make the buttons a bit bigger and make the whole unit a bit more sleek . ESP if they make a 76 key unit .

#372062 - 09/17/13 06:13 PM Re: New Yamaha TOTL [Re: musicforyourday]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I'm pretty sure the latest Tyros model is all finalized and just about ready for showing...someone mentioned October. Personally, I have no idea what it's going to have...probably a touch screen (if the latest CVP is any indication) but as far as the number of keys, VH upgrade, new drum kits...that's anybody's guess.

We'll just have to wait and see.

I know I won't be upgrading as the Tyros4 is plenty for my needs.

Ian

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online